ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What QB do you want us to draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272543)

Fairplay 04-26-2013 09:52 PM

dysert

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9635637)
None. If it wasn't a guy that would legitimately compete for the starting job, I don't want him.

It really doesn't feel like there are many QBs in this draft that will. I'm usually in the camp of taking a chance on a young QB. Sadly, this QB class is just plain terrible.

I hate the Alex Smith pick, but I'm not that upset that we've passed on QBs. I can't believe that's the case.

jspchief 04-26-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9635649)
I think barkley could. he has a ton of talent if not the best arm. he's essentially a younger version of alex smith, really. he could at least be a long-term answer, and has age on his side (alex smith doesn't--not old, but he's already hit his ceiling).

matt barkley could theoretically reach his ceiling (matt ryan)
alex smith has reached his ceiling (alex smith)

give me the one with the higher ceiling, matt barkley.

Barkley is Cassel.

If it wasn't a QB taken in the first or 2nd round, I don't believe he would have been given a real shot to displace ASmith.

In other words, the moment we didn't take a QB at 1.1, I stopped wanting a QB in this year's draft.

Mecca 04-26-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9635673)
Barkley is Cassel.

If it wasn't a QB taken in the first or 2nd round, I don't believe he would have been given a real shot to displace ASmith.

In other words, the moment we didn't take a QB at 1.1, I stopped wanting a QB in this year's draft.

I don't recall him playing TE in college, I think a guy with PAC 12 passing records being compared to Cassel is a bit much.

Ebolapox 04-26-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9635673)
Barkley is Cassel.

barkley is 10x the QB cassel is/was. you know, he actually started in college. he comes out last year he's a top ten pick (likely goes between RG3 and tannehill).

I do get the sentiment though, and I would bet money against us taking a developmental QB

keg in kc 04-26-2013 09:57 PM

Sean Renfree.

jspchief 04-26-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9635679)
I don't recall him playing TE in college, I think a guy with PAC 12 passing records being compared to Cassel is a bit much.

I don't give a shit what his pedigree is. They play the same.

He's not good under pressure. He doesn't progress through reads well. He's not accurate.

Yeah, maybe he'll have moderately more NFL success, but at the end of the day they have the same shortcomings.

Mecca 04-26-2013 10:00 PM

Whow now, Barkley is accurate and he's smart he just lacks an elite arm and he's not a great athlete. He's actually similar to guys like Trent Green, Matt Schaub and Matt Hasselbeck more than he is Cassel.

In the 4th round that's a damn good pick.

007 04-26-2013 10:02 PM

At this point, I'll take my chances with Barkley.

Simply Red 04-26-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9635698)
Whow now, Barkley is accurate and he's smart he just lacks an elite arm and he's not a great athlete. He's actually similar to guys like Trent Green, Matt Schaub and Matt Hasselbeck more than he is Cassel.

In the 4th round that's a damn good pick.

under any bit of pressure - Tyler Bray is your Casshole

Ebolapox 04-26-2013 10:04 PM

matt scott is very likely...

jspchief 04-26-2013 10:04 PM

You know honestly, given Barkley's pedigree, the fact that he's still not drafted speaks volumes. Multi year starter at a major program with conference records... and no one wants him.

Rausch 04-26-2013 10:05 PM

Wanted Geno or Glennon.

I've got no dog in the hunt now.

That said I hope we draft the guy most likely to make the rest of the BB have a good day at this point...

Mecca 04-26-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9635717)
You know honestly, given Barkley's pedigree, the fact that he's still not drafted speaks volumes. Multi year starter at a major program with conference records... and no one wants him.

He's system and weather limited...any guy with physical limitations only has certain teams he can play for.

He can't play in NY with the wind, he can't play in vertical offenses, he's a prototypical drop back west coast offense guy, in today's game that severely minimizes his options.

Fairplay 04-26-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9635717)

Who would have thought, the teams just don't like what they see. Must have bust written all over him.