ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

Frazod 02-04-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 7407374)
I look forward to hearing your feedback on the Veridian. They seem pretty slick.

I plan on going to the range tomorrow. Should be fun. :bang:

58-4ever 02-05-2011 06:35 PM

I'm looking for a gun that is fun to shoot at the range and offers good home protection.

I was thinking about purchasing this one:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/706397877309.html

The only down side I see is the extra safety on the grip. It just seems unnecessary. Thoughts?

Dunit35 02-05-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 7408991)
I'm looking for a gun that is fun to shoot at the range and offers good home protection.

I was thinking about purchasing this one:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/706397877309.html

The only down side I see is the extra safety on the grip. It just seems unnecessary. Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with it.

My buddy uses one when he's on duty.

Frazod 02-05-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7407389)
I plan on going to the range tomorrow. Should be fun. :bang:

Fun day at the range. The Veridian is awesome - pretty straight forward - point and shoot. Hole goes where the green dot is.

But I must say, I LOVE my new Ruger. Love it. Ran a couple of hundred rounds through it this afternoon. Very accurate, fun to shoot, light recoil. Magazines easy to load (actually easier to load manually than with the loader thing that came with it). The $10 rubber slip-on grip I added took care of all the grip issues - feels great in my hand. Trigger does have a bit of play, but once I got used to it it was no big deal. Easy to stage shots. Breaks down quickly and easily.

For $300 (price at Buds and what I paid locally), you can't go wrong with this bad boy, IMO. :thumb:

BigRedChief 02-05-2011 06:56 PM

I never owned a gun and never felt unsafe. But, thats just me, maybe...

Frazod 02-05-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7409038)

There's a first time for everything.

And a last time for everything.

notorious 02-05-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7409038)

Good for you. I feel safe without my guns, too.

I want to be fully prepared and a dead accurate shot if it ever comes to survival, though. Plus shooting is a lot of fun.

LiveSteam 02-05-2011 06:59 PM

I didnt get to go to the range. Fricken place had an all day waiting list. HATE THAT.
Instead I looked at pics all day & watched Kan kick our asses for the last time.
my favorite pic of the day. Out of the 1000s I looked at. Hope you guys like it.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8357048_n.jpg

All the Iowa class, ladies lined up.

LiveSteam 02-05-2011 07:08 PM

CCI is running a lil promotion. By any 2 boxes of CCi and get a free spin target.
My lil girl will love shooting this with her Henry 22
http://www.cci-ammunition.com/downlo...lineCoupon.pdf

Dunit35 02-05-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7409034)
Fun day at the range. The Veridian is awesome - pretty straight forward - point and shoot. Hole goes where the green dot is.

But I must say, I LOVE my new Ruger. Love it. Ran a couple of hundred rounds through it this afternoon. Very accurate, fun to shoot, light recoil. Magazines easy to load (actually easier to load manually than with the loader thing that came with it). The $10 rubber slip-on grip I added took care of all the grip issues - feels great in my hand. Trigger does have a bit of play, but once I got used to it it was no big deal. Easy to stage shots. Breaks down quickly and easily.

For $300 (price at Buds and what I paid locally), you can't go wrong with this bad boy, IMO. :thumb:

Good deal. Told you it'd feel good.

BigRedChief 02-05-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7409040)
There's a first time for everything.

And a last time for everything.

yeah, I know. Not an anti-gun person or anything like that,J just never felt the need to buy one. I traveled all the world and went to some really bad parts of the world without a gun. So living in suburbia I never felt the need for a gun.

notorious 02-05-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7409095)
yeah, I know. Not an anti-gun person or anything like that,J just never felt the need to buy one. I traveled all the world and went to some really bad parts of the world without a gun. So living in suburbia I never felt the need for a gun.

I have always believed that when a person carries a gun they are inviting all of the attention to themselves in the event of something bad occuring.

I worked as a security guard in a bank for a couple years while going to flight school. We could carry if we wanted to, but I declined.

By carrying I would be killed in the event of a robbery. They can have the money, lives are more important.

Inside my house and car are completely different, though........

Frazod 02-05-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

I was raised around guns all my life, so having one is as natural to me as breathing. I understand most people aren't like that. I've also lived in places where nobody was safe. Again, if you haven't, good for you.

The thing to remember is, everything is wonderful where you live, until that one moment that it isn't. At that point, nothing that came before will matter. It's just you and whatever happens next.

The guy who would break into your house, steal your possessions and inflict horrendous bodily harm on you and your family that you may or may not recover from earnestly hopes you never change your mind. Personally, I'd prefer to meet that person on my terms, not his.

HonestChieffan 02-05-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

I never "needed" a basketball but I love shootin hoops.

jbwm89 02-05-2011 07:51 PM

looking at getting a handgun for my graduation gift. Buddy of mine that works at a gunshop recommended a Glock 19 or a Ruger p95, what does everyone think?