ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bishop and Leach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273880)

Micjones 06-24-2013 05:05 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-vonta-leach/

Quote:

Giants consider upping their offer to Vonta Leach
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 23, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT

Free agent fullback Vonta Leach may soon receive an increased offer from the Giants.

After previously hoping to sign Leach to a minimum-salary deal, the Giants have stayed in touch and are considering upping their offer to him, according to the New York Daily News.

Leach has been the NFL’s first-team All-Pro fullback in each of the last three seasons, but the Ravens released him in a salary cap move. The Giants’ interest suggests that they’re not confident in fullback Henry Hynoski’s recovery from knee surgery.

The Dolphins have been viewed as the favorites to land Leach, but the Dolphins reportedly wanted to get a deal done with Leach by the end of last week if it was going to get done at all. The Texans are also reportedly interested in Leach, although their salary cap situation makes it unlikely that they’d be able to sign him to anything more than the league minimum. If the Giants are serious about upping their offer, they could very well be the landing spot for Leach.

This could have an impact on the Giants' pursuit of Bishop.

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 06:08 AM

I want them both now. We need a great FB that can pave the way on short yardage. And we need a skilled ILB that can be more than a thumper.

Chief Roundup 06-24-2013 07:13 AM

Leach is a very good FB. I just don't remember the Eagles using a FB. So I am not sure why Reids' offense would require probably the best in the league now.

The Bad Guy 06-24-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9772042)
Leach is a very good FB. I just don't remember the Eagles using a FB. So I am not sure why Reids' offense would require probably the best in the league now.

If you don't remember the Eagles using a fullback then you didn't watch their games.

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 07:57 AM

Leonard weaver was their FB right? I remember them drafting them

Titty Meat 06-24-2013 08:02 AM

The Bad Guy 06-24-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9772073)
Leonard weaver was their FB right? I remember them drafting them

They didn't draft Weaver. They signed him from Seattle.

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9772121)
They didn't draft Weaver. They signed him from Seattle.

Oh ok well I didn't watch a whole lot but I remember weaver

mcaj22 06-24-2013 09:03 AM

they paid Weaver like 3 years 11 million extension with 6.5 guaranteed

so I'd say any likes his FBs.

Mav 06-24-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9772042)

Their best running days were when jon Ritchie was blocking for Duce Staley, and Westbrook........

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 09:32 AM

Deuce. Ah.. I remember deuce. I liked him. Good back.

mcaj22 06-24-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9772191)
Their best running days were when jon Ritchie was blocking for Duce Staley, and Westbrook........

days?

it was one season lol

Mav 06-24-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9772198)
days?

it was one season lol

lol, it does seem that way. But, prior to them getting T.O. back in the days when they had pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell, they ran quite a bit more than they do now days.....

mcaj22 06-24-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9772507)
lol, it does seem that way. But, prior to them getting T.O. back in the days when they had pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell, they ran quite a bit more than they do now days.....

Andy Reid was the king of RBBC before it became a trend in fantasy football and today's game. And he only stopped when a once in awhile complete back talent like Shady McCoy fell into his lap

He loved deploying the Duce Staley, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook split carry horse shit game.

Mav 06-24-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9772519)
Andy Reid was the king of RBBC before it became a trend in fantasy football and today's game. And he only stopped when a once in awhile complete back talent like Shady McCoy fell into his lap

He loved deploying the Duce Staley, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook split carry horse shit game.

Im all for it. If you don't have one dominant back, or you have an aging back, kinda like the 49ers do, and you have the horses, use them. Going to be interesting to see how JC, and fumbles McGee are used together.....