ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Marcus Peters is gone. The Chiefs have some explaining to do. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314080)

Red Dawg 02-26-2018 06:31 AM

Pass judgment when Veech is done with the off season. We have some cash and need a corner. Let the man work.

cooper barrett 02-26-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13437970)
Oh really, what part?

He thinks Florida is the deep south when it comes to racism...

Al Bundy 02-26-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13438578)

Certain parts of Florida are.

FringeNC 02-26-2018 08:39 AM

Andy Reid made a huge bet by retaining Bob Sutton and jettisoning Marcus Peters. In my opinion, keeping Sutton is far more problematic than getting rid of Peters, but if you are keeping Sutton, Peters had to go.

Throw in the fact the Dorsey was essentially fired, and it certainly suggestive the Reid thinks there have been issues with talent on D.

Sassy Squatch 02-26-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 13438586)
Andy Reid made a huge bet by retaining Bob Sutton and jettisoning Marcus Peters. In my opinion, keeping Sutton is far more problematic than getting rid of Peters, but if you are keeping Sutton, Peters had to go.

Throw in the fact the Dorsey was essentially fired, and it certainly suggestive the Reid thinks there have been issues with talent on D.

I believe if things don't go right in the next 2-3 years, and Reid gets fired, that's going to be a defining move, just like keeping Juan Castillo a year too long in Philadelphia.

bowener 02-26-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13438486)
Compensation is the issue with me.

If we get significantly below value I'll be pissed...

What is your value based on? On field productivity or on and off-field productivity? If it is the former you are going to be pissed. If it is the latter the trade will make sense. Chiefs will probably receive a 2nd round value for him... so a 3+4 this year or maybe a 1st next year.

BossChief 02-26-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13437814)
Interesting who is defined as a "jackass".

Marcus Peters does some immature at times but harmless shit and he's a "jackass".

Tyreek Hill is convicted of beating the shit out his pregnant girlfriend and he's not apparently a "jackass" (or at least he's not as much of a "jackass" relative to Marcus Peters in the eyes of True Fans).

Interesting.

Peters attacked a coach on the sideline...who knows what happened behind closed doors. He got booted from his college team for the same thing.
He just left a game over his emotions
He always gets personal fouls
He yelled and screamed at the DC on the sideline during a game

Immature and harmless? Lol

I’m a big fan of his play, but those aren’t things to take lightly.

cooper barrett 02-26-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 13438582)

Certain parts of Ohio are too...

chiefzilla1501 02-26-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 13438586)

I totally agree. Heres one thing people have to consider... Peters was bitching about the scheme. Anyone think he was wrong? The coaches including Reid literally made almost zero adjustment while even Tony ****ing Romo said our scheme was so easy to dissect. You wonder about how players feel when they know their general is marching them into slaughter. How does the offense feel when they see we're repeating the same bad second half strategy in the playoffs. If Jeremiah trotter is any hint, some players recognize it but don't speak up about it.

That many chiefs seemed legitimately torn about Alex Smith vs mahomes also makes me question if our players are yes men. Don't rock the boat. Just follow orders. Even when the orders are stupid.

BigRedChief 02-26-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13438578)

I live in a 80% black neighborhood. I'm treated better by store owners and the police because I'm white. You can be talking to someone at a party and all of a sudden out of no where comes a racist comment that you never would have suspected felt that way.

In the mid-90's my town had a full blown race riots that was national news for weeks. The epicenter was less than a mile from where I live.

It's getting a lot better but its still there under the surface. Even in a progresive town like mine.

Mecca 02-26-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13438597)
I totally agree. Heres one thing people have to consider... Peters was bitching about the scheme. Anyone think he was wrong? The coaches including Reid literally made almost zero adjustment while even Tony ****ing Romo said our scheme was so easy to dissect. You wonder about how players feel when they know their general is marching them into slaughter. How does the offense feel when they see we're repeating the same bad second half strategy in the playoffs. If Jeremiah trotter is any hint, some players recognize it but don't speak up about it.

That many chiefs seemed legitimately torn about Alex Smith vs mahomes also makes me question if our players are yes men. Don't rock the boat. Just follow orders. Even when the orders are stupid.

Maybe if you aren't a yes man they'll get rid of you...

SuperBowl4 02-26-2018 10:49 AM

I'm glad the CHIEFS are getting rid of Marcus Peters. The two guys that choked in that GIANTS game last season are gone!

MIAdragon 02-26-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 13438582)

North of Orlando pretty much is.

FloridaMan88 02-26-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13438595)
Peters attacked a coach on the sideline...who knows what happened behind closed doors. He got booted from his college team for the same thing.
He just left a game over his emotions
He always gets personal fouls
He yelled and screamed at the DC on the sideline during a game

Immature and harmless? Lol

I’m a big fan of his play, but those aren’t things to take lightly.

He a left a game thinking he had been ejected. Kelce has more personal fouls called against him than Peters.

And yelling and screaming at coaches on the sideline? Should Tom Brady be traded as well?

https://brobible.files.wordpress.com...ality=90&w=640

I am still waiting for you to list CONFIRMED actions that Marcus Peters has done that are as close to as bad as what Tyreek Hill did by beating his pregnant girlfriend.

BigRedChief 02-26-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 13438814)
North of Orlando pretty much is.

yeah, people come down here to visit Disney and the beaches and think this isn’t the old South anymore. Which is true. Yet, go to any rural area in Florida and talk to the locals.