ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Le’Veon Bell not expected to report by deadline (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318769)

Abba-Dabba 11-18-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13898481)
I just hate the greed. Nothing personal against him. I think that it's ridiculous what he's done. And I don't see how the richest contract ever to a running back is lowballing him. You think that I look ridiculous because of my view. But I find your continuous defense of him to be just as ridiculous. That's just our opinions.

Are you giving a pass to franchises that are greedy as well? How much is Arrowhead parking again on game day?

-King- 11-18-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13897548)
He demanded wide receiver money!! He's not a wide receiver!! That puts it squarely on Bells shoulders

He had 85 receptions for 655 yards in 2017. Positions be damned, he deserves a lot more than just running back money.

To put it in perspective, Sammy Watkins got 16mil a year from us. He had 39 receptions and 593 yards last year.

Please tell me why LeVeon shouldn't demand more money than Watkins.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg 11-18-2018 03:14 PM

Rams were stupid with Gurley and some team will be stupid enough to pay Bell what he wants. RBs are not worth anything near that.

ThaVirus 11-18-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13898535)
He had 85 receptions for 655 yards in 2017. Positions be damned, he deserves a lot more than just running back money.

To put it in perspective, Sammy Watkins got 16mil a year from us. He had 39 receptions and 593 yards last year.

Please tell me why LeVeon shouldn't demand more money than Watkins.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimmy Graham made the same argument years ago when he was in New Orleans

Mecca 11-18-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13898481)
I just hate the greed. Nothing personal against him. I think that it's ridiculous what he's done. And I don't see how the richest contract ever to a running back is lowballing him. You think that I look ridiculous because of my view. But I find your continuous defense of him to be just as ridiculous. That's just our opinions.

It's not ridiculous that the Steelers could have basically rode him in his last year and then let him walk as a shell of himself?

Is that a fair thing to do?

kccrow 11-18-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13898706)
It's not ridiculous that the Steelers could have basically rode him in his last year and then let him walk as a shell of himself?

Is it fair for Bell, who was offered a top-15 contract for players that aren't a QB, to squabble over the guaranteed portion of the contract when he is the biggest reason for not getting guaranteed money? He was twice suspended for violating the substances of abuse policy. Once in 2015 for possession for 4 games and again in 2016 for failure to report to a drug screen (presumably because he was still smoking the green shit) for what would have been 4 games if the NFLPA didn't reach a settlement with the league for 3. He also has an MCL tear in 2015.

While I'd otherwise agree that he should get more guaranteed based on performance and a reasonable expectation for that to continue, I'd also not disregard the potential for him to get caught again and miss much more than 4 games. A 4 game suspension is a Stage Two violation of the League's SOA policy, which Bell has already had, and also carries a two-season continued testing and advancement window. With his violation in 2016 again, he may have been advanced to Stage Three because two Stage Two violations in 24 months is an automatic advancement. If you go to Stage Three, you stay there for the remainder of your career. If he's in Stage Two and gets caught with marijuana again, it's 6 games but it's 10 if he's in Stage Three.

Mecca 11-18-2018 05:23 PM

That contract they offered him was a shit deal.

I don't blame them for not wanting to pay a dime a dozen position and I also don't blame him for trying to protect himself.

SuperBowl4 11-18-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13899099)
That contract they offered him was a shit deal.

I don't blame them for not wanting to pay a dime a dozen position and I also don't blame him for trying to protect himself.

I like LB because he isn't a Steeler fan

RippedmyFlesh 11-18-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13898706)

No not fair but basically how every running back is handled.

GloryDayz 11-20-2018 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13897443)
Wtf? Karma from what? Using his only option to avoid having to play on a franchise tag a second time?

It really is amazing how owners have fooled fans into thinking players are the enemy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eric Berry says hi.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

007 11-20-2018 05:48 AM

I've never understood why teams are allowed to use the franchise tag on a player twice. Why didn't the NFLPA fight against that?

Its a real shit move for owners to do that. NOt saying bell isn't being a drama queen here in his current pay expectations but getting tagged twice just shouldn't happen. God forbid it happens three times.

GloryDayz 11-20-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13905852)
I've never understood why teams are allowed to use the franchise tag on a player twice. Why didn't the NFLPA fight against that?

Its a real shit move for owners to do that. NOt saying bell isn't being a drama queen here in his current pay expectations but getting tagged twice just shouldn't happen. God forbid it happens three times.

Meh, there's too much moving around as it is, maybe this makes it just a little less bad.

Perhaps the answer is to have the NFL start being the direct employer (they are anyway) and letting them decide salaries for each player and who plays on which team each year.