ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325118)

milkshock 10-07-2019 06:14 AM

a panic move as a reaction to letting Houston and Ford go.

He had Carroll as coach in Seattle who is obviously a defensive guru, and likely the true reason for any success he had

Sassy Squatch 10-07-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14506916)
No more trades, Brett. You're ****ing done.

You're not allowed to spend any more draft picks on disaster players. No more trade ups. No nothing.

You ****ing suck.

Take Breeland Speaks, Frank Clark, and any other shitty player you wanted to spend picks on and shove them straight up your ass.

His entire 2018 offseason was an unmitigated disaster.

Watkins
Hitchens
Speaks
ODaniel
Watts

The only player there worth anything is so injury probe he might as well not even be on the team.

We'd have been better off with Dorsey. We'd have been MUCH better off with Ballard.

Mecca 10-07-2019 06:20 AM

I mean in reality, John Dorsey was a better at finding talent. Brett Veach trades and signs proven players who proceed to get worse the second they walk in the building.

milkshock 10-07-2019 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14506929)
His entire 2018 offseason was an unmitigated disaster.

Watkins
Hitchens
Speaks
ODaniel
Watts

The only player there worth anything is so injury probe he might as well not even be on the team.

We'd have been better off with Dorsey. We'd have been MUCH better off with Ballard.

His only purpose is to allow Andy to have unmitigated power, which Dorsey (correctly) would never have allowed him.

HemiEd 10-07-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 14506496)
I really payed attention to Clark this game......blows my mind how off the snap, he makes contact with the lineman, and then stands there.

He got paid. Simple

Buckweath 10-07-2019 06:52 AM

20M per season but you've still got to show more patience with Frank Clark.

Anthony Hitchens was definitly a bad signing.

RealSNR 10-07-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 14506937)
His only purpose is to allow Andy to have unmitigated power, which Dorsey (correctly) would never have allowed him.

Not this shit again :facepalm:

Some of you butt****ing morons must believe Andy Reid is ****ing Emperor Palpatine or some shit.

Mecca 10-07-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14506973)
He got paid. Simple

My only comment for this is if you believe that does that mean you think you should never resign anyone ever?

TEX 10-07-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 14506988)
20M per season but you've still got to show more patience with Frank Clark.

Anthony Hitchens was definitly a bad signing.

Both were terrible. Time is proving it and will continue to do so.

nychief 10-07-2019 07:06 AM

Seems like he gets up field and pushed out of the pocket every rush.

tyreekthefreak 10-07-2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14506916)
No more trades, Brett. You're ****ing done.

You're not allowed to spend any more draft picks on disaster players. No more trade ups. No nothing.

You ****ing suck.

Take Breeland Speaks, Frank Clark, and any other shitty player you wanted to spend picks on and shove them straight up your ass.

Well shit....Veach can't draft very well either...

Chris Meck 10-07-2019 07:28 AM

Not a good game.

The sample size is getting larger.

Danguardace 10-07-2019 07:33 AM

Not sure if it has been mentioned but he is spending a lot of time in a 2 point stance, not sure if that is by design and or poor conditioning but makes you wonder.

Gravedigger 10-07-2019 07:37 AM

I don't see him twist, or stunt, much. Seems like he's always in the same position battling the left or right tackle with the only choice of going inside or outside.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-07-2019 08:29 AM

Justin Houston has as many sacks in one game against the Chiefs as Clark has in five games with the Chiefs. He was also making less money than Clark and didn't cost multiple high draft picks.

At least the Khalil Mack comparisons should stop for a while.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2019 09:22 AM

I watched Clark for the 1st quarter until I decided I had better things to do; one can only watch a guy get stonewalled by single teams for so long before he loses interest. I started watching Niemann and K-Pass instead.

Anyone still making excuses for this guy is an idiot. He's slow off the ball, has no lower body strength, no pass rush moves and little creativity.

He's a friggen disaster. K-Pass clearly outplayed him last night.

