ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270213)

O.city 02-21-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422934)
Tyler Wilson had it. He just lost it when he was having to force balls playing for one of the most ****ed up teams in college football.

Foles will be great. Possibly better than Geno will ever be.

Deal with it, bro.

Yep, it was him forgetting his muscle memory, nothing to do with his bad shitty decision making.

Frosty 02-21-2013 01:49 PM

Where are these accuracy issues coming from? Foles' senior year, he had a 69.1% completion percentage with 7.7 ypa (Geno was 71.2% with 8.1 ypa with much better weapons on offense, just for comparison's sake). Foles was on a horrible team with only one decent weapon on offense and nothing else. To make matters worse, his head coach got fired mid-season so he also had to deal with a coaching shake-up.

With the Eagles, he also had to deal with no o-line and a revolving door at WR, as well as McCoy being injured a big part of the second half of the season. He had no real time to get the timing down with them. Remember how bad TrINT looked his first year when we had terrible receivers that he was just getting to know?

I suspect 99% of the people bashing him never saw a single game of his in college and are pulling shit out of their ass to pump up their QB du jour.

I don't know if he will end up being a great QB or not, but it would be nice if the talk was a little more realistic.

DJ's left nut 02-21-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422934)
Tyler Wilson had it. He just lost it when he was having to force balls playing for one of the most ****ed up teams in college football.

Foles will be great. Possibly better than Geno will ever be.

Deal with it, bro.

Tyler Wilson never had it.

He was a chucker under Petrino that threw balls up for the best WR corps in college football to run under. Wilson's greatest strengths have been aggressiveness and swagger. He damn sure hasn't been known as an 'accurate' passer.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9423031)

He was a chucker under Petrino that threw balls up for the best WR corps in college football to run under. Wilson's greatest strengths have been aggressiveness and swagger. He damn sure hasn't been known as an 'accurate' passer.

Lol, Geno fanboys.

DJ's left nut 02-21-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9423039)
Lol, Geno fanboys.

I was down on Tyler Wilson before I was heavy on Geno Smith, but try again, sport.

Rausch 02-21-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9423031)

I don't believe that.

I'd take him over a guy like Bray or Barkley in a heartbeat...

htismaqe 02-21-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9422966)
Where are these accuracy issues coming from? Foles' senior year, he had a 69.1% completion percentage with 7.7 ypa (Geno was 71.2% with 8.1 ypa with much better weapons on offense, just for comparison's sake). Foles was on a horrible team with only one decent weapon on offense and nothing else. To make matters worse, his head coach got fired mid-season so he also had to deal with a coaching shake-up.

With the Eagles, he also had to deal with no o-line and a revolving door at WR, as well as McCoy being injured a big part of the second half of the season. He had no real time to get the timing down with them. Remember how bad TrINT looked his first year when we had terrible receivers that he was just getting to know?

I suspect 99% of the people bashing him never saw a single game of his in college and are pulling shit out of their ass to pump up their QB du jour.

I don't know if he will end up being a great QB or not, but it would be nice if the talk was a little more realistic.

Nobody is bashing him. He's not an elite QB prospect. He just isn't.

Frosty 02-21-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423083)
Nobody is bashing him. He's not an elite QB prospect. He just isn't.

Probably not.

However, there were a ton of posts just last page talking about how inaccurate he is, which was the point of my post. I watched him a ton in college and never saw that.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9423114)
Probably not.

However, there were a ton of posts just last page talking about how inaccurate he is, which was the point of my post. I watched him a ton in college and never saw that.

He doesn't have elite accuracy. He's very hit and miss outside of 15 yards.

Like I said, he's a solid C+/B- kind of guy. His upside is probably B/B+ at best.

We need to be shooting for an A.

Frosty 02-21-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423122)
He doesn't have elite accuracy. He's very hit and miss outside of 15 yards.

Like I said, he's a solid C+/B- kind of guy. His upside is probably B/B+ at best.

We need to be shooting for an A.

That's fine; I want someone like that too.

Just curious. Where do you rank Dalton and Ryan. B range?

Sorter 02-21-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9423135)

Ryan has worked himself into the A-/B+ range. Dalton is probably B quality.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9423135)

Yep. I think those guys are both high-end game managers and that's about it. Not a popular opinion but so far I've been pretty right on.

Frosty 02-21-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423174)
Yep. I think those guys are both high-end game managers and that's about it. Not a popular opinion but so far I've been pretty right on.

Thanks. I've been wondering what the bottom level QB people would be satisfied with (not talking about Foles anymore, just in general). Obviously, everyone wants the next Brady or Manning but there aren't too many of those.

So, is Dalton the bottom level? If Reid and Dorsey tard out and take a non-QB at #1 but get Dyset later and he ends up being another Dalton, would that be acceptable?

Personally, I've never been that impressed with Dalton, though I don't watch the Bengals very much. I would love to have someone with Ryan's skills (or better).

Frosty 02-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9423196)
Thanks. I've been wondering what the bottom level QB people would be satisfied with (not talking about Foles anymore, just in general). Obviously, everyone wants the next Brady or Manning but there aren't too many of those.

So, is Dalton the bottom level? If Reid and Dorsey tard out and take a non-QB at #1 but get Dyset later and he ends up being another Dalton, would that be acceptable?

Personally, I've never been that impressed with Dalton, though I don't watch the Bengals very much. I would love to have someone with Ryan's skills (or better).

By the way, no trick question here nor am I being argumentative. I'm honestly curious. Shit, I was so tired of Cassel, I might have been happy with Orton (for a while anyway). :eek:

htismaqe 02-21-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9423196)

I don't really want Dysert. For me it comes down to Geno, Barkley, or Wilson.