ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs cap room for 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268550)

Sorter 03-07-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9475121)
Yup Ravens have a long list of FA Linebacker bust.

Bart Scott was productive for like, a year and a half. LMAO

I'd rather have Bostic.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-07-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9475123)
I'd rather draft an ILB to play next to DJ.

I want Jon Bostic.

Sassy Squatch 03-07-2013 08:11 PM

Still would like Barnett from the Bills. Some pretty knowledgeable Bills fans from work had a fit when he was cut. Said he shows up at the right time.

penbrook 03-07-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9475123)
I'd rather draft an ILB to play next to DJ.

You know who I want next to DJ... Rey Mauluga.

Sorter 03-07-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9475131)
Still would like Barnett from the Bills. Some pretty knowledgeable Bills fans from work had a fit when he was cut. Said he shows up at the right time.

He'd be a great depth signing IMO.

Sorter 03-07-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9475133)
You know who I want next to DJ... Rey Mauluga.

wut

penbrook 03-07-2013 08:16 PM

Rey Maualuga (CIN) - MLB*- Maualuga has generally retained his name more on reputation than on his play for the Bengals over the past four seasons. Though he has gradually improved, he still isn't the athlete you want in coverage or the block- shedding thumper you want to protect against the run. It's likely the Bengals will reach out to his agent and open communications, if they already haven't, but with Vontaze Burfict impressing as a rookie, they may move him to the middle and roll the dice in trying to find a replacement at outside linebacker. Rey Maualuga could be a nice inside backer in the right fit and at the right weight, something he's struggled to maintain over the past few seasons.

Sorter 03-07-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9475145)
Rey Maualuga (CIN) - MLB*- Maualuga has generally retained his name more on reputation than on his play for the Bengals over the past four seasons. Though he has gradually improved, he still isn't the athlete you want in coverage or the block- shedding thumper you want to protect against the run. It's likely the Bengals will reach out to his agent and open communications, if they already haven't, but with Vontaze Burfict impressing as a rookie, they may move him to the middle and roll the dice in trying to find a replacement at outside linebacker. Rey Maualuga could be a nice inside backer in the right fit and at the right weight, something he's struggled to maintain over the past few seasons.

And that's where Boxxy was like "Hey, why the **** would anyone want an ILB who can't cover when the league is changing rules to encourage passing?"

And I was all like "Well, I have no idea. That's just ****ing stupid."

penbrook 03-07-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9475153)
And that's where Boxxy was like "Hey, why the **** would anyone want an ILB who can't cover when the league is changing rules to encourage passing?"

And I was all like "Well, I have no idea. That's just ****ing stupid."

Thsn who is a ILB out there who can cover.

BossChief 03-07-2013 08:19 PM

I have to admit. I'm a Ray Mauluga fan, too.

He is a liability, though.

Mother****erJones 03-07-2013 08:23 PM

Our ILB has to cover. Cant have a liability like Belcher or Siler because they wont play much with Ds having to play alot of nickel

Sorter 03-07-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9475156)
Thsn who is a ILB out there who can cover.

Bostic.
Minter's not terrible.

**** Nick "I'm old as balls" Barnett is better in coverage than Rey. Rey is literally god awful, if not Belcher-esque in coverage.

CaliforniaChief 03-07-2013 08:27 PM

Yeah, I think Bostic would be a great pick at 3.1. He would make our LB corps the biggest group of bad-asses in the NFL. And in a 3-4 defense, that's important.

ChiefRocka 03-07-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9475167)
Our ILB has to cover. Cant have a liability like Belcher or Siler because they wont play much with Ds having to play alot of nickel

But that Siler can form tackle like a mother****er!!

Sorter 03-07-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9475174)
Yeah, I think Bostic would be a great pick at 3.1. He would make our LB corps the biggest group of bad-asses in the NFL. And in a 3-4 defense, that's important.

Ogletree works as well for me.