ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Grand Theft Auto V Trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274400)

SuperChief 09-16-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9983464)

Incredible. I have not been this excited about a game release since Skyrim, for sure.

Dayze 09-16-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9983967)
Incredible. I have not been this excited about a game release since Skyrim, for sure.

yep. I wonder if there will be copies available at Gamestop for those that didn't pre-order.

I have a $50 gift card I've been hoarding since July for either this, or Watchdogs.

lcarus 09-16-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9983983)
yep. I wonder if there will be copies available at Gamestop for those that didn't pre-order.

I have a $50 gift card I've been hoarding since July for either this, or Watchdogs.

Get this. You won't be disappointed.

Dayze 09-16-2013 12:20 PM

Yeah, I'll end up caving . I loved the GTA series; haven't played it since San Andreas I believe.

This looks so bad ass; hours and hours of game play or just goofing off.

C3HIEF3S 09-16-2013 04:07 PM

This game looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait for tomorrow, I've never been close to this excited for a video game.

Imon Yourside 09-16-2013 04:30 PM

Can't wait for the PC release...until then.. I can wait. ;)

lcarus 09-16-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9984093)
Yeah, I'll end up caving . I loved the GTA series; haven't played it since San Andreas I believe.

This looks so bad ass; hours and hours of game play or just goofing off.

Same. I loved Vice City and San Andreas. Didn't get into IV that much. Or the expansions to that. This one feels like a next-gen version of San Andreas.

Spoiler about a side mission:

Spoiler!

lcarus 09-16-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9984817)
Can't wait for the PC release...until then.. I can wait. ;)

It'll be a long ass time before the PC release won't it? I mean, yes, the PC version will be the tits, but for a console game this looks really damn good.

Imon Yourside 09-16-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9984856)
It'll be a long ass time before the PC release won't it? I mean, yes, the PC version will be the tits, but for a console game this looks really damn good.

I really don't like console games other than sports. I much prefer a Keyboard and trackball.

Buck 09-16-2013 05:01 PM

I have a group of about 8 people that I'll be playing this with on a regular basis and we should always have a posse of at least 4 people online after work.

We've all taken a vow to not look up anything online and discover everything for ourselves. We can share info within the group, but no internet searching. Should be fun and rewarding.

lcarus 09-16-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9984875)
I really don't like console games other than sports. I much prefer a Keyboard and trackball.

I'd kill for a PC version of Madden. And the PC version of NBA 2K series is about 200 times better than consoles. Basically I'm agreeing with you. PC is the way to go. I still like using a controller though unless it's a shooter.

ThaVirus 09-16-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9983464)

Quote:

The actual act of switching between them also provides a window into their individual lives and habits, fleshing out their personalities in a way that feels natural and novel. Pick a character and the camera zooms out over the San Andreas map, closing back in on wherever they happen to be. Michael might be at home watching TV when you drop in on him, or speeding along the motorway blasting ‘80s hits, or having a cigarette at the golf club; Franklin might be walking out of a strip club, munching a bag of snacks at home, or arguing with his ex-girlfriend; there’s a good chance that Trevor could be passed out half naked on a beach surrounded by dead bodies or, on one memorable occasion, drunk in a stolen police helicopter.
LMAO

Trevo_410 09-16-2013 08:56 PM

i am going to catch so much shit over this trevor guy... share the same name.... pretty much look the same(almost same balding pattern, but keep it shorter). I tend to be more sane however.

OnTheWarpath15 09-16-2013 09:00 PM

What are the odds of walking in a Best Buy, GameStop or Target tomorrow morning and grabbing a copy?

I thought my PS3 was on the fritz, and I was going to wait for PS4 - turns out it just has an issue with one BluRay - The Dark Knight Rises. All of my other BluRays and games work just fine.

And before someone asks, the firmware is up to date, the disk doesn't have a scratch on it, and it works just fine in my Panasonic player.

Mav 09-16-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9986065)
What are the odds of walking in a Best Buy, GameStop or Target tomorrow morning and grabbing a copy?

I thought my PS3 was on the fritz, and I was going to wait for PS4 - turns out it just has an issue with one BluRay - The Dark Knight Rises. All of my other BluRays and games work just fine.

And before someone asks, the firmware is up to date, the disk doesn't have a scratch on it, and it works just fine in my Panasonic player.

Id say pretty good. Im also doing that tomorrow morning as well.