ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Rumor*** Pioli gets fired if Chiefs Lose in Tampa. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265034)

Hammock Parties 10-13-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9007185)
Without Pioli, he'd be paying $7 or $8 million for nothing.

With Pioli, he's paying $140 million for nothing.

And boom goes the dynamite.

A year spend with Pioli is a year wasted.

That's a lot of $$$.

AussieChiefsFan 10-13-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9007235)
Very rarely does an NFL GM fulfill a contract. He will either fire him or give him an extension.

$7M, to Clark, is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Exactly. If he believes he has to go, I dont think he'd let the panalty get in the way.

Chiefnj2 10-13-2012 08:21 AM

Completely reeruned rumor. The GM isn't getting fired in the middle of the season.

evolve27 10-13-2012 08:29 AM

Win for Pioli or lose for Geno Smith? Easy one there.

Rausch 10-13-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 9005887)
Title says it all. Heard on the Danny Parkins show this morning on 610 that Danny has an unnamed Source that he trusts.

:rolleyes:

InChiefsHeaven 10-13-2012 08:41 AM

It's stupid to think that in the middle of the season, the GM has any control over wins and losses. He'll be here till season's end folks. nothing to see here.

AussieChiefsFan 10-13-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9007298)
It's stupid to think that in the middle of the season, the GM has any control over wins and losses. He'll be here till season's end folks. nothing to see here.

And hopefully not any longer

King_Chief_Fan 10-13-2012 09:01 AM

that sounds pretty stupid.

Things don't happen that way.

If he is to be fired, it will come season end

bevischief 10-13-2012 09:04 AM

Do it Clark!!!!!!

Simplicity 10-13-2012 09:12 AM

Clark growing some balls?

wazu 10-13-2012 09:13 AM

This rumor sounds absurd. What is not absurd, though is the notion of firing Pioli mid-season. There are valid reasons to do it right away if the plans are to do it anyway.
  1. Send a message to the fan base that change is coming swiftly.
  2. If reports of Pioli being a meddling cancer are true, then it removes the cancer.
  3. Maximize time allowed to find a new GM.
  4. If it's possible to hire new GM prior to season end, it would allow them more time to evaluate coaches and get scouting org together.
If the plan is to fire Pioli anyway I can't think of any reason to NOT do it right away.

pr_capone 10-13-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9007342)
This rumor sounds absurd. What is not absurd, though is the notion of firing Pioli mid-season. There are valid reasons to do it right away if the plans are to do it anyway.
  2. If reports of Pioli being a meddling cancer are true, then it removes the cancer.
  4. If it's possible to hire new GM prior to season end, it would allow them more time to evaluate coaches and get scouting org together.
If the plan is to fire Pioli anyway I can't think of any reason to NOT do it right away.

I cannot possibly agree more.

mcaj22 10-13-2012 09:21 AM

I dont think it makes sense to ever fire a GM mid season except for this fact with this case our GM is actually our ****ing head coach behind the curtain.

Firing this idiot GM would mean
1. Coaching staff gets to make gameday rosters (IMAGINE THAT)
2. Coaching staff wont be afraid to make proper substitutions when they see fit. (Pioli clearly forces them to play/keep certain guys on the field)
3. Coaches wont get overruled by play calling (This idiot GM definitely demands certain plays to be run and that's obvious by the first drive being scripted every game)

If he's not here, the coaching staff can actually ****ing... coach without the guy upstairs pretending hes playing Deal or No Deal calling down to Howie ****ing Mandell

god I hate Pioli

bevischief 10-13-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

A sane thought.

Simplicity 10-13-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

The fact that next week is a BYE makes it a little more believeable and extra time to find a new GM.