RealSNR 10-07-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14507207)
Justin Houston has as many sacks in one game against the Chiefs as Clark has in five games with the Chiefs. He was also making less money than Clark and didn't cost multiple high draft picks.

I wouldn't be as bitchy if Clark would put up dominant performances against teams with shit offensive lines and immobile, scared QBs.

FringeNC 10-07-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14507356)
I watched Clark for the 1st quarter until I decided I had better things to do; one can only watch a guy get stonewalled by single teams for so long before he loses interest. I started watching Niemann and K-Pass instead.

Anyone still making excuses for this guy is an idiot. He's slow off the ball, has no lower body strength, no pass rush moves and little creativity.

I wonder if it was Veach that had to have him, or Spags? The guy is not only not a difference maker but we're saddled with dead cap space now and loss of draft picks. You just can't make those trades -- giving up draft assets for the "right" to pay the guy more than market.

Sassy Squatch 10-07-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14507376)
I wonder if it was Veach that had to have him, or Spags? The guy is not only not a difference maker but we're saddled with dead cap space now and loss of draft picks. You just can't make those trades -- giving up draft assets for the "right" to pay the guy more than market.

If this is the Frank Clark we're getting this trade may have irreparably damaged our prime years of Super Bowl contention. It's that bad. Couple that with the disastrous Watkins and Hitchens contracts, and that abysmal 2018 draft class, and we're rapidly getting to the point of needing a new GM ASAP.

mcaj22 10-07-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14507356)

Hes 27 million against the cap in 2020 how in the world are they going to improve all these holes.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-07-2019 10:42 AM

Dude got pancaked on a play

Mecca 10-07-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 14507554)
Hes 27 million against the cap in 2020 how in the world are they going to improve all these holes.

You're not, he's supposed to be a cornerstone.

If this is what we got, Brett Veach should lose his job.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14507556)
Dude got pancaked on a play

Yeah, handoff if my memory serves and he got friggen abused. I think it was the LT and the guy just drive blocked his ass straight into the ground.

But I'm sure that was his assignment.

Mecca 10-07-2019 10:47 AM

Lets get honest, if I was your boss and I agreed to let you make trades and spend 200 million dollars of my money on coaches and players and I saw a defense that was no better......

I'd call you to my office and ask you how with everything you did we aren't any better and how I am supposed to believe you have any idea what the **** you're doing.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-07-2019 10:47 AM

Clark just seems weak. Tanoh is the better player rn

RealSNR 10-07-2019 11:50 AM

Dunno how much longer Veach and Reid want to keep up this bullshit.

KPass outplays him. He definitely outhustles him. Same with Ogbah. And when healthy, Okafor definitely outplays him.

At some point Reid should just acknowledge what's going on and bench Clark. Keep him active in the rotation if you want. I don't really care. That's kind of what's happening right now as it is. But in any case, just put the best players on the field.

RunKC 10-07-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 14507554)

Trade Sammy for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and DRAFT good players.

comochiefsfan 10-07-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14507787)
Trade Sammy for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and DRAFT good players.

Does anybody expect Veach to draft impact players with those picks?

Dorsey or Ballard would have gotten Darius Leonard and Kareem Hunt with those selections.

Brett Veach is gonna pick up Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

TEX 10-07-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14507569)
Clark just seems weak. Tanoh is the better player rn

Yep. Clark gets easily pushed around.

TEX 10-07-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14507395)
If this is the Frank Clark we're getting this trade may have irreparably damaged our prime years of Super Bowl contention. It's that bad. Couple that with the disastrous Watkins and Hitchens contracts, and that abysmal 2018 draft class, and we're rapidly getting to the point of needing a new GM ASAP.

Yep. The Chiefs are decaying with just about every Veach move.

BryanBusby 10-07-2019 01:43 PM

So at what point do we start to wonder why guys get better when they leave KC and go from good to bad when they come in? It's a trend now and there's one element in all of this that isn't changing.

Tribal Warfare 10-07-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14508022)
So at what point do we start to wonder why guys get better when they leave KC and go from good to bad when they come in? It's a trend now and there's one element in all of this that isn't changing.

PEDs and masking agents

pugsnotdrugs19 10-07-2019 01:53 PM

I’ve been preserved so far but **** it man. He has got to be better.

The sad thing is, I don’t think its changing.

Veach is a ****ing moron for ever trading for the guy who had TWO (!!!) torn UCLs. And apparently didn’t repair them. My goodness this trade and contract is on its way to ****ing our franchise.

BryanBusby 10-07-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14508036)
PEDs and masking agents

I don't think that's an issue. I've seen this wave of high price Defenders come in and do jack ****ing shit for Andy Reid before he was fired in Philadelphia.

Are we really shocked this is happening again?

Tribal Warfare 10-07-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14508051)
I don't think that's an issue. I've seen this wave of high price Defenders come in and do jack ****ing shit for Andy Reid before he was fired in Philadelphia.

Are we really shocked this is happening again?

With said injuries and had career year during contract negotiations IMO he had to be on something to overcome that.

BryanBusby 10-07-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14508059)
With said injuries and had career year during contract negotiations IMO he had to be on something to overcome that.

Are all of these chronic underachievers hiding injuries and PEDs?

ChiefoftheKeyboard 10-07-2019 02:05 PM

We've handled having a stud qb on a rookie deal about as terrible as ****ing possible

Tribal Warfare 10-07-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14508071)

Donald Stephenson, looked like he had potential to be a legit starter then got caught and became JAG.

This shit happens more often than not.

Bwana 10-07-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14508049)
I’ve been preserved so far but **** it man. He has got to be better.

The sad thing is, I don’t think its changing.

Veach is a ****ing moron for ever trading for the guy who had TWO (!!!) torn UCLs. And apparently didn’t repair them. My goodness this trade and contract is on its way to ****ing our franchise.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think you're right. Whiny Pete Carroll sold us a bum steer.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/56fb...itemid=4763734

TambaBerry 10-07-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14508082)
We've handled having a stud qb on a rookie deal about as terrible as ****ing possible

the worst thing was not starting him his rookie year when we had a stud defense

Tribal Warfare 10-07-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14508071)

https://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/po...-under-carroll

comochiefsfan 10-07-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14508049)
Veach is a ****ing moron

That’s all you really had to say.

suzzer99 10-07-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 14507013)
Seems like he gets up field and pushed out of the pocket every rush.

This. I watched him all night last night. I saw him chipped once. 90% of the snaps he just lost 1-1 to the tackle.

suzzer99 10-07-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14507207)

**** Houston. He'll disappeared for the last 3 years. Last night shows what he can do when he's motivated.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14508227)
This. I watched him all night last night. I saw him chipped once. 90% of the snaps he just lost 1-1 to the tackle.

One of those 4th down plays was just sad; maybe it was a 3rd. He takes off upfield and the RT just kinda gives him a chuck; inside handoff and Clark is almost falling down trying to get his feet back under him as the play goes right under.

I mean he doesn't even seem to have good balance. Ts are using his momentum repeatedly to just kinda flip him out of the way, oftentimes with little effort.

Dude's bad. He's real bad.

But the folks on 810 will be along shortly to tell us otherwise. Why, I do not know. They must really be trying to make up for that KK thing...

TEX 10-07-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14508251)
One of those 4th down plays was just sad; maybe it was a 3rd. He takes off upfield and the RT just kinda gives him a chuck; inside handoff and Clark is almost falling down trying to get his feet back under him as the play goes right under.

I mean he doesn't even seem to have good balance. Ts are using his momentum repeatedly to just kinda flip him out of the way, oftentimes with little effort.

But the folks on 810 will be along shortly to tell us otherwise. Why, I do not know. They must really be trying to make up for that KK thing...

It sometimes honestly looks like he's never played the position before at the NFL level. Just a terrible deal for the Chiefs thus far. The sample size keeps getting bigger and he keeps getting worse.

Sassy Squatch 10-07-2019 03:54 PM

It's a goddamn shame that him playing with a significant injury we don't know about is the best case scenario here. I don't think even the worst pessimist would've predicted this bad of a performance so far.

suzzer99 10-07-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14508251)

Yeah I don't even feel like listening to my Chief's podcasts this week for all the apologetics and excuses. I can get on board most of them - but not Clark.

I lost a lot of respect for the RGR guys - they just keep asserting he's being double and triple teamed. Then someone asked on twitter - have you charted him? Answer - no I have not.

suzzer99 10-07-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14508287)
It's a goddamn shame that him playing with a significant injury we don't know about is the best case scenario here. I don't think even the worst pessimist would've predicted this bad of a performance so far.

That's been the excuse for Hitchens all last year and this year. Although it might actually be true.

With Clark I don't see it though. He seems to be moving around just fine.

I think his injury is going off PEDs.

What's our earliest out on this contract? 3 years?

Seattle isn't a dumb team. That they were willing to let him walk should have told us something. We could have drafted an Edge and be in a much better spot. Semi-motivated Houston was much better than this.

RaidersOftheCellar 10-07-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14508280)
It sometimes honestly looks like he's never played the position before at the NFL level. Just a terrible deal for the Chiefs thus far. The sample size keeps getting bigger and he keeps getting worse.

Keeps getting worse? I’d say he was fairly good last night, aside from whiffing on that run play.

comochiefsfan 10-07-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 14508318)
Keeps getting worse? I’d say he was fairly good last night, aside from whiffing on that run play.

We’re paying him to be a game wrecker like Miller, Mack etc. Not to get a couple tackles all game.

The reality is that he was never worth that much money and that’s on Veach for being a ****ing idiot and giving it to him.

-King- 10-07-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14508232)
**** Houston. He'll disappeared for the last 3 years. Last night shows what he can do when he's motivated.

I mean even unmotivated Houston never looked this bad. He never had a 5 game stretch even close to the 5 game stretch Clark is having.

In58men 10-07-2019 04:19 PM

He’s shit.

Can’t shed a block to save his ass. It’s like he’s constantly glued to the tackle.

Sure-Oz 10-07-2019 04:30 PM

5 games. Still time to make plays

TEX 10-07-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 14508318)

Naw. He was easily handled one-on-one. I saw him make one play. Tackled the RB for a loss as he tried to run outside.

-King- 10-07-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14508346)
5 games. Still time to make plays

He needs to average about a sack a game the rest of the season to match his pay level. Seeing as how he's on pace for 3.2 sacks this season, I don't see that happening. At bare minimum though, he needs 8 sacks this season to at least call it a wash.

Easy 6 10-07-2019 05:05 PM

It’s really sad to be so disappointed in this guy so soon, the first 2-3 games it was like ok just hang on it’ll happen... but 5 straight games of pedestrian production just ain’t getting it

I guess the good news, if you choose to look at it this way, is that he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon... so he DOES have time to turn it around

The pressure to shine is surely a crushing weight for him, but sympathies are hard to come by when you’re making that kinda bank... if he doesn’t go on a tear soon, **** him

Aspengc8 10-07-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14508418)
It’s really sad to be so disappointed in this guy so soon, the first 2-3 games it was like ok just hang on it’ll happen... but 5 straight games of pedestrian production just ain’t getting it

I guess the good news, if you choose to look at it this way, is that he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon... so he DOES have time to turn it around

The pressure to shine is surely a crushing weight for him, but sympathies are hard to come by when you’re making that kinda bank... if he doesn’t go on a tear soon, **** him

He had a brace on under his shirt, maybe his elbow is ****ed up again. It will be interesting to see what type of hybrid spags fields with all the injuries they have.

Easy 6 10-07-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14508429)
He had a brace on under his shirt, maybe his elbow is ****ed up again. It will be interesting to see what type of hybrid spags fields with all the injuries they have.

Yeah I’m surprised the injury rumor mill isn’t in full swing on his supposed elbow/hand issues... the longer he looks like this, the more likely it’s true

tyreekthefreak 10-07-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14508418)

He's not big or bad enough to turn it around.....

