ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Fire Me Boy! 01-08-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10355010)
Oh yeah, used it with Faendal early. Just got annoyed with how quickly and easily he died in combat, even with upgraded gear.

Oh, I never took him anywhere with me. I'd get my training, get my money back, and make him leave.

kcxiv 01-08-2014 06:49 PM

So ****ing awesome the dude at the top of the mountain isnt a dude at all. I was like whoa!! lol. Then again i should have expected that. haha like his story on how they banised Uldin or whatever his name is into the future and he's just waiting for him to pop up, so they can fight! lol

I love love love Killing Dragons. So ****ing fun. Was my reason for ever playing Everquest. Dragons being killed=WIN

ThaVirus 07-17-2014 08:57 PM

Xbox had this up for $9.something so I decided to scoop it. The amount of customization and side quests is unreal. I think the point that I thought "this game is the shit" was when I was randomly roaming the countryside. I heard a dragon so I look up just in time to see it land over a nearby hill. I run toward it to see what's poppin' and it's having a showdown with a giant and his two mastodon. Pretty awesome.

Anyway, I kind of played "wrong" so far, I feel. I didn't know shit about the game so I started off with two-handed weapons and heavy armor. I was a tank but that's not the play style I'm usually a fan of..

Now, I've been trying to level up my magic, one-handed, and light armor. I think I'll start over as strictly a mage and another as strictly a stealthy assassin, although I've done absolutely zero sneaking in this game so far.

Hammock Parties 07-17-2014 09:12 PM

It's truly amazing, the sense of immersion you get in the game for the first 50 hours or so.

I love Bethesda. I've gotten that feeling in all of their open world RPGs.

RustShack 08-20-2014 09:28 AM

So I'm debating starting over since I've done everything, but I was just looking at mods... I've never done it before and I have a PS3. Anyone know how to do it? If I should? And what ones I should do?

Dave Lane 08-20-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10752159)
It's truly amazing, the sense of immersion you get in the game for the first 50 hours or so.

I love Bethesda. I've gotten that feeling in all of their open world RPGs.

They rule and with the PC mods you can explore forever. I'm running through Vilja Mod now and its fantastic has added a bunch to starting over.

Dave Lane 08-20-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10752139)
Xbox had this up for $9.something so I decided to scoop it. The amount of customization and side quests is unreal. I think the point that I thought "this game is the shit" was when I was randomly roaming the countryside. I heard a dragon so I look up just in time to see it land over a nearby hill. I run toward it to see what's poppin' and it's having a showdown with a giant and his two mastodon. Pretty awesome.

Anyway, I kind of played "wrong" so far, I feel. I didn't know shit about the game so I started off with two-handed weapons and heavy armor. I was a tank but that's not the play style I'm usually a fan of..

Now, I've been trying to level up my magic, one-handed, and light armor. I think I'll start over as strictly a mage and another as strictly a stealthy assassin, although I've done absolutely zero sneaking in this game so far.

When you are walking around in caves and such crouch and your sneak will zoom up over time. I love sneaking around caves with nothing but a dagger and killing everything.

ThaVirus 08-20-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10834985)
When you are walking around in caves and such crouch and your sneak will zoom up over time. I love sneaking around caves with nothing but a dagger and killing everything.

I eventually got my sneak raised when I started doing the Thieves Guild missions.

I can't sneak around caves and forts and shit though. I run in guns (well, dual ebony swords) blazing and handle business like a boss.

Fire Me Boy! 08-20-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10835473)
I eventually got my sneak raised when I started doing the Thieves Guild missions.

I can't sneak around caves and forts and shit though. I run in guns (well, dual ebony swords) blazing and handle business like a boss.

Start pickpocketing. Beware though, it's a super easy way to level up extremely fast, especially once you get a perk or two in it and can start lifting peoples' money.

ThaVirus 08-20-2014 12:50 PM

I've spent more hours playing this game than I'd ever be comfortable admitting and I still haven't finished the actual storyline.

Good news is, I've completed damn near every side quest available. I'm the thane of every hold in Skyrim except Dawnstar and completed the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Stormcloak story lines.

I've basically abandoned any form of magic that isn't restorative as well as two handed weapons and heavy armor. I like the light armors with dual swords with the occasional bow thrown in.

Did anyone choose to side with the Imperials? How was that story line?

Fire Me Boy! 08-20-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10835486)
I've spent more hours playing this game than I'd ever be comfortable admitting and I still haven't finished the actual storyline.

Good news is, I've completed damn near every side quest available. I'm the thane of every hold in Skyrim except Dawnstar and completed the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Stormcloak story lines.

I've basically abandoned any form of magic that isn't restorative as well as two handed weapons and heavy armor. I like the light armors with dual swords with the occasional bow thrown in.

Did anyone choose to side with the Imperials? How was that story line?

It was fine. I can't side with the Stormcloaks unless I'm playing a Nord. Bunch a racists, the Stormcloaks are.

ThaVirus 08-20-2014 01:05 PM

Can you guess which race I chose? LMAO

Dave Lane 08-20-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10835473)

What level are you playing on? On master level being a Orc tank is the quick way to reload every 5 minutes.

ThaVirus 08-20-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10836901)
What level are you playing on? On master level being a Orc tank is the quick way to reload every 5 minutes.

I'm not even sure. I don't remember making a choice so I'm guessing whatever the default is..

I can say the game has gotten damn easy. It was kind of tough at first but lately it's been so simple. I'm guessing it's because I did a lot of traveling at the start of the game, so a lot of locations I discovered early on have been level-locked and now that my guys is 20 levels more powerful I just breeze through them? The only thing in the game that can give me a go now is an Ancient Dragon.

Dave Lane 08-20-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10836948)
I'm not even sure. I don't remember making a choice so I'm guessing whatever the default is..

I can say the game has gotten damn easy. It was kind of tough at first but lately it's been so simple. I'm guessing it's because I did a lot of traveling at the start of the game, so a lot of locations I discovered early on have been level-locked and now that my guys is 20 levels more powerful I just breeze through them? The only thing in the game that can give me a go now is an Ancient Dragon.

Go into your settings and set it to master level. Report back.