ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Breaston and Boss released. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270197)

okcchief 02-19-2013 06:02 PM

Why is anyone puzzled by Breaston? He has barely played the last year so it's not outlandish to think he's not worth 4 million a year at all. He's the kind of guy who could easily be replaced at a better price.

The only head scratcher is why is ****ing Cassel on the roster still?

aturnis 02-19-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9416624)
Are you outside of your mind? Dorsey is a terrible 2 gap 3-4 DE, doesnt belong there. Never has. I don't want to overpay for a guy that doesnt even belong in our system. Nonsense

We no longer run a 2-gap. Switched to predominantly 1-gap.

The Bad Guy 02-19-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9416636)
He showed improvement when Crennel decided to put him in sub-packages and play him on 3rd down. This is just ****ing gross that I'm defending Tyson Jackson right now. I can't go any farther with this...

Well getting something from virtually nothing is an improvement, but I just don't see him as a fit.

O.city 02-19-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9416636)
He showed improvement when Crennel decided to put him in sub-packages and play him on 3rd down. This is just ****ing gross that I'm defending Tyson Jackson right now. I can't go any farther with this...

No, he really didn't

Dude doesn't have any pass rush skills at all, and can't attack. Add that to his inflated cap number and he's a goner.

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9416624)
Are you outside of your mind? Dorsey is a terrible 2 gap 3-4 DE, doesnt belong there. Never has. I don't want to overpay for a guy that doesnt even belong in our system. Nonsense

ROFL

Jackson is utter garbage..
Dorsey is at least mediocre in run support. I don't like either but keeping Jackson and releasing Dorsey instead is insane. You lose both of them, IMO.

CoMoChief 02-19-2013 06:03 PM

Damn I had hopes of Breaston actually being worth a shit under Andy Reid.

Boss is damaged goods IMO, 4th team or so in as many years?

O.city 02-19-2013 06:03 PM

If Dorsey would come ultra cheap, he might be worth a look at the NT in a 1 gap system.

But based on his NFL film, I don't think he'd be any good at it.

aturnis 02-19-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9416628)
There will be 3 QBs taken in the top 10, and 1 later in the round.

So you're agreeing with what I just said just don't want to put names and teams to it?

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9416648)
So you're agreeing with what I just said just don't want to put names and teams to it?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_58ro3Ld2zA..._bro_super.jpg

RunKC 02-19-2013 06:04 PM

I don't want to start a thread on this because idk how good the source is but here ya go.

ProFootballCentral ‏@PFCentral
With Breastons release means they are getting somewhere with resigning Dwayne Bowe.

Breaking!! Chiefs prepared to offer WR Dwayne Bowe five-year, $55.55 million contract. Almost identical to what Bucs gave Vincent Jackson.

HolyHat 02-19-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9416644)
ROFL

Jackson is utter garbage..
Dorsey is at least mediocre in run support. I don't like either but keeping Jackson and releasing Dorsey instead is insane. You lose both of them, IMO.

I hate them both, but I'm willing to keep 1 or even both if it means we can draft QB at 1. I dont want to see this team release two DE's right now, I just dont.

CaliforniaChief 02-19-2013 06:05 PM

I brought up Tony Gonzalez awhile ago. Tony got his playoff win. And here's the thing...it really wouldn't even be a move based on nostalgia. The guy is STILL one of the better TE's in the league. Is he elite anymore? No. But the guy is a great option.

Oh and he'd get the fans excited.

How about this for a deal? Throw the true fans a bone and sign Gonzo, then throw the rest of us a bone and draft a QB #1?

O.city 02-19-2013 06:06 PM

I was about to ask Bad G. about this, he said something about it earlier when the thread was fast and furious.

listopencil 02-19-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9416289)
Strike 1.

Breaston is going to be a good WR for someone this year.

I have not been paying enough attention to know how good Breaston could be. What are his strengths/weaknesses?

the Talking Can 02-19-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9416651)
I don't want to start a thread on this because idk how good the source is but here ya go.

With Breastons release means they are getting somewhere with resigning Dwayne Bowe.

Breaking!! Chiefs prepared to offer WR Dwayne Bowe five-year, $55.55 million contract. Almost identical to what Bucs gave Vincent Jackson.

awwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah