ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** Official Chiefs VS Patriots AFC Championship Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320346)

RobertWeathers 01-19-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14052089)
Not sure what the big fun in going to other team's board and trolling. Just ignore them- probably annoying, band wagon Chief's fans.

On the other hand...

Pats have built the greatest dynasty in football. Their fans have been spoiled with riches other teams will never see. Why on earth would Pats fans want to come and troll a team that just won their first Home Playoff game in 25 years? :rolleyes:

Maybe it is insecurity? Nothing last forever. Now you guys are facing a very dangerous, young, hungry team with rabid fans desperate to win at home.

Because they are friggan losers. Nothing wrong with a little smack talk but..yea..its not cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14052089)
Will your dynasty end tomorrow? :hmmm:

I really, really, really don't know.

Halfcan 01-19-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14052101)
Because they are friggan losers. Nothing wrong with a little smack talk but..yea..its not cool.

I really, really, really don't know.

You can't Be the Champ until you Beat the Champ.

To the Chief's it is the biggest game in 3 decades. To the Pats- just another speed bump to the SuperBowl.

I wonder if the Pats are hungry enough? They just kind of sleepwalked through the season.

jjjayb 01-19-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14052083)
Yea I really have nothing more to add so I'll probably fade to black and lurk tonight and tomorrow. All the stats, trends, schemes, matchups, etc have been exhausted to death.

Really the next thing I'm looking for is the inactives list which which will come out 90min before game time.

What you guys want to look for is if Adrian Clayborn and Danny Shelton are active/inactive or not.

Clayborn is an edge rusher and creates decent pressure but can't set the edge to save his life. If he plays, BB is coming after Mahomes. If he doesn't, then Wise and Simon will get the snaps opposite Flowers as they are very good at setting the edge, controlling outside runs and the pocket (which I would prefer mahomes stays in the pocket)

Shelton is a run-stuffer and can't push the pocket to save his life. Hes been a disappointment this year but has come on lately vs the run in more 4-3 with single gap responsibility. He doesn't have the quickness to play 2 gap. If hes out, that means Bill wants more pressure up the middle (Brown, Butler, Guy) and is willing to concede yards on the ground. All 3 are also good at pushing the pocket. Butler is OK vs the run. He used to suck but has been more disciplined. Hes our best interior pass rusher.

I have no doubt the want to keep Mahomes in the pocket.

See ya guys.

Have you seen Mahomes stats from in the pocket? ROFL

Halfcan 01-19-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 14052120)

The Mahomes Myth- keep him in a clean pocket with no pressure and he will self destruct.

Best22 01-19-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14052117)

To the Chief's it is the biggest game in 3 decades. To the Pats- just another speed bump to the SuperBowl.

I wonder if the Pats are hungry enough? They just kind of sleepwalked through the season.

Sometimes the team with more to play for loses (like when a bad team knocks a good team out of the playoff race)

But this Chiefs team is on a mission

chinaski 01-19-2019 12:14 PM

I don't think Mahomes cares if he is throwing inside or outside of the pocket. :shrug:

RobertWeathers 01-19-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14052117)

They are hungry..trust me on that.

RobertWeathers 01-19-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 14052120)

Ive seen all the splits and then some. In/out scramble left/right vs man/zone...hes deadly.

What Bill wants to do is make him sit back there, test his patience, process the disguised coverages, make him slide around, navigate the throwing lanes, force him to throw to spots and avoid at all costs those improvisational stretch plays where Bill's guys need to cover for longer than 3 seconds....and hope for a handful of really bad throws.

Halfcan 01-19-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14052129)
Sometimes the team with more to play for loses (like when a bad team knocks a good team out of the playoff race)

But this Chiefs team is on a mission

From day 1- Mahomes said the goal was to win a Superbowl. And here we are!

Halfcan 01-19-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14052156)
Ive seen all the splits and then some. In/out scramble left/right vs man/zone...hes deadly.

What Bill wants to do is make him sit back there, test his patience, process the disguised coverages, make him slide around, navigate the throwing lanes, force him to throw to spots and avoid at all costs those improvisational stretch plays where Bill's guys need to cover for longer than 3 seconds....and hope for a handful of really bad throws.

Wan't that TD to Reek against you guys in game 1, that took all of 12 seconds, from the pocket?

GermanChief 01-19-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14052139)
I don't think Mahomes cares if he is throwing inside or outside of the pocket. :shrug:

Thats it. Mahomes doesn't care about anything. He just plays. And if you think they catched him he throws the ball with the left. Von miller dreams every night of Mahomes. ROFL

WhiteWhale 01-19-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockingAnarchy12 (Post 14051361)
Worthless stat: Any QB who has thrown 50 touchdowns has made the Superbowl, but lost. Very small number so its worthless, but will be interesting to see if Mahomes can do what Brady/Peyton could not.

Yeah, and incidentally if Mahomes wins the Superbowl that makes it the best season of any QB in NFL history.

In his first season.

At 23.

GermanChief 01-19-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14052144)

They have to go hungry to bed. Sorry.

FlaChief58 01-19-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14052126)
The Mahomes Myth- keep him in a clean pocket with no pressure and he will self destruct.

LMAO

Halfcan 01-19-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14052144)

Yeah... I don't know. Between Brady and his reverse psychology, "we suck" to juicer printing motivational t-shirts- it seems they know the end is near.