ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ****St Louis Cardinals @ Kansas City Royals (GM 2) 5/28**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273419)

BigRedChief 05-28-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9715329)
You're team is trying to win.. the Royals don't give a shit about winning.

I dont know, thats not what I'm seeing. Those two plays up the middle are not made by teams that have quit.

DeezNutz 05-28-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9715457)
I warned you fellas when his first order of business was intentionally acquiring and surrendering actual major league talent for Mike Jacobs.

You can consider Frenchy the epitome of DM decisions, but you'll be hard pressed to beat Jacobs on that front. A hollow-offense slugger that couldn't even manage to play a passable first base but once broke one of those 'sparkly' HR numbers was the key acquisition he made when given a huge salary increase.

He outed himself as over-matched right then and there.

Absolutely. Many, many analysts crushed that decision. On some level, I understood it as a desperate attempt to acquire power by moving a commodity that's easily replaceable. Nevertheless, it was wrong.

DM formally stripped and showed his anus to KC in the summer of '09, however. After the trade for Betancourt, who was literally the worst everyday player in MLB, Moore had to do damage control across many radio platforms. In the process, he admitted that he didn't really understand defensive metrics.

As a diehard baseball fan, I'll always remember where I was when I heard that interview. It's my personal sports equivalent to 9/11. Shock, sadness, anger...

Blankey 05-28-2013 07:59 PM

wooo pointless double plays

DeezNutz 05-28-2013 07:59 PM

7 straight tonight?

Shogun 05-28-2013 08:00 PM

This slide, is SO much worse than the 12 game losing streak last year already. IMO

GloryDayz 05-28-2013 08:01 PM

OK, they need to slow down this guy. Mess with your gloves asshole!

Pepe Silvia 05-28-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9715428)
Good question. Especially with the "Our Time" campaign. Many of us on here wanted him gone. But my guess is come October, he'll still be the man

IDK how you guys take this shit. I love my Cards win or lose but I'm not sure how I would deal with them giving me the middle finger and giving zero effort to put a winner out, I would still be a fan but I would need lots of drugs. You guys should be commended for sticking by them though.

petegz28 05-28-2013 08:02 PM

So now you put in Lough?

stonedstooge 05-28-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9715482)
IDK how you guys take this shit. I love my Cards win or lose but I'm not sure how I would deal with them giving me the middle finger and giving zero effort to put a winner out, I would still be a fan but I would need lots of drugs. You guys should be commended for sticking by them though.

Many of us have the Trifecta of Horror. Chiefs, Royals Tigers.

GloryDayz 05-28-2013 08:04 PM

OK, so what's Ned going to say tonight?

DJ's left nut 05-28-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9715468)
Absolutely. Many, many analysts crushed that decision. On some level, I understood it as a desperate attempt to acquire power by moving a commodity that's easily replaceable. Nevertheless, it was wrong.

DM formally stripped and showed his anus to KC in the summer of '09, however. After the trade for Betancourt, who was literally the worst everyday player in MLB, Moore had to do damage control across many radio platforms. In the process, he admitted that he didn't really understand defensive metrics.

As a diehard baseball fan, I'll always remember where I was when I heard that interview. It's my personal sports equivalent to 9/11. Shock, sadness, anger...

In his defense, I thought Betancourt presented an interesting offensive addition for a team that could get some guys on base around him.

You absolutely want patient hitters in your lineup, but a good lineup also has a few aggressive ones here and there. For instance, the Cardinals have Craig, who swings at everything, but by God, he's just outstanding at making contact and getting runners over/in. If you have a team full of those guys, your collective OBP blows and you lose. If you don't have any of them, you have guys trying to work counts instead of driving in runs. It's a balancing act.

Betancourt was a low-cost acquisition of a guy that would be a nice 7th/8th place hitter who could clean up the 5/6 hitters and re-set for the top of the order.

And your system had nothing at SS, so plugging him in at SS and hoping he'd stop getting fatter had some upside to it.

But yeah, if he was out there singing the praises of Betancourt as a defender...well that's just silly. "Disinterested" is giving him too much credit; he's the flat out laziest ****ing fielder I've ever seen.

Pepe Silvia 05-28-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9715489)
Many of us have the Trifecta of Horror. Chiefs, Royals Tigers.

My Missouri Tigers kill me enough, i'm grateful to get a breather.

BigRedChief 05-28-2013 08:06 PM

Local kid from Lees Summit West on the mound. I have a man crush on him. Ask the Cardinals fans...

DJ's left nut 05-28-2013 08:06 PM

Seriously - please get Johnson off the field.

****ing guy almost beat out a routine grounder because Descalso took a crow-hop. He's a really nice little player that's just busting his ass out there.

Wait...we have Descalso at SS and Kozma at 2b. I just realized that. This comes a day after we played our 2b in RF and our 1b in LF.

I think Matheny's just trying to see if he can do this with one hand behind his back.

DJ's left nut 05-28-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9715496)
Local kid from Lees Summit West on the mound. I have a man crush on him. Ask the Cardinals fans...

Yes. Yes he does.

I love the guy too, I just want him in Memphis polishing up his slider and his change so he can become the best #3 starter in the major leagues...