ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

okcchief 01-24-2013 08:23 AM

Dwight Howard over the last few years has proven to be a selfish bitch. The Lakers would have been better off keeping Bynum even though he hasn't played all year, and isn't a model team mate himself. I wouldn't touch Howard if I was a quality team right now.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9346783)
Dwight Howard over the last few years has proven to be a selfish bitch. The Lakers would have been better off keeping Bynum even though he hasn't played all year, and isn't a model team mate himself. I wouldn't touch Howard if I was a quality team right now.

I agree. Though I will defend Howard a little bit when you only get 5 shots during a game that is a problem especially when Kobe is taking 22 and only making 7, and he was 0-6 from 3.

okcchief 01-24-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9346832)
I agree. Though I will defend Howard a little bit when you only get 5 shots during a game that is a problem especially when Kobe is taking 22 and only making 7, and he was 0-6 from 3.

If that is the case confront him directly. Don't tell other teammates and the media. Talk to Kobe. He's a little boy.

The Bad Guy 01-24-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9346564)
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--fo...094336411.html

Such an awful hiring especially when you consider Phil Jackson was actually willing to come back. What a cluster**** the Lakers organization is right now.

I was against Howard a few days ago, but if he's saying I'll walk if MDA is here, you fire MDA and take the 25 mill hit with him and Brown.

For a franchise valued at 1 billion, spending that on coaches hurts, but it's not a death blow.

Keeping MDA around here is doing more harm. Harm that will take years to fix if Howard bolts and they get nothing.

The Bad Guy 01-24-2013 10:20 AM

How Jim Buss is still allowed to make any recommendations is beyond me.

That's 0-2 with 2 huge swings and a miss. Hitching the wagon to a 39 year old PG?

You can't make this stuff up.

okcchief 01-24-2013 10:26 AM

If I was ESPN or TNT I would give Phil Jackson a huge paycheck to do color on the next Lakers game. I know I would be watching :)

Deberg_1990 01-24-2013 10:31 AM

Can we just skip to a Spurs/Thunder final in the West and the Heat in the East?

regular season seems pointless

okcchief 01-24-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9347219)

The West is more wide open than that, but you could pretty much write in the Heat.

Pitt Gorilla 01-24-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9347178)
How Jim Buss is still allowed to make any recommendations is beyond me.

That's 0-2 with 2 huge swings and a miss. Hitching the wagon to a 39 year old PG?

You can't make this stuff up.

eh, there were many on here ready to hand the trophy to the lakers dreamteam after they acquired Howard and Nash.

kcxiv 01-24-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9347250)
eh, there were many on here ready to hand the trophy to the lakers dreamteam after they acquired Howard and Nash.

Paper champs have never meant shit. Looks great on paper, but that shit is ugly basketball. I sure hope Dwights still vry hurt, because dude absolutely sucks on offense. Almost Dennis Rodman bad.

The Bad Guy 01-24-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9347250)

That's irrevelant to this.

Jim Buss has hired 2 coaches, and both coaches are the horrible fits for the Lakers.

You're right. On paper this team should be the best in the league. That's until Buss steps in.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9347219)

I agree about the Heat but there is 4 really good teams in the West, OKC, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Spurs. Any of them could win.

KevB 01-24-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9347654)
I agree about the Heat but there is 4 really good teams in the West, OKC, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Spurs. Any of them could win.

I'd probably put them in order : OKC, Clips, Spurs (assuming health), Grizz (depleted bench, and wasn't great bench to begin with). Denver and Golden St. are also two teams you probably don't want to play come playoff time.

In the East, obviously the Heat are the favorites. But, if the Pacers get Granger back and he can be fit in without disrupting things.....they could be interesting. They gave the Heat all they wanted last year.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9347746)
I'd probably put them in order : OKC, Clips, Spurs (assuming health), Grizz (depleted bench, and wasn't great bench to begin with). Denver and Golden St. are also two teams you probably don't want to play come playoff time.

