ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397809)
I would have killed that ****er too.

And then planned to spend my life in jail
Posted via Mobile Device

But but but that guy had a right to a trial.

lcarus 02-12-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397797)
Lol. This is America, innocent until proven guilty. Right to a fair trial.

That didn't happen in this instance
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you kinda sorta forgetting he shot 2 cops during this cabin standoff?

Brock 02-12-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9397810)
Aside from the whole legal system thing, which is an important argument... I think you have to backtrack ever farther. As far as I can tell, they all act like they haven't even contacted him. So while it's 99% likely it's him, they didn't confirm that, or if he had hostages.

While you'd like to assume the best here, given how trigger happy everyone has been in the last week you have to ask those questions.

Yup. It's amazing the amount of slack these cops are being given in the face of absolute incompetence over the last week.

Sorter 02-12-2013 07:36 PM

http://audio4.radioreference.com/71138770.mp3

I heard something about "departed" ...

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9397808)
I'm not cool with them burning it down either, assuming they lit it.

It was well stated in an above post but, It's pretty third worldish chicken shit tactics if you ask me. This isn't Mexico.

It's pretty smart. Ended this shit as fast as possible.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397805)
When he puts his ****ing gun down he can argue his innocence.

after what the lapd has done in the past week how could he put the guns down even if he wanted to?

They shot up two Asian ladies.

Something is wrong here
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397812)

Only if they're not HIS kids.

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397790)
And this is not how people are supposed to live. Who gives a shit how this guy goes out, as long as he is dead.

Because the argument isn't even about this guy. It's about a massive principle that our society is built on. There are situations where innocent people are assumed to be guilty. Doing something that implies guilt like running doesn't always mean the person committed the crime.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying this guy is innocent. But it's not about him. It's about doing the legal thing 100% of the time so it never costs somebody who is innocent. The justice system is there so decisions are made without emotion or prejudice people. You are saying it's cool that people both prejudice and emotional make a decision on how this guy should go out.

If someone else gets hurt due to this it's horrible and I will be very upset to hear it. But there are things that need defending no matter what, and right by trial is one of them. By risking their lives, the police are essentially fighting for that right. This isn't about this guy, its about our way as a justice system. No matter what the circumstances that shouldn't change.

tk13 02-12-2013 07:37 PM

AP is reporting that no one ever tried to emerge from the cabin.

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9397815)
Yup. It's amazing the amount of slack these cops are being given in the face of absolute incompetence over the last week.

Some people are shitty at their job, I'm sure you know (if you work). But I think overall the police are trying to do the right thing in most cases.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9397813)
Are you kinda sorta forgetting he shot 2 cops during this cabin standoff?

**** no I'm not.

At you forgetting the cops shot up a, couple of innocent Asian ladies delivering newspapers while trying to kill this guy?
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9397815)

Every officer involved with those shootings should be fired and never allowed to work LE again. But sooner or later the criminal has to take some responsibility here.

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9397808)
I'm not cool with them burning it down either, assuming they lit it.

It was well stated in an above post but, It's pretty third worldish chicken shit tactics if you ask me. This isn't Mexico.

You know how they got John Wilkes Booth?

pr_capone 02-12-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

What he would do as an individual... and what is good and right in the eyes of the law are two very different things. saying that I recognize the law doesn't preclude me from deciding to break it.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

True. Emotion takes over at that point. But I'M NOT A SWORN OFFICER OF THE LAW. You know someone we count on to be better than us. Someone we count on to uphold our justice system
Posted via Mobile Device

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9397820)
Because the argument isn't even about this guy. It's about a massive principle that our society is built on. There are situations where innocent people are assumed to be guilty. Doing something that implies guilt like running doesn't always mean the person committed the crime.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying this guy is innocent. But it's not about him. It's about doing the legal thing 100% of the time so it never costs somebody who is innocent. The justice system is there so decisions are made without emotion or prejudice people. You are saying it's cool that people both prejudice and emotional make a decision on how this guy should go out.

