ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Incident at P&L District shocks DJ Jazzy Jeff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208730)

CoMoChief 06-08-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5825008)
Good post, but that was to simple for the Bill Oriely crowd..they will just blame Obama for this

Yeah, being black means that you MUST wear the hip hop attire. YOU MUST I tell ya!!!

Dottefan 06-08-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 5825030)
If I don’t like the way I’m treated at a business, I don’t give them my business/money.

The same goes for the crooks in suits (I agree; they’re crooks)
If you were robbed by them (join the club), then don’t give them your business.
Don’t use loans of any form; don’t use any form of credit w/ interest;
BUY all your stuff etc. Those dudes made all that money because of credit. Credit = the worst thing you can enter into.

I got jobbed on my 401k too from those dudes; which is why it’s my goal to keep all my money; no mortgage, no CC, no car payments. I will own all my sh*t outright so those dudes can’ take sh*t away from me.

I agree .. I went to the PW district once. I will never return, even if they throw out the dress code.

Titty Meat 06-08-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5825050)
LMAO Right. So the target market for hip hop is black males? Who are you kidding? If it wasn't for white, suburban, America, mainstream rap would've died years ago. That's just silly.

Thats not true Rap would be even better if it wasn't for white suburban America. Listen to Hip-Hop before it was popular and listen to it now. It's like disco today.

Micjones 06-08-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 5825025)
I asked before if you can explain the tax assitance they get that impacts the person who does not go to Pand L? How does it cost me tax dollars?

Kansas City taxpayers are on the hook for something like $300 million.

Quote:

I also asked for more info on this cuffed pants thing, can you give more deatil?
Happened last year.
One of my guy friends had just come from a wedding reception, was dressed to the nines, and was still denied entrance because his pants were cuffed.

Lzen 06-08-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5824942)
The bottome line is that if you are not a minority , or a kid who dresses "hip hop" you will not know how it feels to be discriminated against by the power and white district. Most of the people who dress this way are young people, who are not thugs and work all week and want to go blow off some steam at a club. All of us when we were younger dressed in some form that older people did not like. Its just ironic that the same people who are calling these kids thugs, were the kids in the ripped jeans and metal t shirts and long hair who peopel thought were trouble makers when they were young. How easily we forget. If you have a problem with how this KIDS dress get over it. Most of these kids will grow out of this fase( just like almost all of us did) and will dress a little more mature as each year goes by.

Oh, I was one of those kids with long hair and all that stuff you mentioned. Of course, I didn't go into interviews wearing ripped jeans and concert t-shirts. But I did have an interviewer tell me (on more than one occasion) that if I wanted the job, I had to cut my hair. So yeah, I do know what it is like. And no, I have not forgotten that. That's why I try to see what a person is like on the inside rather than just the outside.

Brock 06-08-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5825056)
I agree .. I went to the PW district once. I will never return, even if they throw out the dress code.

You'll be missed!

Dottefan 06-08-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

LMAO Right. So the target market for hip hop is black males? Who are you kidding? If it wasn't for white, suburban, America, mainstream rap would've died years ago. That's just silly.

They are targeting young black males. and as far as rap it would not of died, but would not of been so mainstream.

Deberg_1990 06-08-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5825046)
You miss the point.. Any intelligent person could see that they are targeting black males with this dress code

Not true at all.

Ive seen plenty of hispanic, white, and asian kids dress in this manner.

Dayze 06-08-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5825056)

:thumb:

Reaper16 06-08-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5824997)
Is a white t-shirt targeting a particular demographic?

Black youth, for sure.

Micjones 06-08-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Good thing there isn't an accompanying culture that transcends the consumer.
:rolleyes:

mikeyis4dcats. 06-08-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824939)
No business that receives benefits from public taxpayers should have the right to be discriminatory.

dress codes are not disciminatory. Enforcement may be biased, but a dress code itsself cannot be unless it regulates skin color.

Titty Meat 06-08-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5825058)

Happened last year.
One of my guy friends had just come from a wedding reception, was dressed to the nines, and was still denied entrance because his pants were cuffed.

Not to mention the whole thing was built on the premise of KC getting a professional Sports team at the Sprint Center. Nevermind it was built by an out of town group that just so happened to fund Mayor Barnes when she ran for congress.

Lzen 06-08-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5824958)
they should just open up a belt kiosk win-win!

ROFL

HonestChieffan 06-08-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5825058)

Happened last year.

Is that all TIF Money?

Was he tring to get into a certain business. Ive only walked through the P and L once and it was noon in the summer so I dont really know what the business all are. Id like to learn more on this cuffed pants issue.