ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert/Joeckel perspective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272267)

BossChief 04-18-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9601878)
Mother of Pearl, PLEASE stop with the outdated ****ing value chart.

It's not outdated.

How many times should I post the breakdowns from LAST YEARS DRAFT TRADES that show how teams followed the draft value chart really closely.

The only two that didn't were the RG3 and Richardson trades...the rest followed the chart.

BigRock 04-18-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9601897)
Would you rather have:

Albert and ______ or Joeckel and 54?

When a guy can't work out a new deal with two completely different front offices, him staying is a rather unlikely part of the equation. Thus, the question should actually be this. Would you rather have:

Bowe on the franchise tag, Joeckel, and Albert leaving without us getting a single thing in return

or

Bowe re-signed, Joeckel, and a 2nd round pick for Albert?

chiefzilla1501 04-18-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9601897)
Would you rather have:

Albert and ______ or Joeckel and 54?

Put any of top 15 prospects in the blank and tell me this is a good trade.

Well... all of this assumes that Branden Albert is re-signable, even if we tried. Or that his asking price isn't completely unreasonable.

Let's also not rule out KC perhaps setting the price for Albert, so he can cut his demands.

Tribal Warfare 04-18-2013 11:38 PM

I'm going to be honest, I won't accept the Joeckel pick unless he's on a HOF level within 2 to 3 years and there's no way around it. Since he's an excellent technician with immaculate footwork for an OT.

chiefzilla1501 04-18-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9601938)
When a guy can't work out a new deal with two completely different front offices, him staying is a rather unlikely part of the equation. Thus, the question should actually be this. Would you rather have:

Bowe on the franchise tag, Joeckel, and Albert leaving without us getting a single thing in return

or

What's interesting about your point is that we're beating the shit out of the Chiefs for decisions other teams don't want to make either.

If Geno was a consensus #1, the Chiefs wouldn't be begging to get rid of 1.1. The trade comp for Albert isn't unreasonable. The main reason he hasn't been traded yet is money. If the Dolphins don't want to pay him, that tells you his salary demands are too high. If they do trade for him, it will be interesting to see how reasonable his salary is.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9601934)
It's not outdated.

How many times should I post the breakdowns from LAST YEARS DRAFT TRADES that show how teams followed the draft value chart really closely.

The only two that didn't were the RG3 and Richardson trades...the rest followed the chart.

It IS outdated.

JFC.

So, you and ALL of your buddies have SPAMMED this forum with "It's CHEAP to take a QB" because of the new CBA, right?

But, you're going to say that compensation should remain the same?

What the ****?

I don't give a flying **** what Washington gave up for RGIII. Any team that is going to demand the same compensation Pre-2011 CBA as Post 2011 CBA is smoking crack.

ANY salesman worth his salt would say "**** off".

New rules.

chiefzilla1501 04-18-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9601950)
I'm going to honest I won't accept the Joeckel pick unless he's on a HOF level within 2 to 3 years no way around it. Since he's an excellent technician with immaculate footwork for an OT.

If Joeckel ends up being a solid starter and we get a QB in 1-2 years better than Geno Smith, would you care about the Joeckel pick?

cdcox 04-18-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9601938)

or

I'll take the deal the Dolphins sign Albert to. You have one reriem that was incompetent and another one that seems to have locked on to one player, regardless of whether the sum of the transactions surrounding that player are likely to improve the team during the next 3 years.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9601966)
I'll take the deal the Dolphins sign Albert to. You have one reriem that was incompetent and another one that seems to have locked on to one player, regardless of whether the sum of the transactions surrounding that player are likely to improve the team during the next 3 years.

Sorry, this post is a cluster****.

What?

Tribal Warfare 04-18-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9601963)
If Joeckel ends up being a solid starter and we get a QB in 1-2 years better than Geno Smith, would you care about the Joeckel pick?

No, and how do we know KC will pick a QB since Smith and Daniel are anointed 1st and 2nd string on the depth chart.

RealSNR 04-18-2013 11:44 PM

I suppose the Chiefs could also come out on top if

1) Joeckel/Fisher are good players. They aren't total busts.
2) Alex Smith unprecedentedly plays leaps better than even his last two seasons in San Francisco
3) The 2nd rounder we get from the Dolphins turns out to be a pretty damn good player

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9601973)
No, and how do we know KC will pick a QB since Smith and Daniel are anointed 1st and 2nd string on the depth chart.

With needs at safety, ILB, TE and WR depth, I'd be surprised if they took a QB this year, unless they absolutely love a guy.

chiefzilla1501 04-18-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9601973)

I don't know. I do know that Reid and Dorsey have a history of drafting a lot of QBs, there have been rumors that they like Tyler Wilson, and that neither Smith nor Daniel have long-term deals.

But to the main point... I don't get it. Isn't the only reason people don't want Joeckel because they want Geno? If we end up with a better QB than Geno, than what did we lose?

cdcox 04-18-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9601969)
Sorry, this post is a cluster****.

What?

Let me try again.

1. I'm suspecting that the Dolphins will sign Albert to a reasonable deal. I'd take that deal for the Chiefs.
2. Big Rock argued that Albert was unsignable based on inability of the last two front offices to sign him. My response:

a. Pioli was incompetent
b. Reid/Dorsey seem to be locked in on Joeckel. And willing to create a spot to for him, even if doing so won't make the Cheifs markedly better over the next 3 years.

I don't think these two cases prove that Albert is unsignable.

Tribal Warfare 04-18-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9601986)
With needs at safety, ILB, TE and WR depth, I'd be surprised if they took a QB this year, unless they absolutely love a guy.

yep, I could see them go for a QB in the 5th( being very generous) to UDFA