Easy 6 10-07-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 14508455)
He's not big or bad enough to turn it around.....

The career numbers say otherwise, maybe not the #2 edge player in the league Veach forecast him as... but still rock solid

Somethings weird here, he’s dinged up and they’re hiding it if you ask me

Tribal Warfare 10-07-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14508514)
The career numbers say otherwise, maybe not the #2 edge player in the league Veach forecast him as... but still rock solid

Somethings weird here, he’s dinged up and they’re hiding it if you ask me

Yep he's off PEDs thus Clark can't hide his problematic injuries

-King- 10-07-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14508534)

What makes you keep talking about PEDs? What evidence do you have on that?

Megatron96 10-07-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14508429)

Is there a link or something of a picture of the brace? I'd really like to see that. I've been saying for a while now that he seems to have some kind of a physical issue.

Iconic 10-07-2019 06:21 PM

Could have had Clowney for two bums and a third.

Could have had Houston, a first, a second, and probably Chris Jones for the long haul.

No, we got this guy instead. Veach is a literal dipshit when it comes to FA.

Munson 10-07-2019 09:15 PM

https://i.imgur.com/jLgzC0X.png

gold_and_red 10-07-2019 09:19 PM

Cam Erving says that Frank Clark doesn’t suck.

Munson 10-07-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 14508939)
Cam Erving says that Frank Clark doesn’t suck.

I bet even Cam Erving could block Frank Clark 1-on-1.

dlphg9 10-07-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 14508957)
I bet even Cam Erving could block Frank Clark 1-on-1.

I bet Cam Erving has the same skill level as the guy FC went against week 1.

JakeF 10-07-2019 10:34 PM

Dee Ford and Justin Houston both have better numbers than Frank Clark so far.

Chiefshrink 10-07-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14508534)

You could be right BUT FC got paid and has no real threat on the other side of this d-line.

JakeF 10-07-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14509006)
You could be right BUT FC got paid and has no real threat on the other side of this d-line.

Chris Jones is a threat.

Chiefshrink 10-07-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14509012)
Chris Jones is a threat.

CJ is an interior lineman. I am talking about the other DE position. You know when Thomas had Smith on the other side?

JakeF 10-07-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14509016)
CJ is an interior lineman. I am talking about the other DE position. You know when Thomas had Smith on the other side?

Or like when they put Smith and Thomas side-by-side?

An interior sack threat is often more dangerous than outside.

Frank Clark has another guy demanding attention so that excuse doesn't fly.

Kpass is starting to come on too. He has better numbers than Clark too.

scho63 10-08-2019 03:44 AM

The media is starting to put Frank Clark on notice: you're being paid to be a superstar yet you're playing like an undrafted FA

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

TEX 10-08-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14509066)
The media is starting to put Frank Clark on notice: you're being paid to be a superstar yet you're playing like an undrafted FA

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

Maybe the scheme and /or talent around him in Seattle made him look better than he really is?

Mecca 10-08-2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14509148)
Maybe the scheme and /or talent around him in Seattle made him look better than he really is?

Well Pete Carroll knows more about defense than any of our guys do, Seattle continues to be good and field a good D when they have lost everyone.

BigCatDaddy 10-08-2019 07:44 AM

Did he avg 11 sacks a year the last 3 years by going unblocked?

dlphg9 10-08-2019 08:31 AM

Just watched a few highlights of Frank Clark from last year and on several sacks he was just faster than the tackle and it looked alot like Dee Ford. Even though alot of his sacks were based off speed he did have some from bull rushing and absolutely destroying the tackle. He just looks slower and weaker. You see him try to do that speed rush and instead of blowing by the tackle he just gets pushed out of the play and when he tries a bull rush he gets absolutely no where and gets engulfed by the tackle. Hopefully he is injured, because if he's not and this is just the player that he is, then holy shit. That's about as bad of a trade you can make.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2019 09:34 AM

This guy IS hurt. It's the only explanation.