If someone else gets hurt due to this it's horrible and I will be very upset to hear it. But there are things that need defending no matter what, and right by trial is one of them. By risking their lives, the police are essentially fighting for that right. This isn't about this guy, its about our way as a justice system. No matter what the circumstances that shouldn't change.

His trial started and ended today, by him killing more police while he was running from them. He knew what he was doing, and wanted it this way. You know people can decline fighting for their innocence, he did that over the course past week.

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397818)
after what the lapd has done in the past week how could he put the guns down even if he wanted to?

They shot up two Asian ladies.

Something is wrong here
Posted via Mobile Device

No shit Sherlock.

He could have surrendered publicly though, before killing ANOTHER cop today.

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397824)
Some people are shitty at their job, I'm sure you know (if you work). But I think overall the police are trying to do the right thing in most cases.

I agree with you here but who knows overall. What if somebody really is trying to cover something? You just can't throw away the workings of our system, no matter the circumstances. There are going to be times when you can't get a guy in alive, but you should be doing everything you can to prevent that.

lcarus 02-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397825)
**** no I'm not.

At you forgetting the cops shot up a, couple of innocent Asian ladies delivering newspapers while trying to kill this guy?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just trying to make sense of this, dude. Im not siding with the cops. But if they had him surrounded and he killed 2 cops and opened a shitload of fire on them, at that point they can sorta kill him. I've never seen them ya know...torch a house to accomplsh that though.

Brock 02-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397824)

Being shitty at your job is no excuse for shooting innocent people. That is attempted manslaughter at the least, and they will never do jail time. ****ing shitty cop apologist.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9397820)

You summed up my thoughts perfectly.

Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device

Carlota69 02-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9397791)
I'll listen to it again myself. I've seen quite a bit of footage today so I may be mistaken.

I hear something about gas, or get the gas.
I also heard **** on CBS like 4 times. The anchor apologizing. The news producer was shitting is pans when that happened, 4times. Lol

Brock 02-12-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397827)
Every officer involved with those shootings should be fired and never allowed to work LE again. But sooner or later the criminal has to take some responsibility here.

No, they SHOULD be sent to prison.

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397836)
His trial started and ended today, by him killing more police while he was running from them. He knew what he was doing, and wanted it this way. You know people can decline fighting for their innocence, he did that over the course past week.

And again, this isn't about him. It's about how our system works. The cops don't get to decide who gets a trial and who doesn't. It can be a shitty situation sometimes, but it shouldn't matter.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397837)
No shit Sherlock.

Then let them possibly kill him in custody?
Posted via Mobile Device

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397825)
**** no I'm not.

Posted via Mobile Device

They did. They will be paid. No doubt.

That doesn't take away the fact Dorner wanted to die. He said so. He went out just like he wanted. It was his last wish, and it was granted.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9397840)
I'm just trying to make sense of this, dude. Im not siding with the cops. But if they had him surrounded and he killed 2 cops and opened a shitload of fire on them, at that point they can sorta kill him. I've never seen them ya know...torch a house to accomplsh that though.

yes they can in a gun fight.

Burning the house down?
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 02-12-2013 07:44 PM

Stopped watching coverage around 3 pm and just turned it back on.

Crazy they are burning the cabin.

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397835)
True. Emotion takes over at that point. But I'M NOT A SWORN OFFICER OF THE LAW. You know someone we count on to be better than us. Someone we count on to uphold our justice system
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool well you continue to be vocal on charges needing to be brought on the officers that stopped him today. You'll be a popular guy.

mlyonsd 02-12-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397837)

Stop the sanity.

Buck 02-12-2013 07:45 PM

NBC just said a law enforcement agent heard a single gunshot from inside the cabin before it caught on fire.

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9397839)
I agree with you here but who knows overall. What if somebody really is trying to cover something? You just can't throw away the workings of our system, no matter the circumstances. There are going to be times when you can't get a guy in alive, but you should be doing everything you can to prevent that.

