ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Steelers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341783)

stevieray 01-10-2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065965)
What do we know they’re going to do? This is a Mike Tomlin team.

They’re going to try to beat up Kelce off the line of scrimmage. They will risk a hundred penalties if they have to; they have nothing to lose.

They’re also to heave a dozen YOLO jump balls to the pylons.

We also know they’re going to get favorable refereeing. The one thing that could blow up this game for the Steelers is Watt going off for like 3 sacks and forcing Brown into false starts. Brown already gets away with maybe-maybe-maybe jumping early but the refs simply won’t let that happen against the Steelers.

Losers say: Don't miss.

Winners say: I'm making this.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:19 AM

https://i.redd.it/ca3lawmwssa81.jpg

Hammock Parties 01-10-2022 12:20 AM

Direckshun needs to stop taking estrogen.

FloridaMan88 01-10-2022 12:21 AM

Rapelithsberger probably already had his post-retirement plans lined up to start this week… coeds in Georgia to see, etc.

mr. tegu 01-10-2022 12:22 AM

The only way this is close, and it concerns me slightly, is that it’s the Sunday night game which could lead to some, let’s say, questionable calls against us. But I think we are so much better it would just be the difference between covering the spread or not and not really ever at risk of actually losing.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16065973)
Direckshun needs to stop taking estrogen.

Chiefs should win this game, but I’m not the rah-rah poster. I’m the analysis poster, for all of my flaws and incorrect predictions.

If your analysis is that the Steelers have absolutely nothing going for them this game, then I think that’s shit analysis.

If you just want rah-rah shit, happily place me on ignore.

lcarus 01-10-2022 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065936)
Because playoff losses come and go but PTSD is forever.

My playoff PTSD is the wall my therapist breaks his head against.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16065975)
The only way this is close, and it concerns me slightly, is that it’s the Sunday night game which could lead to some, let’s say, questionable calls against us. But I think we are so much better it would just be the difference between covering the spread or not and not really ever at risk of actually losing.

I think we have the advantage everywhere on the field except for TJ Watt vs Orlando Brown.

Brown has been getting the benefit of the doubt from officials the past month for jumping a wee bit early. But that’s not going to fly against the Steelers, who ALWAYS have favorable officiating.

That’s really the only thing that has me concerned this week. Everywhere else we have the advantage.

carcosa 01-10-2022 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065978)
Chiefs should win this game, but I’m not the rah-rah poster. I’m the analysis poster, for all of my flaws and incorrect predictions.

If your analysis is that the Steelers have absolutely nothing going for them this game, then I think that’s shit analysis.

If you just want rah-rah shit, happily place me on ignore.

Analyze deez nutz

lcarus 01-10-2022 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065980)
I think we have the advantage everywhere on the field except for TJ Watt vs Orlando Brown.

Brown has been getting the benefit of the doubt from officials the past month for jumping a wee bit early. But that’s not going to fly against the Steelers, who ALWAYS have favorable officiating.

That’s really the only thing that has me concerned this week. Everywhere else we have the advantage.

I feel like the NFL has been way more lenient on false starts in general going back to last season. Seems like every team gets away with some in almost every game now. The Bengals sure did get away with a few in their game against KC.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 16065987)
I feel like the NFL has been way more lenient on false starts in general going back to last season. Seems like every team gets away with some in almost every game now. The Bengals sure did get away with a few in their game against KC.

Those false starts were egregious non-calls rather than lenient whistle-swallowing. Those refs should have their jobs questioned.

I just have trouble thinking that Mahomes and the D will step up aggressively after their poor play against the Broncos. It’s just hard to imagine Mahomes not dropping 20+ on them in the first half. And even with “playoff Roethlesberger” under center it’s hard to see the defense failing to put a ton of pressure on him.

DTVietnam 01-10-2022 02:17 AM

By Saturday night we will know our round 2 opponent. .

Dante84 01-10-2022 02:45 AM

Patrick Mahomes

FloridaMan88 01-10-2022 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065965)
They’re going to try to beat up Kelce off the line of scrimmage. They will risk a hundred penalties if they have to; they have nothing to lose.

Let them try that bullshit.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/5H_o...ceisdumb.0.gif

BlackOp 01-10-2022 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16065975)

Unless they've cloned Clete into an entire officiating crew...there arent enough flags to push the Steelers further....he's done....has been for for a few seasons.

They willed him into the post season but this isn't like the farewell Manning sham...NFL gets a bump in ratings for week...that's it....and a celebratory send off on SNF.

I expect some nice video montages and waxing poetically about his contributions to the NFL...while ignoring the rapes. They positioned this game in prime time for a reason...