ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

O.city 09-19-2012 03:57 PM

I will gladly fall on the "2-14" sword this season. Hell 1-15 is fine with me. The Colts won what 1 or 2 last year and are probably better than we are right now.

Black Bob 09-19-2012 06:20 PM

A guy on the radio talked about the Manning passing academy today. He talked about this year's camp. He said Smith's footwork was better than expected. He also said Aaron Murray was the most pro ready QB at the camp. I guess he looked the best.

I still think Smith's feet will be the question as we get closer to the draft. I wouldn't take Murray because has not proven to be a good leader.

I'm just not ready to commit yet. It will be interesting to watch Mettenberger against Auburn this weekend. I think he's got the strongest arm college football has seen since Stafford... He's 6 ft. 5 inches 230 pounds. He's a junior and I think he'll come out if he has a good year. I think he'll be a better version of Ryan Mallet.

DeezNutz 09-19-2012 06:21 PM

Murray is a better prospect than most give credit for on this board.

Sorter 09-19-2012 06:23 PM

The only person who hates him as a prospect is Setsuna.

RealSNR 09-19-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8928102)
When he talks like this, it makes me want him for the Chiefs. Total team talk.

The anti-Matt Cassel.

I don't see any mention of "We" in there. "I" need to do a better job. "I" need to clean up mistakes.

Exactly what we don't have right now.

DeezNutz 09-19-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8928313)
I will gladly fall on the "2-14" sword this season. Hell 1-15 is fine with me. The Colts won what 1 or 2 last year and are probably better than we are right now.

Drop the "probably." I'd love like shit to be the Colts right now.

There would be so much optimism and forward-thinking on this board that n00bs would think it's the ****ing competent version of WPI.

Bewbies 09-19-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8928674)

I watch him every week. I'd pass, he's way too streaky, and when he's off he's absolutely horrible.

Black Bob 09-19-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8928674)

I am a huge UGA fan but, I have seen him choke in the time of need several times. If he can't improve in this area this season, I wouldn't want him. That is a really big deal to me when evaluating QBs. They gotta be able to put the team on their shoulders at the end of games.

Far too many NFL games are decided in the 4th quarter.

DeezNutz 09-19-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8928687)
I watch him every week. I'd pass, he's way too streaky, and when he's off he's absolutely horrible.

Would you mind elaborating a bit more about what you mean by "off"?

Admittedly, you've seen more of the player than me, but what I've seen as someone who seems to be mechanically sound and consistent with his approach.

Plus, he has the requisite size and arm strength.

Bewbies 09-19-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8928694)
Would you mind elaborating a bit more about what you mean by "off"?

Admittedly, you've seen more of the player than me, but what I've seen as someone who seems to be mechanically sound and consistent with his approach.

Plus, he has the requisite size and arm strength.

Did you watch the UGA/Mizzou game? Compare how he looked in the first half and the second half. Two different quarterbacks.

He does that all the time.

Thig Lyfe 09-19-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8928002)
I posted it!

If it's not Creed, it's not white enough.

Black Bob 09-19-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8928714)
Did you watch the UGA/Mizzou game? Compare how he looked in the first half and the second half. Two different quarterbacks.

He does that all the time.

I'd agree with that. In fact, i don't think he's had rhythm once this year. I'm not sure what is up with him?

Bewbies 09-19-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8928723)
I'd agree with that. In fact, i don't think he's had rhythm once this year. I'm not sure what is up with him?

He's got the tools, I wonder how much the local idiot Bobo holds him back...?

jd1020 09-19-2012 06:39 PM

**** Murray. He's one of those "next year" QBs.

Thig Lyfe 09-19-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 8927940)
This year, Smith is completing 88 percent of his passes in two games.

"Honestly, I don’t think I’m playing that great. I’ve been making some good decisions, but I’m really inaccurate at times and guys have been bailing me out," Smith said. "I think some of it’s been overblown. It’s only been Game 2 so I think I can play a lot better. We’ll see. That’ll come with time."

He's grading out perfectly... in my heart.

<3