And I think they tried. He could have drove himself to a police station and turned himself in. When he makes statements that he will be armed and go out shooting, all that legal system stuff kinda goes by the wayside.

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397846)
Posted via Mobile Device

Jesus ****ing Christ dude?!?!

Are you ****ing reeruned?!?!

You expect him to get a trial while never seeing a cop?!?! Maybe they can just do it over Skype?!?!

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397847)

That doesn't take away the fact Dorner wanted to die. He said so. He went out just like he wanted. It was his last wish, and it was granted.

he asked to be burnt alive?

Actually he asked for someone to apologize for falsely ruining his life. Then he would quit
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397847)

And I wouldn't blame the cops under a number of circumstances for Dorner ending up dead. Obviously the guy could just run outside and start shooting. Nobody would blame the cops for shooting him then. But we are arguing under the idea that the cops have the right at this point to kill him and that's what myself and others are disagreeing with.

lcarus 02-12-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397849)
yes they can in a gun fight.

Burning the house down?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah the burning the house down is just bizarre. Seems clearly intentional to me as well. Just a crazy situation.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397846)
Posted via Mobile Device

So you didn't want him to surrender?

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397856)

You expect him to get a trial while never seeing a cop?!?! Maybe they can just do it over Skype?!?!

Dudes gone full reerun.

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9397841)
Being shitty at your job is no excuse for shooting innocent people. That is attempted manslaughter at the least, and they will never do jail time. ****ing shitty cop apologist.

It's not an excuse. It happened.

pr_capone 02-12-2013 07:48 PM

The mayor of LA has some seriously gigantic ears. He could put out that cabin fire from where he stands just by flapping them.

mlyonsd 02-12-2013 07:48 PM

I'm guessing Dorner set the fire and then shot himself to make it appear the police burned him to death.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397856)

are you?

The FBI should have, IMO, taken all of this over quite some time ago. Local sheriff, police, especially ANYONE related to the lapd should have taken a back seat.

laps obviously just wanted him dead.
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9397860)
Yeah the burning the house down is just bizarre. Seems clearly intentional to me as well. Just a crazy situation.

Do we have proof the cops burned the house down to kill him? Do they deserve a fair trial or are we just going to assume they're guilty (highly probable).

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397855)
And I think they tried. He could have drove himself to a police station and turned himself in. When he makes statements that he will be armed and go out shooting, all that legal system stuff kinda goes by the wayside.

If the guy does something that forces the cops to shoot him then I don't have an issue with it. But at some point in this thread it became almost a hypothetical of if the cops should be allowed to kill him just to stop the risk of more things. About the argument with the fire. That's what I have an issue with. It may suck, but unless they are in immediate danger with this guy killing him is not right. And when I say not right, I don't say it with any sympathy towards the guy, I say it about our system and protecting it.

Cops don't have the right to be judge and jury. In order to protect this, you can't give it to them ever, not even in an obvious situation.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9397869)
I'm guessing Dorner set the fire and then shot himself to make it appear the police burned him to death.

Sounds plausible.

kstater 02-12-2013 07:49 PM

This is 'Merica, why is he speaking in Mexican?

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397858)
he asked to be burnt alive?

Actually he asked for someone to apologize for falsely ruining his life. Then he would quit
Posted via Mobile Device

He ruined his own life. He made his own decisions. Many people have been fired, doesn't mean you go kill the families of others because you are mad.

pr_capone 02-12-2013 07:49 PM

Ahhh... now he is talking that Mexican jibber jabber, now we can tune away.

/CNN

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397862)
So you didn't want him to surrender?

Not to any of the police involved.

He would have had to get out of California, and made it a federal case, which wasn't happening.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-12-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9397877)
Ahhh... now he is talking that Mexican jibber jabber, now we can tune away.

/CNN

Yup LMAO

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397876)
He ruined his own life. He made his own decisions. Many people have been fired, doesn't mean you go kill the families of others because you are mad.

I agree.

But you don't burn the house down.

That isn't how our justice system is supposed to work
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397871)
are you?

