ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

warpaint* 10-30-2011 10:57 PM

That's a fine approach for a 5r pick.

BossChief 10-30-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 8061935)
That's a fine approach for a 5r pick.

He would have been an okay pick as a late third rounder.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-31-2011 06:13 AM

Oh KnowMo.......

Renegade 10-31-2011 06:26 AM

This is funny. Fox Sports thinks John Fox is purposely making look Tebow look bad

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/T...t-Lions-103011

Ugly Duck 10-31-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8061211)
Tebow's stats

18/39 passing (46%)
172 yards passing (56.8 rating)
7 sacks (55 yards lost)
3 fumbles (1 returned for TD)
1 Int (1 returned for TD)

Tebarcus?

Mile High Mania 10-31-2011 07:46 AM

Unfortunately, they played like I figured they would play. There's just too many things to comment on really in regards to what he needs to do to improve.

I'm glad this is happening though... the Tebow crazy fans (and media) that said it was essentially all Orton's fault can now relish in the fact that that wasn't the case. I don't know what they'll do in the off-season, but there doesn't appear to be (for me anyway) any chance that Tebow turns things around the remainder of this season.

We'll see what happens with the draft position, but they have a lot of issues to correct... and as I said last year - fix the defense and run defense first, if they don't - QB doesn't matter.

I think they have to let Tebow just ride it out the remainder of the season - it's lost and they need to just let it go.

And, it is amusing to see how quickly the media (over at the Denver Post) have turned on the golden child. Media/Fans - you all asked for this, enjoy.

-King- 10-31-2011 09:20 AM

Lions defender calls Tebow a 'joke' following decisive victory By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

What a difference a week makes for Tim Tebow.

Last Monday, it was full-on Tebowmania after an unlikely comeback win over the Miami Dolphins. This Monday, in the aftermath of an ugly 45-10 loss to the Detroit Lions, it was open season on the Denver Broncos quarterback.

"'15'?" one Lions defender said, according to a Yahoo! Sports report. "Come on -- that's embarrassing. I mean, it's a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn't do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, 'Come on -- that's your quarterback? Seriously?'"

Said Lions defensive end Cliff Avril: "As long as he felt our pressure, he was going to make crazy decisions."

Detroit cornerback Chris Houston, who returned a Tebow pick 100 yards for a touchdown, was similarly unimpressed.

"He's an athlete. He's no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or no Michael Vick or none of that," said Houston, according to The Denver Post. "He's got a long ways to go as far as being a quarterback."

Tebow's performance was indeed woeful -- he was 8 of 26 for 85 yards at one point in the fourth quarter -- and it's clear the Lions took pride in putting a big dent in the theory that charisma and faith will carry the day for the second-year QB.

(Seriously though, they "Tebowed" over the man. They "Tebowed" over Tebow. That's some dirty pool!)

Broncos coach John Fox said after the game it was "too early to say" if Tebow will start next week against the Oakland Raiders. That his starting job is even in question shows just how eye-opening his struggles really were.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 10-31-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8062462)
Lions defender calls Tebow a 'joke' following decisive victory By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

What a difference a week makes for Tim Tebow.

Last Monday, it was full-on Tebowmania after an unlikely comeback win over the Miami Dolphins. This Monday, in the aftermath of an ugly 45-10 loss to the Detroit Lions, it was open season on the Denver Broncos quarterback.

"'15'?" one Lions defender said, according to a Yahoo! Sports report. "Come on -- that's embarrassing. I mean, it's a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn't do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, 'Come on -- that's your quarterback? Seriously?'"

Said Lions defensive end Cliff Avril: "As long as he felt our pressure, he was going to make crazy decisions."

Detroit cornerback Chris Houston, who returned a Tebow pick 100 yards for a touchdown, was similarly unimpressed.

"He's an athlete. He's no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or no Michael Vick or none of that," said Houston, according to The Denver Post. "He's got a long ways to go as far as being a quarterback."

Tebow's performance was indeed woeful -- he was 8 of 26 for 85 yards at one point in the fourth quarter -- and it's clear the Lions took pride in putting a big dent in the theory that charisma and faith will carry the day for the second-year QB.

(Seriously though, they "Tebowed" over the man. They "Tebowed" over Tebow. That's some dirty pool!)

Broncos coach John Fox said after the game it was "too early to say" if Tebow will start next week against the Oakland Raiders. That his starting job is even in question shows just how eye-opening his struggles really were.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch.

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW TEBOW?

Mr_Tomahawk 10-31-2011 09:38 AM

Where is knowmo to tell us all how Tebow is going to best the greatest QB in the league?

Bowser 10-31-2011 09:59 AM

ESPN kept sending text updates to my buddy's phone yesterday. It was pretty amusing that ESPN was trying so hard to pimp this guy out. Is, I should say.

Saul Good 10-31-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8062494)
Where is knowmo to tell us all how Tebow is going to best the greatest QB in the league?

I'm pretty sure he took a self-inflicted shotgun blast to the tonsils yesterday.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-31-2011 11:33 AM

He was every bit as bad as Jamarcus Russel ever was. If he played a whole season, he'd take 100 sacks.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-31-2011 11:59 AM

KnowMo2724
MVP
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: Today 11:27 AM

DANCE MONKEY!

Ugly Duck 10-31-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8062462)

Broncos coach John Fox said after the game it was "too early to say" if Tebow will start next week against the Oakland Raiders.

WTF? Aw c'mon.... he can't just dangle Tebarcus out there like a tasty bait & then pull Him when the Donks come to Oaktown. It a conspiracy!

Mile High Mania 10-31-2011 12:37 PM

Here's the unfortunate truth that Denver fans have to realize...

Tebow didn't ask Denver to trade up and move all those picks to get him. That was McDaniels and I don't know what role Xanders played, but he is the only person (aside from the owner really) still tied to that move...

Elway and Fox certainly didn't make the trade, but they are stuck with him.... for now.

Orton likely won't resign, not even sure they want to try to resign him. They are stuck with Tebow. So, ride out the remaining games, let whatever happens take place and then move on.

They can begin to start rebuilding and have Tebow somewhere on the depth chart - at this point, who cares where.

There are a lot of older players that should likely be allowed to end their careers elsewhere, so let them go - trade them, whatever.

Start fresh in 2012 ... build up the picks and USE THEM ALL ... no bundling to move up, there are too many needs. Use the draft and FA to begin fixing the team.

Shanahan's final draft class was very good - McDaniels gutted it... and left them with nothing really. So, it won't be as difficult to begin the healing process for the team.

So, keep Tebow in there - let him do whatever he can do in the final 9... they'll have their "see we can't build around him" story and they can move on.