In the East, obviously the Heat are the favorites. But, if the Pacers get Granger back and he can be fit in without disrupting things.....they could be interesting. They gave the Heat all they wanted last year.

I agree. I would throw the Bulls in the mix in the East espcially once Rose comes back. They man-handled the Heat in their first meeting and that was without their best player. Boozer has really stepped up his game this year.

I will add that for our resident Heat fans you better hope they are just bored and going through the motion and can turn their game on come playoff time, if not they could get bounced early. There is no reason why a team as talented as they are goes to OT against the Raptors at home.

DaKCMan AP 01-24-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9347746)

Just want to point out they gave a Bosh-less Heat all they wanted last year and Miami still won in 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9347759)
I agree. I would throw the Bulls in the mix in the East espcially once Rose comes back. They man-handled the Heat in their first meeting and that was without their best player. Boozer has really stepped up his game this year.

I will add that for our resident Heat fans you better hope they are just bored and going through the motion and can turn their game on come playoff time, if not they could get bounced early. There is no reason why a team as talented as they are goes to OT against the Raptors at home.

The Bulls-Heat regular season doesn't matter. The Bulls (with Rose) owned the Heat in the 2011 regular season and that meant diddly in the playoffs.

Per your second point, I agree. They aren't playing well right now.

Hootie 01-24-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9347540)
That's irrevelant to this.

Jim Buss has hired 2 coaches, and both coaches are the horrible fits for the Lakers.

You're right. On paper this team should be the best in the league. That's until Buss steps in.

On paper they are better than the Heat?

dirk digler 01-24-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9347807)
Just want to point out they gave a Bosh-less Heat all they wanted last year and Miami still won in 6.

The Bulls-Heat regular season doesn't matter. The Bulls (with Rose) owned the Heat in the 2011 regular season and that meant diddly in the playoffs.

Per your second point, I agree. They aren't playing well right now.

True but Boozer is playing like he was supposed to now. The Heat's major problem is rebounding so any team that can rebound good is going cause them some issues it appears this year. Indiana is #1 and the Bulls are #7.

okcchief 01-24-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9347821)
On paper they are better than the Heat?

A lot thought that before the season began. I thought they might be better than anyone with the exception of the Heat. I don't think it's all coaching though. Kobe isn't used to playing with a traditional point guard. They are old and slow. That is glaringly obvious now. Howard isn't a true post up presence and just lacks effort. Gasol isn't the same player he was 4 years ago, and Nash is just old. Add a horrible bench, and I think they are far from the most talented team in the league. D'Antoni is about the worst selection they could have made, but there are other factors. Phil because he knows how to deal with personalities would have been the only one to get this team near a title, but I don't think even he could do it.

okcchief 01-24-2013 02:52 PM

The NBA is a game of speed, athleticism, and 3 point shooting right now. The Lakers have matchup problems against too many teams. Five years ago they might have been crushing it.

Hootie 01-24-2013 03:11 PM

I have a hard time believing Kobe/Nash/Dwight and Gasol is better than LeBron/Wade/Bosh and Allen...even on paper.

Maybe 5 years ago.

Hootie 01-24-2013 03:12 PM

LeBron can play and defend 5 positions and Bosh can make free throws.

The Heat are going to breeze through the playoffs again and probably win in 6 or less.

Lets just be honest. The NBA's biggest flaw is when a super team is just too super (MJ's Bulls) and you pretty much already know who is going to win it before the season starts.

Hootie 01-24-2013 03:15 PM

LeBron James is the best basketball player ever, period.

He's just not Michael Jordan in terms of Michael Jordan in the clutch especially in the postseason was something that we will never, ever, ever see again.

But LeBron's pure basketball game is just ridiculous. He can effectively shut down Derrick Rose...and Dwight Howard. He can play every position and play astonishingly well at all of them.

-King- 01-24-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9348129)
LeBron can play and defend 5 positions and Bosh can make free throws.

