ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My cat died (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210518)

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908360)
Yea I was going to get two net time. He was my first cat and it seemed like he always wanted to be around other cats.

You gotta' rotate your pets. You get a new cat or dog when your present one is about 5 or 6 years along.

That way, as they pass on through the years it doesn't feel so empty.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908360)
Yea I was going to get two net time. He was my first cat and it seemed like he always wanted to be around other cats.

I think it's good to have more than one - that way the cats stay social and have something else to interact with when you're not home. I would recommend getting two siblings as kittens - that way you know they'll get along with each other.

And I would also recommend you stick to your guns about keeping the cats indoors. Much safer that way.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908375)
I think it's good to have more than one - that way the cats stay social and have something else to interact with when you're not home. I would recommend getting two siblings as kittens - that way you know they'll get along with each other.

And I would also recommend you stick to your guns about keeping the cats indoors. Much safer that way.

Word. Unless they grow up outside, they don't belong there.

Phobia 07-18-2009 12:33 AM

Your cat was dead on the street? That sucks.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908378)
Word. Unless they grow up outside, they don't belong there.

There are just too many things out there that can grease a cat quick. A good sized dog might survive an animal attack or getting hit by a car, but generally a cat's just ****ed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908392)
There are just too many things out there that can grease a cat quick. A good size dog might survive an animal attack or getting hit by a car, but generally a cat's just ****ed.

Troof!

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908375)

Yup plus he wasn't fixed. It was frustrating telling my parents lets get him fixed and keep him inside far less worse things can happen, but I didn't have the money to do so and they didn't want to for whatever reason.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908398)
Yup plus he wasn't fixed. It was frustrating telling my parents lets get him fixed and keep him inside far less worse things can happen, but I didn't have the money to do so and they didn't want to for whatever reason.

You can probably adopt a cat/cats from your local shelter that will have their shots and be fixed. Save you some trouble and money.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908401)
You can probably adopt a cat/cats from your local shelter that will have their shots and be fixed. Save you some trouble and money.

And it's a good thing to do.:thumb:

Goldmember 07-18-2009 01:02 AM

I'm sorry about your cat, but remember this if you get another one-

The average age for an indoor cat is 15 years, while the average age for an outdoor cat is only 3 to 5 years

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 5908426)

The average age for an indoor cat is 15 years, while the average age for an outdoor cat is only 3 to 5 years

Where you get that stat from?

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 5908426)

I've never heard those stats, but I have no trouble believing them.

Our oldest two are brothers, and are 15. And they never go outside.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908431)
I've never heard those stats, but I have no trouble believing them.

Our oldest two are brothers, and are 15. And they never go outside.

Our oldest lived to 16, so that sounds about right.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:09 AM

My dog lived for 17 years I think losing the dog was more rough then losing the cat despite seeing that the dogs health was declining.

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908434)
Our oldest lived to 16, so that sounds about right.

Well, I hope we get a few more years out of them, but even though they're both healthy I know either one could go at any time. They're both still active, although one of them has slowed down a bit.