ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Smashburger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243925)

blaise 04-09-2013 01:30 PM

In N Out is better than McDonalds, Wendy's and BK. I don't really compare it to Fuddruckers, or Smashburger (I don't think much of Smashburger, really) because those places aren't as much of fast food as In N Out is. Small differenece I guess.

I would say Back Yard Burger is as good as In N Out, and Culver's, if I'm in the mood for their burgers. Whataburger, too, is close, but Whataburger's fries suck.

houstonwhodat 04-09-2013 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9571401)
i did find 5 guys to be too greasy.

i think smashburger is pretty good.

i went to a fuddruckers once when i was in atlanta. i can't remember if it was good or bad.

i like a really fat, non greasy, chargrilled burger

Don't ask me why, must have been a drunken night.

But the closest thing you can get to a gourmet burger at a fast food joint is Jack in the Box's Sirloin Bacon Cheeseburger.

Fuddruckers comes out plain on a bun at the counter and then you have to go to the fixin bar and put everything you want on it and you can load it up.

If you're ever in Houston try Becks Prime.

http://becksprime.com/menu/

loochy 04-09-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9571462)

If you're ever in Houston try Becks Prime.

http://becksprime.com/menu/

well it certainly LOOKS good

houstonwhodat 04-09-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9571487)
well it certainly LOOKS good

It's the quality of the meat.

Not a cheap place hence the word "prime" and not somewhere I can go every day.

It's not a dollar menu type of place but still good.

underEJ 04-09-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9571344)
We went on vacation last week, part of which was through Arizona and Nevada. I was really wanting to try In-n-Out Burger thinking they would be a good choice because of their "animal style" burgers but found pretty much everything on their menu has gluten so skipped it. :( Burger King is still the go to place on road trips.

protein style will get you the burger wrapped in lettuce. The only thing in in n out that has gluten is the bun, and at least one the shakes(malt flavor even though they aren't malts, that may only be the vanilla though.) The fries are hand made and they don't fry anything else in the fryer. Avoid the grilled onions though, they are grilled on the bun grill.

If you are super sensitive, as I am, they have always been very sweet about assembling my burger away from the main line where there may be crumbs from the bun. I have never had a problem with a double double protein style, fries and a coke. Ask for "allergy prep."

loochy 04-09-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9571575)
protein style will get you the burger wrapped in lettuce. The only thing in in n out that has gluten is the bun, and at least one the shakes(malt flavor even though they aren't malts, that may only be the vanilla though.) The fries are hand made and they don't fry anything else in the fryer. Avoid the grilled onions though, they are grilled on the bun grill.

If you are super sensitive, as I am, they have always been very sweet about assembling my burger away from the main line where there may be crumbs from the bun. I have never had a problem with a double double protein style, fries and a coke. Ask for "allergy prep."

bleh

the bun adds a lot to a burger

BigMeatballDave 04-09-2013 02:04 PM

I'm gonna do Whataburger for dinner.

Then I'm going to schedule an angioplasty. :)

houstonwhodat 04-09-2013 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9571595)
I'm gonna do Whataburger for dinner.

Then I'm going to schedule an angioplasty. :)

Looveeeeeeeeee Whataburger.

They have a completely different taste.

I want to try Heart Attack Grill.

Frosty 04-09-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9571575)

Good to know in the future. The fact that they toast the buns on the grill was the deal killer for me. Too many chances for cross contamination.

Traveling gluten-free is a tough. We found an amazing fish and chips place in Vegas (Lazy Joe's). All of his coatings are naturally GF. I haven't had onion rings or fish 'n' chips in over 7 years, so it was like heaven. :) Costa Vida in Idaho and Utah were amazing too.

A big 4321 goes to the McD's just out of the Grand Canyon that wanted to charge me $5 for a plain burger patty.

Frosty 04-09-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9571583)
bleh

It also adds severe gut pain and diarrhea to me and my sons.

underEJ 04-09-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9571583)
bleh

Nobody really chooses to do it this way. :)

I still have dreams about bread sometimes. Don't care for the replacements at all, though I do like a nice quinoa pasta even more than I like regular wheat flour pasta, so it is no longer penne and baguettes chasing me in my nightmares, just the bread.

GloryDayz 04-09-2013 02:30 PM

I'm mixing 80% lean beef 3:1 with mild "regular" sausage. Add some Worcestershire sauce and Montreal steak seasoning to it before a blend it all, ,ake thin patties, and sandwich a dab of butter and "choice of cheese" between two patties (and seal the edges really well), and I have to fight-off the neighbors! Yummy!!!!!!!!

Frosty 04-09-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9571703)
Nobody really chooses to do it this way. :)

True that. What a monumental pain in the ass (sometimes literally). You can't eat at other people's houses, it's tough to eat out, my boys can't join the military, college meal plans have to be carefully researched, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9571703)
I still have dreams about bread sometimes. Don't care for the replacements at all, though I do like a nice quinoa pasta even more than I like regular wheat flour pasta, so it is no longer penne and baguettes chasing me in my nightmares, just the bread.

Do you get gluten dreams where you accidentally eat something with wheat in it and start to panic, only to wake up relieved that it was a dream? I still get those after 7 years. :#

houstonwhodat 04-09-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9571708)
I'm mixing 80% lean beef 3:1 with mild "regular" sausage. Add some Worcestershire sauce and Montreal steak seasoning to it before a blend it all, ,ake thin patties, and sandwich a dab of butter and "choice of cheese" between two patties (and seal the edges really well), and I have to fight-off the neighbors! Yummy!!!!!!!!

Jucy Lucy.

Pepe Silvia 04-09-2013 02:42 PM

LC's Hamburgers FTW!