ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Best Football Hit You’ll See This Week: Pussy Kid Edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252273)

Dr. Gigglepants 11-07-2011 07:55 PM

That kid looked like gymtan laundry out there trying to tackle. No wonder he broke his collarbone.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey 11-07-2011 07:57 PM

can see the you tube video.

I understand the dad's point of view to a short point. I'm a dad, and wouldn't want my kid to get hurt, ever! Of course. I wonder, though, did he see the video and see it was a drill, not malicious in anyway before he gave this interview?

To the comment "a coach should never put on a helmet and hit any kids." I have to call bs. It's a part of coaching. I remember playing football and interacting with the coach just like this. I remember playing the tennis coach and wrestling with the wrestling coaches. I've coached football and wrestling and interacted with the kids as a teaching tool, and I believe this fits in that category.

It sucks, but it's not worthy of lawsuits and angry words back and forth between school officials and parents or between posters here. Save the anger for the coach that grabs a facemask out of anger and throws a player on the ground in disgust of a poorly executed play, or puts his hands on a kid out of anger. That where the real crime would be.

WV 11-07-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090432)
What did he do? Ran into a kid wearing full pads? BFD.

He's not wearing pads (hence more force behind his collision) and is a grown man with grown man power hitting a 13 year old kid. Men aren't allowed to don pads and hit children for a reason and that shouldn't need explained.

Valiant 11-07-2011 07:58 PM

Yeah, that happens all the time.. Adults being the runner.. Not breaking collar bones.. It was just bad luck..

The guy shouldn't of ran full speed though.. The kids might face someone his weight but not with his power..

Iconic 11-07-2011 08:03 PM

There are two perspectives here: One a distraught guardian and the other a enlightened instructor. It's hard to criticize either one for their asumptions but I do think the kid is a frail little shit and shouldn't be allowed within spitting distance of a football field. Stick to drama club you big pussy.

Braincase 11-07-2011 08:39 PM

In every football practice in America, kids are coached not to try and tackle high. If the kid had ever listened to his coaches and took him out thigh high, this would never have come to fruition. Yeah, the coach is a man, and stronger, etc., but the kid used poor technique.

Brock 11-07-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090453)
He's not wearing pads (hence more force behind his collision) and is a grown man with grown man power hitting a 13 year old kid. Men aren't allowed to don pads and hit children for a reason and that shouldn't need explained.

Our coaches often jumped in to show how to do things. This isn't anything unusual. "More force behind his collision" LOL physics fail.

Fritz88 11-07-2011 08:55 PM

Poop Raj FTW

Ming the Merciless 11-07-2011 09:09 PM

There is nothing unusual here.....to me...At least growing up..wrestling, boxing, martial arts, baseball, ...etc....all had a degree of "coach-player" interaction....

This was a freak accident...and the parents are probably just looking for a settlement.

This is why we can't have nice things.....people get hurt playing a rough game and want to blame someone or get paid...

Pretty soon there will be no school sports, its sad and pathetic....

I can understand being angry / upset that your kids collar bone is broken, but then dont sign him up for football if you are going to get all THAT irate about it..

aturnis 11-07-2011 09:09 PM

Embeded video doesn't work, but click the link and it should work on their site. Also, Warpath, there is not way in hell that kid is anywhere near the size of the coach. Kid only weights 186. Looks like he may have hit the kid just inside the collar of his pads giving the kid no protection. Wouldn't have been a problem if the coach had also been wearing shoulder pads, but as it was, his shoulder was able to exert all of his force into one small area.

crazycoffey 11-07-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8090691)
Embeded video doesn't work, but click the link and it should work on their site. Also, Warpath, there is not way in hell that kid is anywhere near the size of the coach. Kid only weights 186. Looks like he may have hit the kid just inside the collar of his pads giving the kid no protection. Wouldn't have been a problem if the coach had also been wearing shoulder pads, but as it was, his shoulder was able to exert all of his force into one small area.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But, I call again on this question; do you think it was malicious or even a lapse in judgement on the part of the coach?

WV 11-07-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090592)
Our coaches often jumped in to show how to do things. This isn't anything unusual. "More force behind his collision" LOL physics fail.

Running full bore at a 13 year old kid is not jumping in there to show them how to do things. And how is it a physics fail? His bare shoulder that would normally have pads on it to disperse the hit and lessen the impact....I think it's more of a comprehension fail on your part...LOL...jackass. Let me make it easier to understand for you. Let me smack you with a brick in the head, then I'll wrap the brick in foam and padding then hit you again, which would you prefer??

Brock 11-07-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090819)
How is it a physics fail? His bare shoulder that would normally have pads on it to disperse the hit and lessen the impact....I think it's more of a comprehension fail on your part...LOL...jackass.

You must be raising some pussies if you think that's something you need to get involved in.

WV 11-07-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090825)
You must be raising some pussies if you think that's something you need to get involved in.

I hope you've never reproduced at all.

Brock 11-07-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090833)
I hope you've never reproduced at all.

I find myself uninterested in what you hope. Hey, wrap your kids in bubble wrap if you want to, just don't tell me that this is an unusual thing to have happen. It happens on football fields every day.