ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Red zone scoring (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326619)

KC Hawks 11-10-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14588577)
Pretty much. Look at that list and think about it. Losing your best WR for 9 weeks (basically 10 since Hill went out in the first Q), then your WR2 for several weeks, 3 guys on the starting OL, etc. and so on will degrade a team's efficiency through the air and on the ground.

Hell, look around the league. How many teams lost just their starting QB and went in the tank this season? The Chiefs have had a string of injuries on offense that would probably destroy 27 or more of the teams in the league.

And let's be brutally honest about today's performance by Mahomes: while his numbers are typically Mahomes, he missed some passes today, including a couple that could've, even should've, been TDs.

And he's missed a few all season. The most glaring of which was the "let me show off here," no-look to Kelce who was wide-open in the EZ earlier this year.

Ditto Matt Moore, if we're honest. At least twice Moore probably should've thrown TDs, and we came away with FGs instead. He simply missed those throws.

Yeah, Mahomes/Moore have definitely missed a few. We were incredible in the red zone last year, so you had to expect some regression. I saw that we had went from 1st to 27th so I had to start a thread bitching about it haha.

Megatron96 11-10-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 14588598)
Yeah, Mahomes/Moore have definitely missed a few. We were incredible in the red zone last year, so you had to expect some regression. I saw that we had went from 1st to 27th so I had to start a thread bitching about it haha.

I don't think it's a regression really. We're banged up in the most critical positions as well. I think it's more just a bump in the road, and the Chiefs will shake it off and go back to their mostly scoring TDs thing after awhile.

Christ, we scored on 8 out of 11 drives. That's basically ridiculous. The league average is something like 50%.

Titty Meat 11-10-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14588135)
The chiefs have been without atleast 2 ol for damn near every game

That shit matters

Kinda. I think they were much better with Rankin over Wylie. I think Hyde would have helped in the red zone too.

Let's be honest though. You score 32 points you should win. Period.

KC Hawks 11-10-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14588606)
I don't think it's a regression really. We're banged up in the most critical positions as well. I think it's more just a bump in the road, and the Chiefs will shake it off and go back to their mostly scoring TDs thing after awhile.

Christ, we scored on 8 out of 11 drives. That's basically ridiculous. The league average is something like 50%.

Oh no doubt we're spoiled rotten with the Chiefs offense. They are the last thing to blame for today's loss. I'm just being nitpicky.

BWillie 11-10-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 14588129)
We've sucked ass in the red zone this year. Way too many goddamn field goals. Last year we were the best team in the red zone, scoring a TD 73.08% of the time. This year we're ranked 27th and are at 44.83%.

I don't know if it's the play-calling or maybe not having Hunt or just regression toward the mean. Also it seems like we always have some penalty in the red zone that ruins the drive. Thoughts?

It's definitely been about penalties. There have been countless times that we get it to like 3rd and 3 and then a big penalty whams us to 3rd and long.

kcxiv 11-10-2019 11:30 PM

The Chiefs are down 4 ****ing OL! The actual problem is andy reid being bonehaded and ****ing mental stupid ****ing mistakes.

That shit has to get cleaned up.

T-post Tom 11-10-2019 11:30 PM

Offense? How many other teams scored 32 points this week and lost?

Megatron96 11-11-2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14588684)
Offense? How many other teams scored 32 points this week and lost?

Wasn’t it last week that the Rams scored like 45 points and somehow managed to lose to the Bucs by 10? With Wade Phillips as their defensive coordinator and a whole team chock-full of pro bowlers? Or did I just dream that?

scho63 11-11-2019 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 14588129)
We've sucked ass in the red zone this year. Way too many goddamn field goals. Last year we were the best team in the red zone, scoring a TD 73.08% of the time. This year we're ranked 27th and are at 44.83%.

I don't know if it's the play-calling or maybe not having Hunt or just regression toward the mean. Also it seems like we always have some penalty in the red zone that ruins the drive. Thoughts?

Good stat pull! :thumb:

Big drop-off for sure and it's why we are only having small leads at times this year than the 2-3 TD of last year.

Chris Meck 11-11-2019 08:22 AM

INJURIES.

We're playing with 2nd and third stringers and a guy we signed off the street a couple of weeks ago on the offensive line. Plus half the season without Tyreek, Watkins misses games all over, no Mahomes for three weeks.

INJURIES.

Priest31kc 11-11-2019 08:24 AM

I figured our RZ O would regress a little, but not this much. 2 1/2 games with Moore, but even with Mahomes it hasnt been very good, which is surprising because Mahomes.

Don't really know what the issue is, especially since we were so good in the RZ last year.

I think we get better down there as the year goes on though. We're too talented not to and I bet it evens out more and we'll finish middle of the pack by the end of the year.

FloridaMan88 11-11-2019 08:43 AM

The Chiefs have a great looking drive, march down the field and when they get in or near the red zone they go penalty crazy, have a negative yardage play, etc.

DRM08 11-11-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 14589045)
I figured our RZ O would regress a little, but not this much. 2 1/2 games with Moore, but even with Mahomes it hasnt been very good, which is surprising because Mahomes.

Don't really know what the issue is, especially since we were so good in the RZ last year.

I think we get better down there as the year goes on though. We're too talented not to and I bet it evens out more and we'll finish middle of the pack by the end of the year.

Penalties have been a problem. Kelce TD got called back on a penalty and then led to a FG. Seems like they have had similar drive-killing penalties in other games. It has been a sloppy season. Lot of dumb mistakes.

Chris Meck 11-11-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 14589045)

INJURIES.

scho63 11-11-2019 09:54 AM

Didn't we have a Kelce TD taken off the board yesterday as well?