The Heat are going to breeze through the playoffs again and probably win in 6 or less.

Lets just be honest. The NBA's biggest flaw is when a super team is just too super (MJ's Bulls) and you pretty much already know who is going to win it before the season starts.

The Heat have been less than dominant this season. While I'm expecting them to be in the Finals, they're not going to breeze in the playoffs. And even last year they had a 6 game series with the Pacers and a 7 game series with the Celtics.

okcchief 01-24-2013 03:19 PM

The Thunder, Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies are capable of beating the Heat. The Heat are the favorites until some beats them in the playoffs, but if you think it's as drastic as Jordan's Bulls you are high, drunk or stupid.

-King- 01-24-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9348134)

He's just not Michael Jordan in terms of Michael Jordan in the clutch especially in the postseason was something that we will never, ever, ever see again.

But LeBron's pure basketball game is just ridiculous. He can effectively shut down Derrick Rose...and Dwight Howard. He can play every position and play astonishingly well at all of them.

Shut down Rose? Rose averages something like 30-5-6 against the Heat.

-King- 01-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9348147)
The Thunder, Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies are capable of beating the Heat. The Heat are the favorites until some beats them in the playoffs, but if you think it's as drastic as Jordan's Bulls you are high, drunk or stupid.

The west is amazingly strong this season. There are 3-4 teams in the West better than the Heat IMO. The worst out of the 4 teams is the Grizzlies and ironically, they're the team the Heat would have the most trouble with.

Ultra Peanut 01-24-2013 03:23 PM

Tony Wroten and Darrell Arthur dominance 4 life

TAKE THAT LUXURY CAP

Hootie 01-24-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9348149)

LeBron absolutely shut him down in the playoffs a few years back.

and the Heat are on cruise control right now. It's the regular season.

Wait until the playoffs.

okcchief 01-24-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9348153)
The west is amazingly strong this season. There are 3-4 teams in the West better than the Heat IMO. The worst out of the 4 teams is the Grizzlies and ironically, they're the team the Heat would have the most trouble with.

I agree on the Grizzlies. That's the last team the Heat would want to play.

DaKCMan AP 01-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9348143)
The Heat have been less than dominant this season. While I'm expecting them to be in the Finals, they're not going to breeze in the playoffs. And even last year they had a 6 game series with the Pacers and a 7 game series with the Celtics.

Without Bosh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9348149)

DRose 2011 Playoffs vs Miami

Game 1: 10-22 shooting
Game 2: 7-23 shooting
Game 3: 8-19 shooting
Game 4: 8-27 shooting
Game 5: 9-29 shooting

-King- 01-24-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9348161)
Without Bosh.

DRose 2011 Playoffs vs Miami

Game 1: 10-22 shooting
Game 2: 7-23 shooting
Game 3: 8-19 shooting
Game 4: 8-27 shooting
Game 5: 9-29 shooting

:eek:

Yikes.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9348157)

Wait until the playoffs.

That maybe part of it but I don't know if that will fix their rebounding woes.

KevB 01-24-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9347807)

Heat did what they had to do to win. My point still stands. Pacers were up 2-1, with another game at home to go up 3-1. LeBron went Supernova in that game 4, and the rest is history.

40/18/9/2/2 - not a bad line

kcxiv 01-24-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9348157)

Wait until the playoffs.

Derrick rose was also like 20-21 years old. It was his what 2 nod year in the league. He hasn't even peaked yet. Hopefully he gets that chance cause he's fun to watch.

Hootie 01-24-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9348551)
Derrick rose was also like 20-21 years old. It was his what 2 nod year in the league. He hasn't even peaked yet. Hopefully he gets that chance cause he's fun to watch.

we'll see

I love the Bulls and I love D Rose but an ACL in the NBA is a lot different than an ACL in the NFL

dirk digler 01-24-2013 07:44 PM

The Final All-Star Roster has been released. A few players got jobbed like Curry, Crawford and possibly Boozer.

