ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

saphojunkie 02-11-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9394662)
I hate when fans say that. For the last three years I've had friends say to me things like, "Har har you think you know more than *****? There's a reason he runs a football team and you don't."

Well if I had run the team we'd have Russell Wilson and BJ Raji instead of Tyson Jackson and Donald Stevenson so don't give me that crap.

Ask the '08 Dolphins if they'd rather have Jake Long or Matt Ryan at this point.

If I ran the Chiefs, I am fairly certain that we would have either Andrew Luck or RG3, because I would have tanked the shit out of the 2011 season.

RealSNR 02-11-2013 06:26 PM

Waiting for Ben and Jerry's to release their new Chocolate Thunder ice cream flavor.

The secret ingredient is rape.

saphojunkie 02-11-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9394673)
Well sure in hindsight but here is my take on why taking Geno is the choice, even if you don't think he is can't miss. Taking a shot with a rookie QB at #1 is way ****ing better than taking any of the QBs who will be on the market this spring. If they take Geno and in 3 years he is failed out of the league, I can live with that because they took the best chance they could at moving this franchise forward. If they take a dickwad re-tread like Alex Smith and don't win, that is a much greater mistake and would piss me off way more.

We have done the latter for 20 ****ing years with no results! How can this reeruned fan base not be ecstatic to take a QB #1?

I think this is a great point. You can't just use hindsight as a way to justify taking a QB. There is one good reason to take Geno Smith:

Drafting the best QB in the class with your highest pick is your best hope for saving the franchise. It isn't your only hope. But it is your best hope. Once you identify that truth, there is little to debate.

It was nice to hear Matt Williamson saying that there's no such thing as overdrafting your QB. If he's worth #32, then he's worth #1. Period.

Kiimo 02-11-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9394673)
Well sure in hindsight but here is my take on why taking Geno is the choice, even if you don't think he is can't miss. Taking a shot with a rookie QB at #1 is way ****ing better than taking any of the QBs who will be on the market this spring. If they take Geno and in 3 years he is failed out of the league, I can live with that because they took the best chance they could at moving this franchise forward. If they take a dickwad re-tread like Alex Smith and don't win, that is a much greater mistake and would piss me off way more.

We have done the latter for 20 ****ing years with no results! How can this reeruned fan base not be ecstatic to take a QB #1?

I keep trying to tell fans from other teams why the Chiefs have to take a QB. They're saying things like "you have to trust Reid, he might start Cassel next year"

It's this type of thing where I'm saying you just can't trust an outsider. Not even Reid. You can't start over and expect Chiefs fans to renew their season tickets with that bullshit. You can't march Cassel out there, you can't pick up ANOTHER SF castoff who wasn't good enough for their team and expect Chiefs fans to get behind you.

Even if Geno fails, this fanbase is starving for a chance. It's been 30 ****ing years. Don't give me that Alex Smith garbage and tell me it's prime rib I'm through believing the bullshit. Just shoveling shit into our mouths and saying enjoy it! Bono/Grbac/Cassel/Vlasic/The Three Stooges is really developing and is a leader! **** you.

No more! Draft a ****ing quarterback it's as simple as that. It isn't even a franchise-killer anymore if he sucks. Take a shot. Don't draft a stupid lineman where we have to wait four years to see if it is worth it or some other huge gamble on defensive line.

Seriously, **** that.

BossChief 02-11-2013 06:31 PM

Matt Williamson reads the planet.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 06:32 PM

Anyone that gives Cassel a starting job is a buffoon. Simple as that.

HolyHat 02-11-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9394698)
Waiting for Ben and Jerry's to release their new Chocolate Thunder ice cream flavor.

The secret ingredient is rape.

Smells of cocoa butter and low self-esteem

HolyHat 02-11-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9394710)
I keep trying to tell fans from other teams why the Chiefs have to take a QB. They're saying things like "you have to trust Reid, he might start Cassel next year"

It's this type of thing where I'm saying you just can't trust an outsider. Not even Reid. You can't start over and expect Chiefs fans to renew their season tickets with that bullshit. You can't march Cassel out there, you can't pick up ANOTHER SF castoff who wasn't good enough for their team and expect Chiefs fans to get behind you.

Even if Geno fails, this fanbase is starving for a chance. It's been 30 ****ing years. Don't give me that Alex Smith garbage and tell me it's prime rib I'm through believing the bullshit. Just shoveling shit into our mouths and saying enjoy it! Bono/Grbac/Cassel/Vlasic/The Three Stooges is really developing and is a leader! **** you.

No more! Draft a ****ing quarterback it's as simple as that. It isn't even a franchise-killer anymore if he sucks. Take a shot. Don't draft a stupid lineman where we have to wait four years to see if it is worth it or some other huge gamble on defensive line.

Seriously, **** that.

FINALLY! A n00b with a ****ing brain! Have some rep. welcome to the planet

Hootie 02-11-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9394747)
FINALLY! A n00b with a ****ing brain! Have some rep. welcome to the planet

so as a n00b you're glad a n00b finally has a ****ing brain? I think you just n00bed yourself.

HolyHat 02-11-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9394755)
so as a n00b you're glad a n00b finally has a ****ing brain? I think you just n00bed yourself.

WTF are you talking about you raging idiot? Calling out a n00b for being a n00b, while being a n00b yourself makes you a ****ing assclown cock jockey.

Hootie 02-11-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9394769)
WTF are you talking about you raging idiot? Calling out a n00b for being a n00b, while being a n00b yourself makes you a ****ing assclown cock jockey.

...and this is why you are a n00b.

RealSNR 02-11-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9394769)

If you weren't a n00b, you would know that's not a n00b, n00b.

Hootie 02-11-2013 06:51 PM

that's what we call a healthy dose of n00b rape. The kind that really has a stink to it.

HolyHat 02-11-2013 06:52 PM

Precious, I don't give a ****. Back to Geno

Hootie 02-11-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9394785)
Precious, I don't give a ****. Back to Geno

I accept your apology, n00b.