ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

tredadda 05-25-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8638021)
Good luck

On what? Not combing through 30+ pages of posts? Thanks.......I guess.

mnchiefsguy 05-25-2012 01:26 PM

Wickedson should change his name to Hypocriteson.

sedated 05-25-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8637951)
Which is ironic considering any games played would be played in KC which is a city the KU faithful claim to own. The hatred for MU is that great. Too ironic and funny.

I think the point KU made was that any KU game in KC will sell out. If we play a mid-major, we can keep a greater percentage of the profits. If we play MU, they get half.

tredadda 05-25-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8638047)
I think the point KU made was that any KU game in KC will sell out. If we play a mid-major, we can keep a greater percentage of the profits. If we play MU, they get half.

Would not the KC market benefit more though from KU/MU than say KU/USF? If KU owns KC than why not do what it takes to benefit that city? That is like not paying child support because you don't like your ex and you will punish the child for living with her. If KU/MU can't sell out Arrowhead what makes you think KU/mid major would?

Codered 05-25-2012 01:46 PM

Probably fluff...

Miami says it will remain committed to ACC

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-s...52--ncaab.html

sedated 05-25-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8638064)
Would not the KC market benefit more though from KU/MU than say KU/USF? If KU owns KC than why not do what it takes to benefit that city? That is like not paying child support because you don't like your ex and you will punish the child for living with her. If KU/MU can't sell out Arrowhead what makes you think KU/mid major would?

I’m not sure what you mean by “benefit KC”. KU vs. MU = sellout. KU vs. mid-major = sellout. It has no effect on ticket sales and filling P&L with fans. The city isn’t losing any money, only MU.

If you mean that a KU-MU game would make MU fans happy, then who gives a shit, its not KU’s job to appease MU fans no matter what city they live in. If you think a KU-MU game would please KU fans, then you don’t know the same KU fans I do.

As for the Arrowhead argument, that’s a reeruned comparison, since Sprint Center seats 19,000 and Arrowhead seats almost 80,000.

Bambi 05-25-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8638028)
Liar. Not once did you say that either of those teams was a "traitor" to their conference. You hailed without end what fine schools they were.

I said they are better football programs than the ones that left. Yes, they are traitors to their conference.

Link me to where I said what you are saying I said otherwise shut the **** up little man.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-25-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637779)
KU has moved on and is looking to return to the BCS.

You guys should do the same.

Win a conference game first. Baby steps.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-25-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8637951)
Which is ironic considering any games played would be played in KC which is a city the KU faithful claim to own. The hatred for MU is that great. Too ironic and funny.

They couldn't even draw more than a handfull of fans the last time they played in KC, so that claim is on laughable terms at best.

alnorth 05-25-2012 03:13 PM

The natives are getting restless

Why Swofford sold us out. ESPN-Raycom story explained

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...e/9f562de8.jpg

Not sure if this whole Raycom thing is relevant to the ACC's bad deal, but the commissioner's son is an executive of Raycom, Raycom was dying, he demanded that ESPN work Raycom into the deal, that deal saved Raycom, that deal appears to suck for the football schools, and thats all the FSU/Clemson fans need to hear. They have just about convinced themselves that they were sold out to help the commish's kid.

tredadda 05-25-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8638097)
I’m not sure what you mean by “benefit KC”. KU vs. MU = sellout. KU vs. mid-major = sellout. It has no effect on ticket sales and filling P&L with fans. The city isn’t losing any money, only MU.

If you mean that a KU-MU game would make MU fans happy, then who gives a shit, its not KU’s job to appease MU fans no matter what city they live in. If you think a KU-MU game would please KU fans, then you don’t know the same KU fans I do.

As for the Arrowhead argument, that’s a reeruned comparison, since Sprint Center seats 19,000 and Arrowhead seats almost 80,000.

I think we are talking about different things. I am referring to football, not basketball. Missouri wants to keep the football game with KU more than the basketball one.

Al Bundy 05-25-2012 04:57 PM

If KU plays anyone other than K-state or MU inside the city limits of kansas city mo it wouldn't be a sell out.

mnchiefsguy 05-25-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8638148)
I said they are better football programs than the ones that left. Yes, they are traitors to their conference.

Link me to where I said what you are saying I said otherwise shut the **** up little man.

Hypocriteson has spoken. Backtracking again....

alnorth 05-25-2012 07:10 PM

In other news (since this is the only place I've ever seen college baseball mentioned), Kansas leads the aggies 4-2 in the 5th inning. Loser is done, winner plays Missouri tomorrow.

Kansas/Texas A&M would have to beat Missouri twice tomorrow in a double-header to advance to the conference championship game. Missouri only has to win once, if they win the first game, the 2nd one wont be played.

alnorth 05-25-2012 07:14 PM

LOL Aggies 3rd base coach just got tossed.

Other side of the bracket is Oklahoma and Baylor, with BU having to win twice tomorrow to advance.