East:
Carmelo Anthony (New York)
Chris Bosh
(Miami)
#Tyson Chandler (New York)
Luol Deng (Chicago)
*Kevin Garnett (Boston)
#Paul George (Indiana)
#Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia)
#Kyrie Irving (Cleveland)
*LeBron James (Miami)
#Joakim Noah (Chicago)
*Rajon Rondo (Boston)
*Dwyane Wade (Miami)

West:
LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland)
*Kobe Bryant (L.A. Lakers)
Tim Duncan (San Antonio)
*Kevin Durant (OKC)
*Blake Griffin (L.A. Clippers)
#James Harden (Houston)
*Dwight Howard (L.A. Lakers)
David Lee (Golden State)
Tony Parker (San Antonio)
*Chris Paul (L.A. Clippers)
Zach Randolph (Memphis)
Russell Westbrook (OKC)

dirk digler 01-24-2013 07:53 PM

Nice stuff by KG on his best buddy Melo (your wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios)

-King- 01-24-2013 07:56 PM

DRose is supposed to be coming back shortly after the all star break according to Rotoworld. Can't wait. If I'm Chicago, I'm not sure I wouldn't rest him for a bit longer even if he's ready to come back.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9348881)
DRose is supposed to be coming back shortly after the all star break according to Rotoworld. Can't wait. If I'm Chicago, I'm not sure I wouldn't rest him for a bit longer even if he's ready to come back.

Probably not a bad idea. He is coming back less than year after surgery.

chiefzilla1501 01-24-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9348134)

LeBron is the most gifted player of all time. He will never hold a candle to MJ as an overall player.

-King- 01-24-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9349075)
LeBron is the most gifted player of all time. He will never hold a candle to MJ as an overall player.

One of the few times I can agree with you.

LeBron is great. He's the most talented player to ever lace up sneakers. But he's no MJ.

He's also no Kobe :D

Al Bundy 01-24-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9348851)
The Final All-Star Roster has been released. A few players got jobbed like Curry, Crawford and possibly Boozer.

East:
Carmelo Anthony (New York)
Chris Bosh
(Miami)
#Tyson Chandler (New York)
Luol Deng (Chicago)
*Kevin Garnett (Boston)
#Paul George (Indiana)
#Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia)
#Kyrie Irving (Cleveland)
*LeBron James (Miami)
#Joakim Noah (Chicago)
*Rajon Rondo (Boston)
*Dwyane Wade (Miami)

West:
LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland)
*Kobe Bryant (L.A. Lakers)
Tim Duncan (San Antonio)
*Kevin Durant (OKC)
*Blake Griffin (L.A. Clippers)
#James Harden (Houston)
*Dwight Howard (L.A. Lakers)
David Lee (Golden State)
Tony Parker (San Antonio)
*Chris Paul (L.A. Clippers)
Zach Randolph (Memphis)
Russell Westbrook (OKC)

Yeah Curry got jobbed.

Al Bundy 01-24-2013 08:59 PM

Dwight Howard is a bum.

Al Bundy 01-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9346434)
Another nice win for the Warriors. They executed in crunch time while OKC didn't.

It was a great win. It is so damn good to see some young teams that can actually play and win. I love the Warriors direction, especially with defense.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 09:09 PM

Celtics can't hit shit down 10

okcchief 01-24-2013 09:20 PM

It will be cool to see KD, Russ, and the beard ride again in Houston.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 09:24 PM

Rondo leading the comeback with the Triple D 21-10-10

dirk digler 01-24-2013 09:28 PM

****ing JR Smith..asshole

dirk digler 01-24-2013 09:33 PM

GOD DAMN YOU STUPID JAYHAWK PIERCE..

dirk digler 01-24-2013 09:38 PM

5 straight losses for the Celtics...this one is on Pierce stupid Jayhawk

Celtics are going to have to make a change in this roster if they want to make another run. The only player on this team that can score on a consistent basis is Rondo. Terry has been abysmal.