The FBI should have, IMO, taken all of this over quite some time ago. Local sheriff, police, especially ANYONE related to the lapd should have taken a back seat.

laps obviously just wanted him dead.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't disagree with any of that, but thus guy had several days where he could have turned himself over to another jurisdiction if he wanted a trial. He didn't. Sooner or later he has to take some responsibility for his own actions.

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397872)
Do we have proof the cops burned the house down to kill him? Do they deserve a fair trial or are we just going to assume they're guilty (highly probable).

That's correct. They deserve it as well and the public may well convict them and never turn back. But they will have their day in actual court even if something comes of it.

This is about cops not getting the ability to be judge and jury, because if you give it now you come into a grey area at some point. Some day a corrupt cop could use it, or an honest cop kill a person who appeared guilty but wasn't.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397879)

He would have had to get out of California, and made it a federal case, which wasn't happening.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well then your expectations were completely wrong. This is a local and state issue not a federal one.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9397869)

How would he know they were saying to burn it down on TV?

Coincidence? Come on man.
Posted via Mobile Device

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9397873)
If the guy does something that forces the cops to shoot him then I don't have an issue with it. But at some point in this thread it became almost a hypothetical of if the cops should be allowed to kill him just to stop the risk of more things. About the argument with the fire. That's what I have an issue with. It may suck, but unless they are in immediate danger with this guy killing him is not right. And when I say not right, I don't say it with any sympathy towards the guy, I say it about our system and protecting it.

Cops don't have the right to be judge and jury. In order to protect this, you can't give it to them ever, not even in an obvious situation.

Just like someone else said, how do we know who started the fire? By saying it was the police is jumping to conclusions, thus saying the police don't get a "fair trial" about telling their side of how the fire started.

Ehh I'm not a political person. Don't really care. I believe this guy died a death he deserved. Most people deserve a fair trial. He didn't. Their are exceptions for everything, he is an exception.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397889)
Well then your expectations were completely wrong. This is a local and state issue not a federal one.

then he can't turn himself in.

Lapd wanted him dead.

Something is wrong there
Posted via Mobile Device

stevenidol 02-12-2013 07:54 PM

Sad when I have to get updates from Anonymous twitter feeds instead of actual news sites. LAPD is blocking media access. Government censorship is always wrong.

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397886)
I don't disagree with any of that, but thus guy had several days where he could have turned himself over to another jurisdiction if he wanted a trial. He didn't. Sooner or later he has to take some responsibility for his own actions.

No doubt. But in the end those actions by him can't transfer the power of the justice system over to the police. This is a situation where it's pretty unfair with the amount of things this guy has done. But to me, in the end, this is about protecting our ideals.

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397884)
I agree.

But you don't burn the house down.

That isn't how our justice system is supposed to work
Posted via Mobile Device

Where in the Constitution does it say "You should not burn down a house to capture a suspect?"

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:54 PM

I guess Jason thinks Bin Laden should have gotten a fair trial. Damn those SEALS

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397879)

Posted via Mobile Device

You do realize that the FBI has many offices in Cali don't you? He did not have to leave the state. All he had to do was go to a news station and he would have had a televised escort.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397886)

How was he getting to another jurisdiction?

Dude they shot up a truck that didn't match the description. Tie up a Honda ridgeline.

Something was off the whole time.

IMO at that point the feds should have stepped in
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil 02-12-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397789)
Again. The cops said "lets burn this ****er down" "get some gas".

Buy into the propane tank theory if you want. I'm not.

They said exactly what they were going to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Again, hundreds of rounds were shot into a wooden structure housing a propane tank. Buy into the theory that the one guy on scene who was responsible for making overall tactical decisions just happened to be near a mic at the precise moment that he decided to voice his plan if you want. I'm not.

kstater 02-12-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397903)
I guess Jason thinks Bin Laden should have gotten a fair trial. Damn those SEALS

:spock: I'm pretty sure Bin Laden isn't covered under the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. U.S. Citizen Dorner is.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Nope. He was not a us citizen.

