ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Flopnuts Fatties Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262790)

cabletech94 08-27-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 8857997)
fat is muscle?

mine is, yousonofabitch!!!!!!!o:-)

(i'm a goddamned brick house that can't lose this fuggin spare tire)

Ceej 08-27-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8858010)
With some Snyders of Hanover Pretzel nibblers.

I remember eating plain peanut butter when I was a young jizzles.

One time I almost choked and died on it.

True story.

Thinking about making it into a Lifetime movie.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-28-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8857490)
If anyone wants to track their weight publicly, feel free. I've set it up in the thread header. 1 awesome thing I've got going now is I got a new Bodybugg. I used that little bad boy when I lost my weight the first time and it was awesome for tracking calorie burn, and forcing me to read labels, and measure my food (most of the time) when I was using it.

It's totally outdated, there are better, cheaper products on the market, but I got the one that links with smart phones and a 6 month subscription to the website for $100. That's ****in smokin! I should get that in a week or so. Really looking forward to it.

I'm going to get off my ass and exercise in the morning. I will be truthful about it. If I don't, I would appreciate tons of ridicule. :)

Just got back. Sweating, panting, and loving it.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../987/fyeah.jpg

Saulbadguy 08-28-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8858017)
Yes.

****. THAT.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-28-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8858568)
****. THAT.

I pictured your avatar saying that when I read it.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-28-2012 12:16 PM

So, I found myself wanting to eat bullshit today. I ate a cup of popcorn at work, but that's all I've had outside of 2% milk in my coffee. I busted my ass this morning, and was just sitting here jonesing for a burger from the diner down the street where my BIL works. He was out of smokes and I decided to take him some.

Got my car to the top of the lot, and said **** this, turned around and parked. Huffed the steps to drop my keys off and grab my mp3 player and walked up there. Branson is hilly as a mother****er, and I think it's all uphill! In any case, I got up there and gave him his smokes, took a deep breath of that wonderful smelling hamburger meat cooking, and walked out.

I walked another 30 minutes and took the long way home. I'm ****ing beat! I'm pretty much carrying Buck on my back everywhere I go. Can't believe I let this happen...Oh well, here we go! Now, what to have for lunch? I'll ponder that until sometime around dinner.

loochy 08-28-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8859441)
So, I found myself wanting to eat bullshit today. I ate a cup of popcorn at work, but that's all I've had outside of 2% milk in my coffee. I busted my ass this morning, and was just sitting here jonesing for a burger from the diner down the street where my BIL works. He was out of smokes and I decided to take him some.

Got my car to the top of the lot, and said **** this, turned around and parked. Huffed the steps to drop my keys off and grab my mp3 player and walked up there. Branson is hilly as a mother****er, and I think it's all uphill! In any case, I got up there and gave him his smokes, took a deep breath of that wonderful smelling hamburger meat cooking, and walked out.

I walked another 30 minutes and took the long way home. I'm ****ing beat! I'm pretty much carrying Buck on my back everywhere I go. Can't believe I let this happen...Oh well, here we go! Now, what to have for lunch? I'll ponder that until sometime around dinner.

Go eat a couple of cucumbers and drink a liter of water. You'll be stuffed.

Frosty 08-28-2012 12:54 PM

I think I would like to get in on this. Some public accountability might help get me over the hump of perpetually restarting.

I've been maintaining a 30 lb loss for 14 years now but my body seems to love to stay at the current 200 lbs, which is still a little too heavy. My clothes seem to fit best and I feel best around 170 - 175.

Two years ago, I got down to 169 lbs doing zero carb. It worked great for a while but I ended up nuking my thyroid in the process (super cold all of the time, zero energy and started regaining weight even though the diet didn't change). I went back to a mixed diet and ended up gorging on all of the stuff I hadn't gotten to eat in a while. I ended up regaining right back to 200 lbs. :rolleyes:

I have found that I can maintain like a mfer on a mixed diet but can't lose for shit. I am thinking of going back to very low carb to lose but mix in some refeeds and diet breaks to keep the thyroid happy this time.

The problem is getting started. I keep planning it, starting it, then stopping after a couple of days for "one last splurge" which derails me for a couple of weeks before I restart again.

I have a (probably stupid) question about the Facebook group - would posts there show up on my wall?

Mr. Flopnuts 08-28-2012 01:02 PM

Whoa. You had thyroid issues from going zero carb?

Mr. Flopnuts 08-28-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8859553)
I think I would like to get in on this. Some public accountability might help get me over the hump of perpetually restarting.

