ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do we want DeHop? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347818)

MahomesMagic 03-24-2023 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16873154)
I mean, I really don’t agree that buffalo is closing the gap on us and DHop seals the deal. But at the very least Indy is an example of why we can’t be content on offense. I don’t think people are processing how stuck our offense looked at times last year for way longer stretches than we’re used to.

Of course we deserved to win last year but it was also a year where we had a LOT of good bounces. One extra loss would’ve costed us a bye and maybe forced us to play buffalo and cincy back to back weeks. That includes games where we lucked into facing malik willis, bryce Perkins, and had Brett rypien close out a close game. That includes us winning the conference out of a forfeit technicality. So yeah, even if I don’t agree with hyping up buffalo, I also don’t think your point is wrong that our advantage is more razor thin in many cases than it looks on paper. And it doesn’t have to be that way.

I was a Toney fan before that draft and argued against the analytics draft guys that dismissed him.

So I love the idea of Toney being healthy the whole season but that's not a risk you take as a contender that you bank on it.

Get me either of OBJ or DHop and a draft pick early at WR.

O.city 03-24-2023 06:59 AM

I think you just continue throwing draft picks at the WR spot yearly pretty much. Maybe not always a first or second obviously, but it's just cheaper to keep drafting them.

PAChiefsGuy 03-24-2023 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16873184)
I think you just continue throwing draft picks at the WR spot yearly pretty much. Maybe not always a first or second obviously, but it's just cheaper to keep drafting them.

Yep. Mahomes makes everyone on offense better. I don't remember Brady having the best WRs when the Patriots were winning their SBs.

Let's not forget we can also draft TEs.

O.city 03-24-2023 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 16873185)
Yep. Mahomes makes everyone on offense better. I don't remember Brady having the best WRs when the Patriots were winning their SBs.

Let's not forget we can also draft TEs.

Eh, he always had weapons. Be it WR's, TE's, RB's. etc

Rainbarrel 03-24-2023 07:23 AM

This thread is why pyramid schemes work

BigRedChief 03-24-2023 07:25 AM

I've got a yearly pass on the "In Veach we trust" bandwagon. Whatever he decides, I'm for that. He's way smarter at this than anyone here.

But, a question.... If it is really a 4th rounder now, why is he not a Chief?

Even if Veach has his eye on some WR in the draft and will move up to get them, a 4th rounder for that level of talent seems like a good deal. What am I missing?

dlphg9 03-24-2023 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16873218)
I've got a yearly pass on the "In Veach we trust" bandwagon. Whatever he decides, I'm for that. He's way smarter at this than anyone here.

Because Veach isnt trading a 4th for an aging vet and he damn sure isn't giving $17 mil/yr to that guy either. Hell if he's anywhere close to the guy Megatron is acting like he is, then why in the hell hasn't anyone traded for him? The only way I see him getting traded is if the Cardinals agree to take a late draft pick and/or eat some of the cap hit. I just think they'll keep him in that scenario.

CupidStunt 03-24-2023 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16873218)

Even if Veach has jis eye on some WR in the draft and will move up to get them, a 4th rounder for that level of talent seems like a good deal. What am I missing?

Did you forget the NFL turned salary cap mode on?

O.city 03-24-2023 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16873234)
Because Veach isnt trading a 4th for an aging vet and he damn sure isn't giving $17 mil/yr to that guy either. Hell if he's anywhere close to the guy Megatron is acting like he is, then why in the hell hasn't anyone traded for him? The only way I see him getting traded is if the Cardinals agree to take a late draft pick and/or eat some of the cap hit. I just think they'll keep him in that scenario.

They'll take on some of the money, that's a given.

Chief Roundup 03-24-2023 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16873241)
They'll take on some of the money, that's a given.

It is? They must take on his cap and the $$ that they converted to a bonus. It is not a given that they will take on any of his base.

BigRedChief 03-24-2023 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16873234)

I realize the aging thing is real and drives down his value. If he was in his prime he may have brought 2 firsts.

Didn't he say he was willing to renegotiate the last two years of the contract? If so, add a year and spread out this years cap hit. He's got his bag. Does he want to win? We will give you that money coming to you but over 3 years to make it cap friendly.

Direckshun 03-24-2023 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 16873214)
This thread is why pyramid schemes work

lmao

O.city 03-24-2023 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 16873250)
It is? They must take on his cap and the $$ that they converted to a bonus. It is not a given that they will take on any of his base.

Correct, they will take on the bonus and such. I would imagine they will or are haggling with whoever he goes to about taking on some of the base as well.

That would depend on what they will get back in return. If they wanna take on more, they'll likely get a better pick.

Marcellus 03-24-2023 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16872868)
Interesting that he mentioned that Dhop was definitely looking to win. that would preclude ATL, NE and LVR right off the bat.

There is nothing that makes more sense for DHop or KC than for him to come to KC.

Its literally a win/win situation, why it has to be difficult I don't understand.

O.city 03-24-2023 07:56 AM

The Cards have a ton of cap space and are basically in a tank year. They should offer to eat alot of the deal and try to get the highest pick they can.