ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Did Pioli pay this guy to write this? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260667)

Rausch 06-20-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8690675)
And no, Pioli didn't pay anyone to write that.

It's very grounded in reality.

TJ and Dorsey are very good against the run.

It's not that they aren't good. They are.

They're good.

Problem is they were drafted and are being paid to be ****ing Sap and Bruce Smith.

It amazes me that the top 10 was too high to take a G (Decastro) but we can take a 3-4 DE in the top 5...:shake:

milkman 06-20-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8690735)
It's not that they aren't good. They are.

They're good.

Problem is they were drafted and are being paid to be ****ing Sap and Bruce Smith.

It amazes me that the top 10 was too high to take a G (Decastro) but we can take a 3-4 DE in the top 5...:shake:

In case you didn't notice, most if us that would have been pissed if we drafted DeCastro were also the ones that weren't happy that we drafted a 5 tech #3 overall.

Dorsey wasn't drafted to be a 5 tech, so he doesn't apply.

Rausch 06-20-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8690748)
In case you didn't notice, most if us that would have been pissed if we drafted DeCastro were also the ones that weren't happy that we drafted a 5 tech #3 overall.

I'm not angry over the fan-logic. It's the organization's mentality/draft day value I have a problem with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8690748)
Dorsey wasn't drafted to be a 5 tech, so he doesn't apply.

He does.

His talents are being wasted. He was drafted to play in a Cover 2 4-3 scheme (which I think he'd be a beast in) and then we went 3-4 and now he's a genius pianist who's doing weddings.

The best thing (for us and him) would be to trade him and use a 2nd or 3rd to replace him for much less...

milkman 06-20-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8690758)
I'm not angry over the fan-logic. It's the organization's mentality/draft day value I have a problem with.

I don't think their logic applies here.

I think they took a player who filled a position of bigger need.
If Poe wasn't on the board, I have little doubt that they would have taken DeCastro.
I wasn't going to be happy with either decision.

Quote:

He does.

His talents are being wasted. He was drafted to play in a Cover 2 4-3 scheme (which I think he'd be a beast in) and then we went 3-4 and now he's a genius pianist who's doing weddings.

The best thing (for us and him) would be to trade him and use a 2nd or 3rd to replace him for much less...
If we were running this same sstem when Dorsey was drafted, I would have been pissed with the pick.

That's why he doesn't apply.

We are talking about how the picks were perceived at the time they were picked.

Hammock Parties 06-20-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8690758)

They're not.

He's good at 2-gapping.

He's 2-gapping.

The idea he was ever going to be some kind of great, or even good, pass rusher is a myth.

Ace Gunner 06-20-2012 10:32 AM

Dorsey and TJ have been okay at stopping the run. TJ improved last season, Dorsey did not, not significantly imo.

Last season the Chiefs were ranked 29th against attempts (which I think means teams didn't run that often on them), 26th in run yards against them and 20th in running TD's allowed.

That is not very good.

We can say it was the NT's fault, but that would be stupid to say imo because Kelly Gregg and Gordon did a decent job in the middle, at least as decent as the two ends did. Nobody got push/penetration with any kind of consistency during passing downs and that was part of the reason Tamba Hali was not as good/better than 2011's stellar performance.

I'm sure the staff is going with Poe at DE during passing downs this season. Pairing Tamba with Poe at RDE on that weakside is going to create some problems for offenses, I bet. Mix in Gordon at NT with Bailey at LDE and LOLB Houston next to Bailey, I believe they could develop something like a pass rush by november.

Rausch 06-20-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8690785)
The idea he was ever going to be some kind of great, or even good, pass rusher is a myth.

It's why he was drafted.

It's not a myth. The fact that he had to change schemes means that his strengths are no longer what he's asked to do.

Rausch 06-20-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8690782)
If we were running this same sstem when Dorsey was drafted, I would have been pissed with the pick.

That's why he doesn't apply.

We are talking about how the picks were perceived at the time they were picked.

At the time it was a very good pick. And I still think he's a very good player.

I would say it's similar to giving Kurt Warner a huge contract and then in his second year we bring in an OC that installs the WCO and tells him to dink and dunk 5 yards at a time. It would be a waste...

Hammock Parties 06-20-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8690809)
It's why he was drafted.

It's not a myth. The fact that he had to change schemes means that his strengths are no longer what he's asked to do.

He has never shown an ability to be a pass rusher in the NFL. Period. Never.

Didn't show it as a rookie. In his second year, he tried to 3-tech in the nickel, frequently. Sucked at it. He no longer plays in the nickel.

Dorsey as some kind of dominant pass rusher is a myth. He was never, ever going to be Warren Sapp.

milkman 06-20-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8690852)
He has never shown an ability to be a pass rusher in the NFL. Period. Never.

Didn't show it as a rookie. In his second year, he tried to 3-tech in the nickel, frequently. Sucked at it. He no longer plays in the nickel.

Dorsey as some kind of dominant pass rusher is a myth. He was never, ever going to be Warren Sapp.

Actually, as the article itself points out, he also wasn't a pass rusher in college.

He had a knack for penetration against the run, blowing up plays at the LOS.

That's why he was drafted so high, and he is essentially doing exactl that now.

BossChief 06-20-2012 11:34 AM

Has Frankie ever started a thread that wasnt

A) borderline reeruned

B) a repost

?

Hammock Parties 06-20-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8691014)

A) borderline reeruned

B) a repost

?

Give him credit, he's not as bad as Pete.

BossChief 06-20-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8690866)
Actually, as the article itself points out, he also wasn't a pass rusher in college.

He had a knack for penetration against the run, blowing up plays at the LOS.

That's why he was drafted so high, and he is essentially doing exactl that now.

Glenn had 7 sacks in his last year at LSU.

whoman69 06-20-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8690675)
And no, Pioli didn't pay anyone to write that.

It's very grounded in reality.

TJ and Dorsey are very good against the run.

Really. The Chiefs ranked 26th against the run. TJ and Dorsey are nearly invisible against the pass. Don't just pretend they're out there for run plays.

Frankie 06-20-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8691014)

A) borderline reeruned

B) a repost

?

Two ordinary DEs are called superstars in an article. I bring it up for a discussion in a football forum. It's "borderline reeruned." Just because I don't put a negative brand on your posts does not mean all of your posts are smart. Someone needs to take his head out of his ass. :spock:

And as for 'repost,' I have not contested that being that the article is a couple of weeks old. But I count 6 other people posting here as if it's a new subject. So, repost jerks, please STFU or post the original thread about this article.