ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

alnorth 05-24-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637149)
A bitch that can't beat Texas? Good source bro.

Mr. dorky bowtie isn't some trash-talking drunk football hoodlum. The man's very highly educated, probably doesn't watch every game or even a majority of them, and has a massive university filled with pretend-army Aggy reeruns to run. The football team and athletic department is just one part of many he has to oversee. Its not unreasonable to take him at his word, though its also fair to keep in mind that school's generations-long Napoleon little-brother complex with UT.

alnorth 05-24-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637157)
Schools that matter don't move conferences. All I have is 100% of history on my side.

Why would UT send their volleyball team to Pullman?

Easy...they wouldn't. Neb, MU, A&M, WVU, etc are all in the same boat...can't win where you are??? Try somewhere new.

You really think the SEC would accept programs that could actually beat them? LMAO

How do you square that with Nebraska? Wait, never mind, I don't want to know. I'm tired.

Bambi 05-24-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8637158)
Mr. dorky bowtie isn't some trash-talking drunk football hoodlum. The man's very highly educated, probably doesn't watch every game or even a majority of them, and has a massive university filled with pretend-army Aggy reeruns to run. The football team and athletic department is just one part of many he has to oversee. Its not unreasonable to take him at his word, though its also fair to keep in mind that school's generations-long Napoleon little-brother complex with UT.

The funny thing is...I don't think (from what I've heard) that you're arguing with anyone that actually went to MU.

Bambi 05-24-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8637159)
How do you square that with Nebraska? Wait, never mind, I don't want to know. I'm tired.

Neb is #1 on the list. They could never beat UT...took their ball and left.

Who knows what the BIG thought once they lost their AAU status...

Frazod 05-25-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637143)
lol, big time schools stay where they belong. Little schools move. That's all I've learned from this show.

So funny to watch Wickedumb's endless denial of the fact that Texas and Oklahoma both tried to leave the conference. He's like a sobbing little girl refusing to believe that Santa Claus isn't real. LMAO

Saul Good 05-25-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Schools that matter don't move conferences. All I have is 100% of history on my side.

Easy...they wouldn't. Neb, MU, A&M, WVU, etc are all in the same boat...can't win where you are??? Try somewhere new.

You really think the SEC would accept programs that could actually beat them? LMAO

So Nebraska doesn't matter? Florida State doesn't matter? You're trying to get Notre Dame, but if they move, they don't matter?

Mr. Plow 05-25-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Dear Lord. You'd think this would be the one thing you'd leave out of your argument considering 2+ schools are thinking of leaving their conference to join the Big 12.

Codered 05-25-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8637359)
So Nebraska doesn't matter? Florida State doesn't matter? You're trying to get Notre Dame, but if they move, they don't matter?

It only matters if it benefits KU in his little Jayhawk mind.

Braincase 05-25-2012 07:37 AM

For what it's worth, several stories on SI.com.

TRUTH & RUMORS: Clemson discusses affiliation

Report: TCU AD: Florida State, Clemson, Miami want to join Big 12 [UPDATE]

Texas admits courting Notre Dame for Big 12

Saul Good 05-25-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8637362)
Dear Lord. You'd think this would be the one thing you'd leave out of your argument considering 2+ schools are thinking of leaving their conference to join the Big 12.

You don't think the Seminoles can actually beat the fighting Weises, do you? FSU will just be another pleat in his pan....err..notch in his 72" belt.

eazyb81 05-25-2012 07:56 AM

Would these be the new Big 12 divisions?

West:
TX
OU
OSU
Tech
TCU
Baylor

East:
FSU
Clemson
WVU
KSU
ISU
KU

Saul Good 05-25-2012 07:58 AM

On another note, Kansas is about to enter into a two year agreement to play Colorado. You may remember then as a team that left the conference during the first round of realignment.

Kansas isn't a pile of hypocrisy, though.

Mr. Plow 05-25-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8637405)
You don't think the Seminoles can actually beat the fighting Weises, do you? FSU will just be another pleat in his pan....err..notch in his 72" belt.

If KU loses a game next year, I'll be surprised.... :p

eazyb81 05-25-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8637409)
On another note, Kansas is about to enter into a two year agreement to play Colorado. You may remember then as a team that left the conference during the first round of realignment.

Can't really blame them though. I've learned from wickeddumb that ku only wants to play big time schools.

Mr. Plow 05-25-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8637409)

It's just a tad bit different and you know it is. Plus, did you - or anyone - REALLY care that CU left the Big 12?