-King- 01-24-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9349168)
It was a great win. It is so damn good to see some young teams that can actually play and win. I love the Warriors direction, especially with defense.

Mark Jackson should win coach of the year if they keep it up.

RealSNR 01-24-2013 10:24 PM

I remember when everybody was shitting on Mark Jackson.

KC_Connection 01-24-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9349075)

Over the last five years, LeBron has been every bit as good as Michael Jordan was in his prime. Only time will tell whether he can maintain this level for as long as MJ did into his mid 30s, but to say he can't hold a candle to him is patently false considering his current level of dominance.

KC_Connection 01-24-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9349080)
One of the few times I can agree with you.

LeBron is great. He's the most talented player to ever lace up sneakers. But he's no MJ.

He's also no Kobe :D

Kobe doesn't even enter into that kind of discussion. MJ and LeBron were/are able to do things on the court that he never could.

Lzen 01-24-2013 11:24 PM

Anybody watch the TNT guys at half time? Pretty damn funny making fun of Charles Barkley.

KC_Connection 01-24-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9349269)
5 straight losses for the Celtics...this one is on Pierce stupid Jayhawk

Celtics are going to have to make a change in this roster if they want to make another run. The only player on this team that can score on a consistent basis is Rondo. Terry has been abysmal.

Basically, the Celtics need to rebuild. Their time is over.

ChiefsCountry 01-24-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9349512)
Basically, the Celtics need to rebuild. Their time is over.

To truly get the young talent you would need, the Celts would have to trade Rondo.

KC_Connection 01-24-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9349507)
Anybody watch the TNT guys at half time? Pretty damn funny making fun of Charles Barkley.

Hilarious stuff. I don't know what I like better, Charles commentating on the sideline or him doing the half-time and post-game shows.

RustShack 01-25-2013 12:09 AM

Look for Kyrie to be workin on LeBron, like when Gonzalez recruited Ty Law at the Pro Bowl.

-King- 01-25-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9349505)
Kobe doesn't even enter into that kind of discussion. MJ and LeBron were/are able to do things on the court that he never could.

Which are? Don't say assist because MJ only averaged 1 more assist per game than Kobe.

No player in the triangle offense (under Jackson at least) has ever averaged more than 7 assists per game. So people who use the assists thing to prove how LeBron is better mostly have no idea what he's talking about.

KevB 01-25-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9351156)
Which are? Don't say assist because MJ only averaged 1 more assist per game than Kobe.

No player in the triangle offense (under Jackson at least) has ever averaged more than 7 assists per game. So people who use the assists thing to prove how LeBron is better mostly have no idea what he's talking about.

Are you arguing that LeBron isn't a better and more willing passer than Kobe?

-King- 01-25-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9351185)
Are you arguing that LeBron isn't a better and more willing passer than Kobe?

Of course he is. He's is a system designed to have him pass. The triangle offense was NEVER going to allow Kobe to pass. It had nothing to do with Kobe being "willing". It just wasn't going to happen. Neither Kobe or Jordan really got to showcase their passing abilities.

KevB 01-26-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9351222)
Of course he is. He's is a system designed to have him pass. The triangle offense was NEVER going to allow Kobe to pass. It had nothing to do with Kobe being "willing". It just wasn't going to happen. Neither Kobe or Jordan really got to showcase their passing abilities.

So the offense dictated Kobe's shoot first mentality? Wow.

LeBron was being compared to Magic in high school for his ability to see the floor and pass the ball. He was criticized early in his career for deferring too much; everyone wanted him to score more. I'm quite certain there's never been a day in Kobe's life where someone had to prod him to shoot the ball more.

RustShack 01-26-2013 02:26 AM

Played some 2K13 today. 2 on 2 with some friends... We raped the other team with Irving and Waiters. Can't wait for these two to develop for real. Oh and on another note, how about the Cavs bench coming up huge to come back from 20 and win? Irving is a stud and Waiters is just a year or two of development behind(not quite as good, but could still be a future All-Star player) the new additions looked good this game at least.