I've been maintaining a 30 lb loss for 14 years now but my body seems to love to stay at the current 200 lbs, which is still a little too heavy. My clothes seem to fit best and I feel best around 170 - 175.

Two years ago, I got down to 169 lbs doing zero carb. It worked great for a while but I ended up nuking my thyroid in the process (super cold all of the time, zero energy and started regaining weight even though the diet didn't change). I went back to a mixed diet and ended up gorging on all of the stuff I hadn't gotten to eat in a while. I ended up regaining right back to 200 lbs. :rolleyes:

I have found that I can maintain like a mfer on a mixed diet but can't lose for shit. I am thinking of going back to very low carb to lose but mix in some refeeds and diet breaks to keep the thyroid happy this time.

The problem is getting started. I keep planning it, starting it, then stopping after a couple of days for "one last splurge" which derails me for a couple of weeks before I restart again.

I have a (probably stupid) question about the Facebook group - would posts there show up on my wall?

It's a closed group, so I don't think your friends would see it, however, if they do, I don't have a problem changing it to a secret group, the problem I had was people being able to click the link and sign up.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-28-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8859454)
Go eat a couple of cucumbers and drink a liter of water. You'll be stuffed.

Good idea.

LTL 08-28-2012 01:08 PM

Started day one of c25k this morning. Damn I didn't realize how out of shape I had gotten.
The real change will have to happen in the kitchen as my eating habits have been crap. Oh and water, must drink more water.

Frosty 08-28-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8859577)
Whoa. You had thyroid issues from going zero carb?

http://anthonycolpo.com/?p=1743

http://anthonycolpo.com/?p=2028

It doesn't happen to everyone and it seems to be avoided by consuming about 50 g carbs per day.

When you go very low carb (VLC), your body tries to maintain blood sugar levels through the glycogen stored in your liver. Eventually your body switches over to ketones for fuel, reducing the need for glucose. However, not everything in your body can run on ketones, so some glucose is still necessary (about 50 g /day). If you aren't eating carbs that glucose has to come primarily from converting protein to glucose (gluconeogenesis).

Gluconeogenesis isn't very efficient, though, and it takes about 2g of protein for 1g of glucose. If you aren't getting enough protein or exercising too hard (like long distance running or biking) you can end up in a state of permanently depleted liver glycogen, which is a sign of starvation to the body. The body reacts to this by slowing the metabolism (through the thyroid).

Refeeds and diet breaks work because they replenish the liver glycogen, signalling the thyroid that everything is fine and you aren't starving. Also, I think some people are just better at gluconeogenesis and can keep their glycogen topped off.

BTW, if you do LC below 50g/day, you need to increase your protein intake quite a bit to avoid losing muscle while trying to maintain blood sugar levels.

keg in kc 08-28-2012 01:29 PM

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a relapse flop. Stay with it. You've done it before. You can do it again. Just try to focus on changing your life from now on, and not just hitting a certain point where you'll be satisfied with what you've done. Permanent change, versus a temporary goal. I say that not to lecture, but because that's always the struggle for me. I stop and I start, I take one step forward and two back. Year after year after year...

So what I'm saying is that the january 1st goal is great. But also put some focus on changing you forever. Never settle.

Bit on me without getting too far into it: I'm just about to drop below 200 pounds for the first time since the mid 90s. My diet (meaning my eating habits) still isn't quite what it needs to be, but I've shed 30 pounds since last July 4th, 20 pounds since early February this year, and about 10 pounds since July 4th this year. My weight yesterday morning was 200.4 pounds, and I think by October 1 I should be settled somewhere between 195 and 200. What I really have to work on now is toning my midsection (I'm 6'0 but have a 41" waist - this is where my diet's a problem...) but all-in-all I'm pretty happy with how things are going. I'm in better shape than I've probably been in 20 years. I hurt my knee at the beach in late June, but I've been able to start running again recently. Hope to be able to handle a steady (slow) 2 miles in the next week. And I've been biking my ass off. I'm about to hit 1,500 miles for the year, my pace is generally around or above 15 mph (compared to 13-14 last year). And a couple of days ago I managed 40 miles in just under 2 hours and 45 minutes (I did take a break of about 10 minutes right around 30 miles, so it was closer to 3 hours total time), which was a personal best.

I have a feeling we'll see you here in january telling a similar story. I know you can do it.

Frosty 08-28-2012 01:52 PM

It's keg! I thought maybe you left forever or something.