ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Berry missed today's practice, back to Day-To-Day. Also Dorian O'Daniel Note (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320226)

The Franchise 01-10-2019 02:47 PM

June 1st cut him in the offseason and be done with this shit.

htismaqe 01-10-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14023067)
Then NFI his ass and make him choose between arbitration or surgery.

He was recovering from an achilles tendon tear, he finished last year on IR. I don't think NFI was ever possible.

JakeF 01-10-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14023056)
There wasn't going to be an injury settlement during this season. They wanted him to play.

Next season? :shrug:

I say cut him with post June 1st designation and move on.

Berry is going to prevent that by waiting to have his surgery. They will have to negotiate an injury settlement then. Berry will force them to pay out the ass.

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14023066)
People keep saying this but had had the surgery he would have missed the season. So what difference does it make?

Hindsight is awesome but the fact is he appeared to be 100% healthy heading into camp. You really blow the guy up for a season ending surgery over a sore heal? How often if ever has that been predicted?

Do you not think had they KNOWN how this was going to play out they would went another direction?

Its a mess, it sucks but given the options Im not sure they did handle it wrong.

You mean the same sore heel that caused him to overcompensate and blow out his Achilles in the other foot a year prior?

Marcellus 01-10-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14023065)
He doesn’t say Berry won’t play. He says his status is the same as the rest of the year. Day to day.

This situation is going to be the difference maker, imo.

The offense is going to need to score 50 if Berry is out.

Berry hasn't played all season and we give up an average of 3 pts less than the other teams road scoring average at home.

The colts scored around 24pts per game on the road this season. If that holds true that puts the Colts at 21pts.

Thats far cry from needing to score 50.

htismaqe 01-10-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14023075)
How about 4-5 years ago when the problem started?

That would have obviously been best.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14023035)
Chiefs couldn't have possibly handled this any worse if he really doesn't play Saturday.

Yes but not really. I'm pretty sure it was only the fans who were pushing the whole, "he'll be ready by October-week six-Hanukkah-week 10-Ramadan-the playoffs"(!)-bullshit.

BossChief 01-10-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 14023074)
Berry is out.

Don't be in denial now. It is obvious.

Because it’s so incredibly important I’m going to hold out hope till hope is completely gone

htismaqe 01-10-2019 02:49 PM

They should have never re-signed him. I wish that weren't true but it is. They should have let him walk, cancer or not.

Marcellus 01-10-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14023081)
You mean the same sore heel that caused him to overcompensate and blow out his Achilles in the other foot a year prior?

What part of his heal wasn't sore going into TC do you not understand?

So he starts getting a sore heal in TC, you think they should have immediately scheduled him for season ending surgery? Seriously?

OKchiefs 01-10-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14023066)
People keep saying this but had had the surgery he would have missed the season. So what difference does it make?

Hindsight is awesome but the fact is he appeared to be 100% healthy heading into camp. You really blow the guy up for a season ending surgery over a sore heal? How often if ever has that been predicted?

Do you not think had they KNOWN how this was going to play out they would went another direction?

Its a mess, it sucks but given the options Im not sure they did handle it wrong.

He wasn't 💯 healthy. Even if you're in denial and unwilling to admit it, the bone spurs almost certainly date back to 2017 or earlier. How else do you explain heel pain in the same foot during 2017 preseason?

And getting the surgery in augior September is a huge difference. He'd possibly be healthy by the spring and his contract wouldn't be guaranteed for injury. Now he will likely miss all of OTAs and minicamp and we'll go into another preseason questioning his availability and day to day status.

JakeF 01-10-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14023075)
How about 4-5 years ago when the problem started?

The Chiefs should have stopped this shit when cancer started instead of paying him all that money when they didn't have to.

OKchiefs 01-10-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14023090)
What part of his heal wasn't sore going into TC do you not understand?

So he starts getting a sore heal in TC, you think they should have immediately scheduled him for season ending surgery? Seriously?

The exact same heel was sore in 2017 training camp. If you're too dense to see the signioor relevance of that then I can't help you. His heel issues were known well before 2018 and he or the team didn't do their due diligence to make sure he was physically ready and capable.

Marcellus 01-10-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14023089)
They should have never re-signed him. I wish that weren't true but it is. They should have let him walk, cancer or not.

Spilt milk.

Like I said earlier I think where they ****ed up was franchising him instead of getting him cheaper sooner and being another year along in the contract at this point which would make cutting bait even cheaper.

People forget he played on the franchise tag and had an All Pro season.

BossChief 01-10-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14023083)
Berry hasn't played all season and we give up an average of 3 pts less than the other teams road scoring average at home.

The colts scored around 24pts per game on the road this season. If that holds true that puts the Colts at 21pts.

Thats far cry from needing to score 50.

Indy is going to score at will on our defense, imo.