ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

DJ's left nut 10-03-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7964552)
That is something that has not been mentioned, but I would think Mizzou would be the first to bring that up. Of course, KU would be opposed to such a fair rule.

Pft - KU wouldn't give a shit.

Afterall, what are the odds of them managing to miss OU and UT in the same season, get their asses kicked on a neutral sight and then back into a BCS bid again?

Let's face it - they aren't worried about that perfect storm of butt-****ing-lucky happening ever again. Sweet Lew only had one soul to sell to get that deal.

eazyb81 10-03-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7964553)
I'm in the minority, but frankly I don't understand the expectation of equality. Some schools DO earn more than others in rights, and that is great for them. I would have liked to see a more balanced share, for sure, but I'm not going to hate on UT for having clout and the draw to earn more. I am against the LHN showing high school games or highlights due to the unfair recruiting advantages, but I don't hate UT for their tv deal any more than I dislike Notre Dame for their deal. That is just jealousy talking.....everyone of us would take the cash if it was available.

The expectation is based on what the best conferences in the country already have in place. But if you are content to be SWCjr and let Texas run wild until they blow it up and move on, so be it. I just hope Mizzou isn't still around to have to pick up the pieces.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-03-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7964550)
No, he really isn't.

Go back to hoping KU's basketball program can get you a spot in a major conference.

clarify this for me then:
I'm sorry KSU has no leverage but be glad that MU is looking out for the "special" kids in the conference."

DJ's left nut 10-03-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7964553)
I'm in the minority, but frankly I don't understand the expectation of equality. Some schools DO earn more than others in rights, and that is great for them. I would have liked to see a more balanced share, for sure, but I'm not going to hate on UT for having clout and the draw to earn more. I am against the LHN showing high school games or highlights due to the unfair recruiting advantages, but I don't hate UT for their tv deal any more than I dislike Notre Dame for their deal. That is just jealousy talking.....everyone of us would take the cash if it was available.

I know - right?

How the hell else would a tiny agricultural school in the middle of nowhere Kansas that has possibly the worst football program in the history of the sport sans a few glory years under a rapidly aging retiree actually be allowed to play in a major conference?

Keep everything you can get, UT - EkoKat's got your back.

KChiefs1 10-03-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7964544)
I wonder if they are pressing for merit based bowl slotting.

That would be welcome.

I believe they are...along with reform of the LHN & getting the Big 12 back up to 12 teams with divisions.

DJ's left nut 10-03-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7964559)
clarify this for me then:
I'm sorry KSU has no leverage but be glad that MU is looking out for the "special" kids in the conference."

I believe you can stop reading a post literally when he refers to an institution of higher learning as "the special kids"...

But hey, that's just me.

mnchiefsguy 10-03-2011 02:46 PM

Listening to Neinas from earlier on whb....this guy really seems out of it, not sure if he is really that slow, or if he is just trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes.

DJ's left nut 10-03-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7964569)
Listening to Neinas from earlier on whb....this guy really seems out of it, not sure if he is really that slow, or if he is just trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes.

I loved the dude's resume.

Then I heard him give an interview that I'm 90% certain was literally done from a golf-course.

It appears that he's agonizingly overmatched right now. 90% of the posters on this thread seem more qualified to speak to the machinations of the XII than Chuck Neinas does right now.

mnchiefsguy 10-03-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7964573)

Then I heard him give an interview that I'm 90% certain was literally done from a golf-course.

It appears that he's agonizingly overmatched right now. 90% of the posters on this thread seem more qualified to speak to the machinations of the XII than Chuck Neinas does right now.

I agree...not sure how that effects what will happen with Mizzou.

eazyb81 10-03-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7964573)

I think he is the perfect man for the job in UT's eyes.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-03-2011 02:52 PM

I saw earlier that he mentioned the bball tourney being played at Kemper. I can understand misspeaking about something like that, as when he was Big 8 commish, that was the location. When he starts reading his junk mail and getting all codgity, I'll recommend him to replace Andy Rooney.

mnchiefsguy 10-03-2011 02:52 PM

Neinas did say that Mizzou would be part of the BIG XII when finally pressed by KK.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-03-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7964582)
Neinas did say that Mizzou would be part of the BIG XII when finally pressed by KK.

he's been touting that line. All public indications from Mizzou certainly contradict though.

Stewie 10-03-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7964569)

I listened to that and then switched to 610 where he was interviewed immediately afterwards.

Basically, he sounds like the CEO of a publicly listed company. He isn't going to say anything of substance to Joe Blow. He picks his words very carefully and sticks to the point he wants to make. Being careful may sound like he's slow but Neinas is a smart guy if you listen to him.

mnchiefsguy 10-03-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7964585)
he's been touting that line. All public indications from Mizzou certainly contradict though.

I certainly hope so.