ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267684)
HC Andy Reid + QB Geno Smith + new GM Mike Lombardi

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...acking-off.gif

Someone should slap you.

Rasputin 01-02-2013 10:32 AM

NFLnet is pretty much ruling out any other team other than Arizona. That Andy isn't interested in any other team.

Clark Hunt just needs to make a good impression & maybe have a chance I don't know. I don't think NFLnet is that accurate with what they are saying.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9267701)
Do they? Fair enough. I dindt pay attention this year cuz we were so bad I couldnt watch football period.

Me neither but i know all the defenses in the NFC west are ****ing tough

kgrund 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Actually Marty resigned after a disappointing 7-9 record in 1998 due likely to rumors of off the field issues with Marty. Chiefs have not been same since.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

They probably aren't updated.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267704)
NFLnet is pretty much ruling out any other team other than Arizona. That Andy isn't interested in any other team.

Clark Hunt just needs to make a good impression & maybe have a chance I don't know. I don't think NFLnet is that accurate with what they are saying.

The interview is already over.

wazu 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267665)
And how did that work out?

They haven't had a good QB there since McNabb, and I think McNabb might be the most overrated QB of all time.

Have his QB's been Cassel-esque?

Nope.

But they've been far from elite, and that's what you need in today's NFL.

Having the first pick is just part of the solution, you still have to pick the right guy.

It worked out pretty well at first. The Eagles had an unstoppable offense the first year he was playing.

But Vick wore down and defenses figured out his kryptonite. Reid may have hung on a little too long once that happened, but I don't see what more appealing option he had.

Before that he turned McNabb into a regular pro-bowler, and then dumped him when production dropped off.

All of this seems like acceptable judgement by the head coach, and making the most of what he had. Over the years he also had several McNabb back-ups who excelled under Reid, and stepped in for some big time performances when McNabb was hurt. Those guys never did anything of note anywhere else.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267689)
It's not great, but it would look a TON better with better QB play - much like ours looked a TON better in Orton's three games.

I think he'd be more than happy with how our offensive line stacks up against the Cardinals. He basically wouldn't have to do anything but re-sign Albert. He's got bookend tackles and a young/talented interior line. Charles already fits the RB that he likes. He'd have his pick at QB. Really all he would need to do (if he re-signs Bowe) is find a deep threat WR and a TE.

jd1020 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267704)

Well, apparently Reid is already on a plane over to AZ, so...

Thig Lyfe 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9267660)
Except he wins multiple playoff games and gets to championship games and a super bowl. Unlike Marty

Yeah, so he's even more frustrating.

I won't turn down the opportunity to watch the Chiefs win playoff games every year. I just hope Reid can figure out how to win the one that matters, preferably in under a decade.

Rasputin 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267702)
Someone should slap you.

For the gif? Or that I like the idea of Mike Lombardi as GM?

DaWolf 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

There's too much smoke around Arizona. We're being used for leverage IMO...

chiefzilla1501 01-02-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267567)
Not really, there are some nice players in there. Schwartz and Pinkston are good picks, Taylor's not a bad one either.

I'd say that is a slightly above average draft record. That said, refusing to give up his 2nd first rounder in a package to move up for RGIII and then using that same pick on Weeden is a pretty big strike.

In the end, I could not possibly care less if it means we're getting Reid in here. He'll do.

Yeah, surprising move. I don't at all promote their quarterback decision in Cleveland. I think holmgren has the mentality that he knows how to find quarterbacks and then hes terrific at coaching up an underdog. There's risk from that standpoint. But again... From a pure quarterback coaching standpoint, his resume is hands down the best. Geno strikes me as a guy he would like.

But the browns are a better team than people here realize. They had a brutal schedule but kept within a td of most games in the early going.

So yeah... I hope he doesn't skip over geno. But if you give him geno, he is the best at the game at coaching him up. Geno, in many ways, can be a lot like Brett Favre.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9267711)
It worked out pretty well at first. The Eagles had an unstoppable offense the first year he was playing.

But Vick wore down and defenses figured out his kryptonite. Reid may have hung on a little too long once that happened, but I don't see what more appealing option he had.

Before that he turned McNabb into a regular pro-bowler, and then dumped him when production dropped off.

All of this seems like acceptable judgement by the head coach, and making the most of what he had. Over the years he also had several McNabb back-ups who excelled under Reid, and stepped in for some big time performances when McNabb was hurt. Those guys never did anything of note anywhere else.

all true.

A.J. Feely comes immediately to mind...

kcxiv 01-02-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9267718)
There's too much smoke around Arizona. We're being used for leverage IMO...

leverage for what? its Andy Reid, he's gonna get alot of money somewhere. He doesnt need leverage. Makes no sense.