ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Sassy Squatch 10-03-2011 03:48 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...810f0fde15.jpg

OnTheWarpath15 10-03-2011 03:48 PM

I'm not claiming Mizzou football fans travel well. I have no idea.

Then again, I can understand why they wouldn't. Who the **** wants to go to Lawrence, Ames and Manhattan?

Regardless of if they travel or not, Neinas' argument is desperate at best.

Stewie 10-03-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7964733)

Then again, I can understand why they wouldn't. Who the **** wants to go to Lawrence, Ames and Manhattan?

Who the hell wants to go to Columbia? That's not an argument. I'm sure all the fans of the SEC are praying and praying that MU joins their hillbilly league so they can travel for some of that Missouri kulture.

|Zach| 10-03-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7964748)
Who the hell wants to go to Columbia? That's not an argument. I'm sure all the fans of the SEC are praying and praying that MU joins their hillbilly league so they can travel for some of that Missouri kulture.

Going to Columbia is a much better experience then going to see Mass St. hippies and announcers going ape shit over a last second win over NIU.

Stewie 10-03-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7964756)
Going to Columbia is a much better experience then going to see Mass St. hippies and announcers going ape shit over a last second win over NIU.

Ignorance is your strong point, by a mile.

|Zach| 10-03-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7964759)
Ignorance is your strong point, by a mile.

Fine, there are not hippies on Mass St and your announcer didn't go apeshit over a last second win against NIU.

*throwing up hands* LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 10-03-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7964748)

Wow, you're really keeping track of this, aren't you?

No one said anything about going to Columbia. Well, beside you.

Neinas made an ignorant comment saying that "John Q. Fan, he can get in the car and drive to Big 12 games. Besides, Missouri is Midwestern, not Southern."

To which I posted:

Quote:

What Neinas should have said is that John Q. Mizzou Fan can get in the car and drive to Ames, Manhattan and Lawrence. Which interestingly enough, are the three worst road trips in the conference.

Otherwise, fan travel is pretty similar.

Fayetteville is closer than Lincoln was.

Oxford, Nashville and Lexington are similar distances from Columbia as Norman and Stillwater.

The entire SEC, sans Florida and SC are closer than all of the B12 schools in Texas.

I think Neinas is underestimating the Mizzou fanbase. If I were a Tigers fan, I'd drive 600 miles to see Mizzou play in Tuscaloosa or Knoxville before driving 300 to see them play in Ames.

It's a poor attempt at persuading Mizzou fans that the B12 is a better option.

Stewie 10-03-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7964763)
Fine, there are not hippies on Mass St and your announcer didn't go apeshit over a last second win against NIU.

*throwing up hands* LMAO

Mainly, as a KU grad, I don't give a shit about you're biased opinion. Have you actually been on the KU campus and seen any of the really interesting academia? Ya know, the stuff that people study and care about?

|Zach| 10-03-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7964774)
Mainly, as a KU grad, I don't give a shit about you're biased opinion. Have you actually been on the KU campus and seen any of the really interesting academia? Ya know, the stuff that people study and care about?

I absolutely have. It is a fun place to be. I like Liberty hall and Free State brewing company. I have been tapped to do photography on campus.

Having said all that, lets not pretend it is a great destination for Saturday football which is funny because it seems you agree. You went from defending the football destination cred in Lawrence to propping up its academia. That is fine and all...the campus isn't that impressive but the area absolutely is.

HemiEd 10-03-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7964765)

Neinas made an ignorant comment saying that "John Q. Fan, he can get in the car and drive to Big 12 games. Besides, Missouri is Midwestern, not Southern."

To which I posted:

You insulted going to Lawrence, so Stewie responded by comparing Columbia, anyway that is what I read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7964733)

ChiTown 10-03-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7964781)
Having said all that, lets not pretend it is a great destination for Saturday football.

It is when you are the opposing team. :D

DJ's left nut 10-03-2011 04:11 PM

I thought OTWP was a non-combatant in this one.

I didn't think he had any particular allegiance to MU or KU.

DeezNutz 10-03-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7964784)
It is when you are the opposing team. :D

LMAO. Unity.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to thank K-State for graciously allowing Missouri to be a part of the telecast this Saturday.

Stewie 10-03-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7964765)

To which I posted:

You posted that some Big XII schools were Purgatory... like the SEC has these gleaming bastions of milk and honey. Whatever. I posted that Columbia is no destination, in fact, their own fans don't go to games at the USC flunkie arena.

My prediction is that MU stays because the smart people know it's the right thing to do.

ChiTown 10-03-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7964791)
LMAO. Unity.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to thank K-State for graciously allowing Missouri to be a part of the telecast this Saturday.

Quit dragging us down. Here, bring this with you this weekend....

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...wl/anchors.jpg