ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith is "the best in the league" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274957)

Mav 08-02-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 9852355)
Oh, so you know both Rodgers and Smith personally?

Funny that you talk about role models while judging people you don't know over incredibly stupid facets that you've gleaned from media.

ohhhh, the old do you know him personally game. LOVE IT. Well, from the Charities that Alex Smith runs, to which he pockets almost zero money, to him being a family man, to the way he handles the media with class, to all of the glowing reports that you get from him as a human being, you would have to be an idiot not to realize that while a marginal football player, he is a hell of a person. Smart, raised correctly, and a true professional.

Now, onto Rodgers. Green Bay, has 100,000 people in it. I live in a town called Neenah, which borders on a CITY called Appleton. There are really only two places around here to go out and have a night life. I in my hey day, spent a LOT of time in Appleton, and in the night life in Green Bay. I also have the pleasure of knowing a few Packers. And, from what I know of Aaron Rodgers, the stories I have heard about his attitude, his refusal to take any advice from Brett Favre, to his arrogance, come from his TEAMMATES. Such things as how Aaron Rodgers enjoyed taking girls from dudes at bars, because he could. Hes a douche bag from what they said. And his attitude, and the huge chip he has always come off with in the media, doesn't nothing to dispel that. Oh, and while we are on this kick, MR HIGH HORSE. Do you know them personally or well enough to be here defending them? No?? Ouch.

Wait, weren't you one of the big proponents of "wait til the season!"? If so then how do you know Kaepernick won't make any slapdick look like a god?

I know using logic seems to be a challenge for you, but, no, you were told that Smith sucks at throwing to his receivers which is why none of them were impressive. Hmm, strange that once Kaepernick took over Crabtree started looking like something resembling the player he was supposed to be.

Your entire argument is pointless though since they did try to give Smith receiving weapons which he couldn't seem to hardly do anything with so its not like they didn't try to do just as much if not more for Smith.

Do you even listen to yourself? Your argument is seriously pants-on-head-moronic. Why on earth would any team try to find guys to fill in for their injured #1 receiver? Oh what, you mean many of their other receivers are injured too? Hmm, now why would they be trying out receivers? I bet its because they deliberately sabotaged their mediocre former QB by not trying to get him any decent receivers. ROFL

Careful here pumpkin. Especially when you start throwing around the word like logic. Alex Smith in his last 5 quarters with the 49ers as their starter. he threw 3 tds to crabtree. Granted, he and Kaep had much more chemistry. But, here with go with LOGIC, AND FACTS. Kaepernick threw 218 passes during the regular season. He targeted Michael Crabtree, 92 times, that means that about 47 percent of his passes, were targeted for one Guy. Alex Smith for all of his faults, seemed to get everyone involved. My emphasis on Alex Smith and receivers wasn't about any slap dick getting involved. My emphasis on receivers, (try to keep up bud, I know its getting difficult) was the fact that Alex Smith, wasn't surrounded by receivers that the ELITE qbs such as Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning have. Is this that difficult? There was a lot of talk about Alex Smith and how awful he played in the NFCCG but no one wants to mention that Ted Ginn was hurt, Braylon Edwards the number two receiver was cut during the season, Josh Morgan was lost in garbage time in week 8, and that Alex Smith was throwing to Brett Swain, a fat Michael Crabtree (take it up with jerry rice, he said it, not me) and kyle Williams. Not exactly Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, James Jones now is it? You sure you want to play the logic game with ME??? Challenge accepted.......
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9853296)
WoW...........so who do you like?

Aaron Rodgers.

9er guy 08-02-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9853990)
Aaron Rodgers.

So do you like the 9ers or not?

Mav 08-02-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9854006)

I do. And I will pull for them. Kaepernick does things I cant see Alex ever doing on the football field. And I love Navarro Bowman. There are just things that Kaep does, like the Dolphins hat, and the way he acted, that makes me go, wtf is wrong with you. But yes. im a huge 49ers fan. I just don't see eye to eye with a lot of the 49er fans, because Im an Alex Smith guy.

9er guy 08-02-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9854048)
I just don't see eye to eye with a lot of the 49er fans, because Im an Alex Smith guy.

But Alex isn't on the 49ers.

9er guy 08-02-2013 07:55 PM

And to be fair, Alex has had his transgressions. He's been on Drunkathlete.com

J Diddy 08-02-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9854073)
And to be fair, Alex has had his transgressions. He's been on Drunkathlete.com

I'm sure he's been on Drunkcheerleader.com too.

9er guy 08-02-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9854289)
I'm sure he's been on Drunkcheerleader.com too.

Oh! I see what you did there!

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-02-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9853239)
Actually, we know nothing of the sort. The 49ers came within OT of doing it. We won't know a damn thing until they have actually played the games.

You'll know, and right soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9853443)
LOL...the good ol eye ball test.

Can't argue with your empirical evidence.

I'll accept the eye test over a goddamned mountain of statistics every mother****ing day of the week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9853769)
It's not my only contribution.

What can I say? I like you guys.

It does surprise me that Chiefs fans can say the words "Super Bowl" without bursting into flames.

I'm just joking. But seriously, homeboy does throw a lot of checkdowns.

ROFL This man is NO Lil' Chiefy. Me rikey!

Kaepernick 08-03-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9854006)

Right after I got here, Snoopy posted "I'm not a 49ers fan. **** the 49ers!"

If the forum search was worth a damn I would quote it, but the forum search isn't worth a damn.

Snoopy renounced his 49er fandom. Look at his Sig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579
Browns, Pelicans, Bobcats, Alex Smith Supporter, SF Giants, Carolina Hurricanes, UNC Tarheels.

No mention of the 49ers whatsoever. SF Giants yes, SF 49ers no. Snoopy is NOT a 49ers fan. Probably never was a 49ers fan, just an Alex Smith fan.

9er guy 08-03-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9855052)
Probably never was a 49ers fan, just an Alex Smith fan.

Bout to miss out on some great QB play in the Bay/

Kaepernick 08-03-2013 02:31 AM

Matt Flynn and da Rayduhs? :evil:

BigChiefFan 08-03-2013 02:42 AM

I have to admit, I really didn't like the move, but I'm expecting improvement over Cassel-I know; I know, that won't be hard to do, but if Reid is hitching his wagon to Smith, they must see something that they really believe he can do what it takes to win now. There's no guarantees, but I'm hopeful these ****ers actually have a QB worth a damn for the compensation they paid. Enough B.S.-l want my QB to amount to a damn. Give 'em Hell, Chiefs.

whoman69 08-03-2013 07:53 AM

:homer:

Pasta Little Brioni 08-03-2013 09:49 AM

No, but he just might be good enough to take this division.

Carlota69 08-03-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 9855174)
I have to admit, I really didn't like the move, but I'm expecting improvement over Cassel-I know; I know, that won't be hard to do, but if Reid is hitching his wagon to Smith, they must see something that they really believe he can do what it takes to win now. There's no guarantees, but I'm hopeful these ****ers actually have a QB worth a damn for the compensation they paid. Enough B.S.-l want my QB to amount to a damn. Give 'em Hell, Chiefs.

I don't know if this move is going to work out, but I hope it does cuz I'm tired of watching this team lose. I hear all the naysayers, and I understand their arguement and frustration, but I just want to have a season ( and seasons ) to root for. I want AS to succeed for a couple of years, and hole fully get us a few playoff wins. and I really want Bray to be the diamond in the rough and light up this league in year 3 and be the GUY for many years to come with rings to go with it. So, I want AS to be a great stop gap til Bray is ready to be out QBOTF