Are you stupid?

I'm talking about the fundamental rights we all are supposed to have.

Guilty or innocent.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397894)
Just like someone else said, how do we know who started the fire? By saying it was the police is jumping to conclusions, thus saying the police don't get a "fair trial" about telling their side of how the fire started.

Ehh I'm not a political person. Don't really care. I believe this guy died a death he deserved. Most people deserve a fair trial. He didn't. Their are exceptions for everything, he is an exception.

I addressed that point. Those that have already convicted the cops are just as wrong. Circumstantial evidence shouldn't be enough. But I think the fire argument was more a hypothetical than considered concrete. The cops will get their day in court just like the other guy should. Not for his benefit, but for ours. This guy is guilty, but maybe his trial will shine the light on more guilty of other crimes. Really it's not about this guy at all.

But you are correct, those that have already convicted the cops are using a double-standard. I just don't think anyone has. I think some are very suspicious, but I don't think anyone has convicted them yet.

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397902)
Where in the Constitution does it say "You should not burn down a house to capture a suspect?"

Again, I don't think anyone had a problem with it when they did it to Booth...maybe the south had a problem with it.

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397891)

Posted via Mobile Device

How do you know he had no communication to the outside world? I'm sure he did. He loved the attention he gained.

-King- 02-12-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

LMAO Wow.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397908)
You do realize that the FBI has many offices in Cali don't you? He did not have to leave the state. All he had to do was go to a news station and he would have had a televised escort.

Dude he had obviously been stuck in big bear for days.

I can see what you are saying but I don't see the means he had to make it happen
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9397900)
No doubt. But in the end those actions by him can't transfer the power of the justice system over to the police. This is a situation where it's pretty unfair with the amount of things this guy has done. But to me, in the end, this is about protecting our ideals.

No, his actions can't transfer power, but he certainly can give up those rights.

Sorter 02-12-2013 07:58 PM

Scanner radio archives for peoples
https://archive.org/details/DornerStandoff2

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 9397911)
:spock: I'm pretty sure Bin Laden isn't covered under the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. U.S. Citizen Dorner is.

If Bin Laden wanted to turn himself in they would have taken him alive just like Dorner could have. They are both killers who got the justice they deserved.

lcarus 02-12-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397891)

Posted via Mobile Device

Would he need to know that to set a fire, shoot himself, and expect people to think the cops set the fire? Even if the cops played innocent and didnt say anything about starting a fire, people would still suspect they did, even if they claimed otherwise in their official statement.

Im just playing devils advocate here. But you shouldnt make statements like that when theres such an incredibly easy response.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397917)
How do you know he had no communication to the outside world? I'm sure he did. He loved the attention he gained.

The homeowners son said there was no TV, internet, phones.
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13 02-12-2013 07:58 PM

There are numerous people all over Twitter who heard the police saying they were going to deploy a "burner" before the fire started through scanner traffic. The Radio Reference site had about 25,000 people on that scanner feed before they all got shut down.

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397914)
Again, I don't think anyone had a problem with it when they did it to Booth...maybe the south had a problem with it.

I guess starting fires to capture suspects is a pretty good method. :thumb:

SAUTO 02-12-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9397925)
Would he need to know that to set a fire, shoot himself, and expect people to think the cops set the fire? Even if the cops played innocent and didnt say anything about starting a fire, people would still suspect they did, even if they claimed otherwise in their official statement.

Im just playing devils advocate here. But you shouldnt make statements like that when theres such an incredibly easy response.

dude, again, the cops said " lets burn it" "get the gas" then made the media leave. Then the house burns.

Could be a coincidence. If so it's the greatest coincidence I've ever heard of
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397902)

It talks about right to trial by jury. If you dispose of a suspect, no matter what he has done, when a way of getting him out alive is possible, you have to do it. If the cops kill him in defense of themselves then fine. If they kill him because he has already killed people or may again, that's taking away that right. You can say this guy risked that right when he kept fighting. It's not about this guy, its about our system.