Starting SF and C away!

-King- 01-26-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9352028)
So the offense dictated Kobe's shoot first mentality? Wow.

What? Do you know how a triangle offense works?

And it's funny, Kobe had a 14 assist game last night LMAO

Pitt Gorilla 01-26-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

LeBron has always been a more willing passer, regardless of system.

KC native 01-26-2013 02:42 PM

Mavericks fans are awful quiet this year.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teams..._wallpaper.jpg

kcxiv 01-26-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9352917)
LeBron has always been a more willing passer, regardless of system.

Lebron has always been a point forward pretty much his whole career.

People have to take each player and look at their situations and how that effects them long term. Jordan had no one for a while, then got Scottie shit clicked and they went off. Kobe played with Shaq from Day 1. Had to sacrifice some numbers to they could win it all. He was ok with it. He has stated he had no problem with it since they were winning chips. Then Lebron, he came in by himself, did alot in a weak weak eastern conference, but everyone could see this kid at the time was really ****ing good. NOw he got a big dog with Wade and shit exploded got to the next level.

Lebron can be the greatest ever, but in order to do that, he has to imo win at least 4 rings. In the end thats a HUGE HUGE part of it. His teams will be capable, but there are also some damned really good teams out there and alot of other teams that can play good ball.

Still Michael imo is the best of them all. They are also different players. Lebron is just a powerful ****ing beast, good ball IQ. His jumper is pretty good now. Jordan was just all around great in everything except the 3 and he was ok at that. Kobe is a little more of a shooter and a chucker, but if you looked at alot of the lakers games he had to become one and dude has the best footwork out of any player ever its just insane.

IN the end, you win if your team has any of them players!

chiefzilla1501 01-26-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9353012)
Lebron has always been a point forward pretty much his whole career.

People have to take each player and look at their situations and how that effects them long term. Jordan had no one for a while, then got Scottie shit clicked and they went off. Kobe played with Shaq from Day 1. Had to sacrifice some numbers to they could win it all. He was ok with it. He has stated he had no problem with it since they were winning chips. Then Lebron, he came in by himself, did alot in a weak weak eastern conference, but everyone could see this kid at the time was really ****ing good. NOw he got a big dog with Wade and shit exploded got to the next level.

Lebron can be the greatest ever, but in order to do that, he has to imo win at least 4 rings. In the end thats a HUGE HUGE part of it. His teams will be capable, but there are also some damned really good teams out there and alot of other teams that can play good ball.

Still Michael imo is the best of them all. They are also different players. Lebron is just a powerful ****ing beast, good ball IQ. His jumper is pretty good now. Jordan was just all around great in everything except the 3 and he was ok at that. Kobe is a little more of a shooter and a chucker, but if you looked at alot of the lakers games he had to become one and dude has the best footwork out of any player ever its just insane.

IN the end, you win if your team has any of them players!

Lebron will never be the best ever. Like Gretzky, there is no way we will see another Jordan. Lebron is a great player, but nobody will have the combo of pure ability and mental toughness as Jordan has.

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

This. Absolutely this.

There's a reason the triangle offense is a low assist offense.

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 04:44 PM

Marc Stein said on the radio a bit ago there's a rumor picking up steam among NBA Circles:

Pau Gasol to Boston, Paul Pierce to Memphis, Rudy Gay to LA.

kcxiv 01-26-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9353320)
Marc Stein said on the radio a bit ago there's a rumor picking up steam among NBA Circles:

Pau Gasol to Boston, Paul Pierce to Memphis, Rudy Gay to LA.

i can see Gay to the Lakers as Metta is playing PF now.

