ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

Buck 04-02-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8513064)
People think I have an eating disorder if I talk to them about intermittent fasting.

I have trouble doing traditional IF because sometimes I am hungry in the morning and sometimes at night. I usually don't eat lunch. It's hard to do 16/8 when you don't eat lunch. I could do 23/1.

I fast completely every friday. Don't eat from about 6 pm Thursday until around 9 or 10 am on Saturday. That really flushes out a lot of the sodium I eat during the week. I like doing it and it doesn't bother me.

Omaha 04-02-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8513122)
Yea me too! I don't eat until 4 pm some days and people always say, "Isn't that bad for your body?" If I was cocky, I would just say "look at my body and look at yours!"

ROFL

NewChief 04-02-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Yea me too! I don't eat until 4 pm some days and people always say, "Isn't that bad for your body?" If I was cocky, I would just say "look at my body and look at yours!"

I also love how when I sit down to a meal where I'm actually splurging and eat whatever the hell I want (and I can eat a lot) people are like "how do you stay so fit and eat like that?"

"Well, those are the first calories I've had in 24 hours. That's how. While you were eating Krispy Kremes, my body was eating fat, tubby".

DaKCMan AP 04-02-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

If I was DaKCMan AP, I would just say "look at my body and look at yours!"

Simply Red 04-02-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8513053)
This drives me crazy. I've been doing Paleo for a while (not all that strict, but I'm doing it) & I've had great results: (lost 15 lbs that I didn't realize I had to spare, totally clear complexion, more energy, etc) I try not to talk much about it unless someone asks, but I've found that it really upsets people that I don't eat the same shit that they eat. family & friends are constantly cracking on my "weird" diet.

The other thing that makes me want to snap is when people say, "You're so lucky to be thin & fit." Hey, reerun, I work out every day & I pay attention to what I eat. Go have another Big Mac & a Twinky.

Your biggest critics in life are the ones who can't do what it is you're doing to be successful. No matter what the things you're doing, may be.

Some of my biggest critics about my business are the ones who still work for someone else, NTTAWW working for someone else, but you catch my drift...

Simply Red 04-02-2012 08:37 PM

by the way, aside from fallout, from a pineapple marinade on a Houston's Ribeye, I had zero sugar today. No sodas even, not even diet. :)

morphius 04-02-2012 09:20 PM

I love how some people are so defensive of their diets as if there is only one way to do it.

When people start saying that not pigging out is a cop out I just have to laugh and shake my head.

munkey 04-03-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8510488)
I have a bachelor's in health and human performance, I am a certified personal trainer and I competed in Olympic lifting and still workout hard. I know the research. I tried everything as well with diet modification and nothing worked. I do feel better when I am low carbing it though. Some of us are just screwed!

Yes...the old family genes do suck...I like you am in good shape but unfortunately high BP and cholesterol runs in the family. My dad had his first heart attack at 38...Even though I'm on meds at 43 I think about it often...

BigMeatballDave 04-03-2012 03:44 PM

I used to work with 3 guys who ate all the time. Mostly junk.

All 3 were under 200 and around 5'10".

None of them were active.

Its mostly genetics.

Silock 04-03-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8511051)
I usually like what you have to say. Care to expand on your thoughts?

I really don't have the time or energy to respond to everything, but a few things stand out:

Sugar re: Insulin spikes: Sugar isn't the only thing that spikes insulin. Bread does it even more than sugar. Protein spikes insulin, especially whey protein. Insulin is just a storage hormone. It makes things happen. Spiking it is neither good nor bad. It just is what it is.

Built up shit in your intestines? I thought we were past this nonsense already.

Moderation absolutely works, and anyone who says it doesn't lacks self-control or intelligence. Maybe both.

Silock 04-03-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8512502)
It's not 100% about weight loss. It's about what is good for your body, regardless of what you weigh.

If you eat a sensible amount of calories, it's almost impossible to "overdose" on the stuff that's bad for you.

|Zach| 04-03-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8515601)

Moderation absolutely works, and anyone who says it doesn't lacks self-control or intelligence. Maybe both.

:clap:

Buck 04-03-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8515604)
If you eat a sensible amount of calories, it's almost impossible to "overdose" on the stuff that's bad for you.

Go eat nothing but 2000 calories of table sugar a day and come back here in a month and let me know how you are feeling.

Fire Me Boy! 04-03-2012 05:47 PM

I've recently given up all soda. I'd only drunk diet for years, but for a diabetic, some research suggesting that fake sweet is as bad as real sugar - supposedly it tricks the body into thinking it's real sugar. So the doc challenged me to drop the soda altogether and see what my sugars do...

L.A. Chieffan 04-03-2012 06:18 PM

Cupcakes on sale at the store! Yum yum yummy!