ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

Stanley Nickels 03-05-2013 06:48 PM

Haith's ad-libbing about just wanting his guys to keep playing competitive was about as much as I could expect from him. Wouldn't even address anything about Anderson, nor should he. Eat the obvious bullshit, and like it.

DJ's left nut 03-05-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9468469)
No one cares that he left. We're glad. We're pissed that he made **** all for effort going after Otto Porter, Beal and McLemore, which cost us a legitimate chance at a NC, combined with lying his ass off about his true intentions.

You don't have to miss someone to hate them as a lying, treacherous bastard.

Don't forget tucking tail on the Mitchell thing. It may not have mattered, but the guy didn't even try.

He was punching the clock for his last 12 months in Missouri and I think fans are justifiably upset about it.

petegz28 03-05-2013 06:49 PM

figures they hit a 3 at the buzzer

Stanley Nickels 03-05-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9468478)
Holy hell this is familiar....

Can't shoot --- **** it, I'm going deep.

That's the thing about an Anderson team, if his guys can't shoot jumpers, they are just so susceptible to getting run off the floor. They can't get into the press if they can't hit and they don't run an organized enough offense to score if they don't catch their opponent in transition.

It's such a snowball effect for this system.

If they're making, they can get set, force turnovers, keep running and just blow teams apart. But if they're missing, they just do not have a plan B.

It's such bittersweet deja vu.

NewChief 03-05-2013 06:52 PM

I'm not the most up on the fine Mizzou basketball tradition, but as far as I know, you guys had jack and shit prior to Anderson getting there and should be somewhat grateful to him for turning a horrible program around.

I know he wore out his welcome because his style of play didn't do well in that conference and for other reasons, but I really don't get the hate.

DeezNutz 03-05-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9468497)
I'm not the most up on the fine Mizzou basketball tradition, but as far as I know, you guys had jack and shit prior to Anderson getting there and should be somewhat grateful to him for turning a horrible program around.

I know he wore out his welcome because his style of play didn't do well in that conference and for other reasons, but I really don't get the hate.

Hamas and I explained it to you.

Saul Good 03-05-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9468476)
bowers not having a good night:(

He's on pace for about 20 and 14.

DJ's left nut 03-05-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9468497)

You're right.

You're not the most up on Mizzou basketball.

DeezNutz 03-05-2013 06:55 PM

Bury these one who sucks the peniss by 40.

Stanley Nickels 03-05-2013 06:55 PM

Jabari got bailed out there. How much of a "shoot first, think later" mentality must you have, to bring the ball up from your HIP during your shooting motion? Mike Dixon's the only guy I've ever seen get away with that slop.

NewChief 03-05-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9468504)
You're right.

You're not the most up on Mizzou basketball.

I seem to remember some outstanding years under Quinn Snyder.

phisherman 03-05-2013 06:56 PM

We had a few good ones with Norm Stewart before that...

Stanley Nickels 03-05-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9468469)
No one cares that he left. We're glad. We're pissed that he made **** all for effort going after Otto Porter, Beal and McLemore, which cost us a legitimate chance at a NC, combined with lying his ass off about his true intentions.

You don't have to miss someone to hate them as a lying, treacherous bastard.

Stanley Nickels 03-05-2013 06:58 PM

This is so, SO cathartic. I know that's silly, but damn it feels good.

DJ's left nut 03-05-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9468512)
I seem to remember some outstanding years under Quinn Snyder.

While few of us recall the Snyder era fondly, there actually were a few extremely good years under Snyder.

You guys decide to let Nolan Richardson back on campus yet?