Hootie 01-26-2013 04:49 PM

look I don't disagree with the triangle system point but LeBron James is a natural passer...he's always been a guy who strives on making good basketball plays where Kobe has always tried to be the closer and will force shots if need be

however, he's a mediocre closer at best

and I find it funny that LeBron has more playoff clutch moments than Kobe and LeBron is a guy who doesn't even try and be the closer most of the time

(yes, he also has a lot of well documented blatant chokes which I will say Kobe doesn't really have any where you're like 'oh shit what a choke job')

but my point is...I cringe when I hear guys like Stuart Scott refer to Kobe as the "best closer in the NBA"

holy shit couldn't be further from the truth

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9353326)
i can see Gay to the Lakers as Metta is playing PF now.

I don't really want Gay here.

Big thing with the Lakers is flexibility in 2014. Gay's contract will prohibit that.

He is a huge upgrade in athleticism but he's not a good shooter.

kcxiv 01-26-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9353346)
I don't really want Gay here.

Big thing with the Lakers is flexibility in 2014. Gay's contract will prohibit that.

He is a huge upgrade in athleticism but he's not a good shooter.

well, they are going to do something. Pau is gonna be a goner in some way shape or form! He's not happen, his agents are going to cause alot of drama, eventually its going to get out of hand just like everything else does.

Also, the powers that be are going to do everyting possible to get kobe that 6th ring with the Lakers. Could it hurt them in the future? probably, but as a laker fan and see'ing them win 10 titles, im ok with it!

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9353340)
look I don't disagree with the triangle system point but LeBron James is a natural passer...he's always been a guy who strives on making good basketball plays where Kobe has always tried to be the closer and will force shots if need be

however, he's a mediocre closer at best

and I find it funny that LeBron has more playoff clutch moments than Kobe and LeBron is a guy who doesn't even try and be the closer most of the time

(yes, he also has a lot of well documented blatant chokes which I will say Kobe doesn't really have any where you're like 'oh shit what a choke job')

but my point is...I cringe when I hear guys like Stuart Scott refer to Kobe as the "best closer in the NBA"

holy shit couldn't be further from the truth

He has one ring, and he has more clutch playoff performances?

How is that possible when the other guy has 5 rings?

Kobe's 01-02 performances were insane.

As for closing, who's better? Kobe's volume of game-winning shots is probably about 10x that of the next person, so those stats are skewed, but if he's not, who is?

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9353374)
well, they are going to do something. Pau is gonna be a goner in some way shape or form! He's not happen, his agents are going to cause alot of drama, eventually its going to get out of hand just like everything else does.

Also, the powers that be are going to do everyting possible to get kobe that 6th ring with the Lakers. Could it hurt them in the future? probably, but as a laker fan and see'ing them win 10 titles, im ok with it!

I think you wait to deal Gasol closer to the deadline.

Hootie 01-26-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9353375)
He has one ring, and he has more clutch playoff performances?

How is that possible when the other guy has 5 rings?

Kobe's 01-02 performances were insane.

As for closing, who's better? Kobe's volume of game-winning shots is probably about 10x that of the next person, so those stats are skewed, but if he's not, who is?

I just want you to name 5 defining NBA playoff moments where Kobe has single-handedly won his team a game.

I can probably name 20 off the top of my head for Jordan and I'm sure if I researched I could find even more. I can name at least 5-10 in the NBA Finals, alone.

I can name 2 or 3 for LeBron right now, too.

I can't name any for Kobe. Maybe I'm forgetting some...I do remember one against Phoenix where he did something super badass in OT or to get the game to OT...so that's 1. I remember Artest making the biggest shot in one Finals game to win the game...and Gasol cleaning up a Kobe miss to win another. I remember Kobe went 6-24 against Boston though, that was real good. Real MJ like.

Hootie 01-26-2013 05:05 PM

and I bet the Heat win the next 2 rings as well...

I could honestly See LeBron getting 5-7 rings. He's just easily the best player in the NBA right now and Durant at #2 really isn't even close.

Although I think it goes

LeBron
HUGE GAP
Durant
GAP
Debate time

-King- 01-26-2013 05:06 PM

Hootie is the king of cherry picking.