ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

KcMizzou 03-05-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9469087)
I'll take this one tonight. Sweet to beat the day living crap out of Suitcase Mike.
I feel like a KU fan, I wish we would have beat him worse.

1: Go take a shower.

2: we could have won that game by 50 if Haith had wanted to.

ChiefsCountry 03-05-2013 09:17 PM

Zo wil have Tennessee ready. Prepare for a grind it out type of game.

gblowfish 03-05-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9469101)
1: Go take a shower.

2: we could have won that game by 50 if Haith had wanted to.

I know. I feel kinda icky.

duncan_idaho 03-05-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9469106)
Zo wil have Tennessee ready. Prepare for a grind it out type of game.

They've been good there since blowing a weird game against Georgia.

I think they're a step down from Arkansas and Kentucky in their gyms... hopefully Missouri can pull that one out.

Will be interesting to see how long Martin lasts there. Not very impressive so far.

GloryDayz 03-05-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9469112)
I know. I feel kinda icky.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LtTHTbPPyu...sh-feeling.jpg

Pitt Gorilla 03-05-2013 09:38 PM

LOL at Arky. MU should have swept these clowns.

Stanley Nickels 03-05-2013 09:48 PM

Over at PM:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe DeArmond
THE ANDERSON QUOTE THAT WON'T SIT TOO WELL

"When we got here, people were like, 'Damn, they got a program over there?'"

Hey, Mike, you know that court you coached on for five years? It has NORM STEWART'S NAME ON IT. He did all right for himself. Hell, Quin Snyder went to an Elite Eight and three straight tournaments. Missouri basketball existed before your five years and it exists after.

What a doofus.

Pitt Gorilla 03-05-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9469211)
Over at PM:

What a doofus.

Perhaps SMA should check out the Missouri kids that he was too lazy to recruit during his final year. POS.

Stanley Nickels 03-05-2013 09:53 PM

CMA opened his post-game presser with "Don't ask me anything about the officiating", a verbatim mock of what Haith said following the game in Fayetteville.

What a doofus.

Stanley Nickels 03-05-2013 09:59 PM

One can only hope that Mike Anderson's son drives the team bus back to Fayetteville tonight. I just pray that the roads are deserted should that happen.

Pepe Silvia 03-06-2013 01:31 AM

Ok I was just on espn.com and reading on the Mizzou/Arky game thread they were talking about the Anderson/Haith altercation during the game. Apparently after Pressey nailed the 3 Suitcase Mike began to laugh and told Haith that he would have let Pressey have that three all day long. Haith was irate which is why he went off. That was very dumb if Anderson indeed said that.

duncan_idaho 03-06-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9469724)
Ok I was just on espn.com and reading on the Mizzou/Arky game thread they were talking about the Anderson/Haith altercation during the game. Apparently after Pressey nailed the 3 Suitcase Mike began to laugh and told Haith that he would have let Pressey have that three all day long. Haith was irate which is why he went off. That was very dumb if Anderson indeed said that.

Anderson just oozes class.

I think we'll look back on this in 10 years and feel lucky he "went home."

NewChief 03-06-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9469960)
Anderson just oozes class.

I think we'll look back on this in 10 years and feel lucky he "went home."

It's hilarious to see the two different fanbase's attitudes toward this incident.

ROFL

Most Arkansas fans see Haith as a cheating, underperforming thug who tried to fight Anderson without much provocation.

NewChief 03-06-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9469247)
One can only hope that Mike Anderson's son drives the team bus back to Fayetteville tonight. I just pray that the roads are deserted should that happen.

Wishing for a team bus accident while making fun of a family's black sheep.

Stay classy, Mizzou! ;)

duncan_idaho 03-06-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9470021)
It's hilarious to see the two different fanbase's attitudes toward this incident.

ROFL

Most Arkansas fans see Haith as a cheating, underperforming thug who tried to fight Anderson without much provocation.

That's an interesting take. And you're right... diametrically opposed views.

Nobody knows what happened or what was said to fire up Haith. I would GUESS Anderson said something to one of Haith's players - probably Pressey - and Haith took exception.

We saw this last year against Iowa State, too. Fred Hoiberg put his hands on a Missouri player (who, in Hoiberg's defense, was lurking around the ISU huddle), and Haith went through the roof. He's protective of his guys - perhaps to a fault.

That take on Haith is flawed, but that's fine.