ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Snorkels on vehicles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314362)

Nickhead 03-11-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13462035)
Does your vehicle have a snorkel? And do you use it? How often?

And isn't Australia pretty much all desert?

i drive a holden commodore (monte carlo-ish) so no need.

http://www.bowe.id.au/michael/Cars/V...-50percent.jpg

living on the east coast in the mountains, there are a ton of valleys, springs, and creeks to wade thru, so in some cases there's no way to get around without them.

srvy 03-11-2018 08:47 PM

I worked with a butt snorkel once. He had his nose so far up the big bosses butt he had to have it to breath. We called him snorkels I dont think he ever figured out why we called him that and he eventually got canned.

As for snorkels on trucks and stuff you see it a lot down in Louisiana keeps the intake above high water.

Frazod 03-11-2018 08:56 PM

I'd never heard of one until I saw this movie. I guess they're a good idea if you're planning to flee across a river from an erupting volcano.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZyLi2ApFhbY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hoover 03-11-2018 09:01 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JXg0klNSV9o" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ow3Thzrm5oo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

prhom 03-11-2018 09:05 PM

I’ve been told in Honduras that you should be wary of anyone who drives a Land Cruiser wth a snorkel. Apparently, both are quite popular with the narco crowd. I guess it can come in handy if the police/DEA guys chasing you don’t have snorkels on their trucks.

notorious 03-11-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13462021)
Most likely this.

THere are very few people that mod up their vehicles actually usually them.

When I was riding my bike around town that any mother****er driving a ****ing noisy ass diesel pickup without actively pulling a trailer is indeed a douche.

Especially if it's noisy as ****.

The louder the truck, the smaller the penis.

Mother ****ers love to buy used Dodge Diesels around here to haul their fat girlfriends around. That's the only load they carry or pull.

prhom 03-11-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13462031)
I live in downtown Denver and my wife is often irritated at the massive pickups driving around. We don't think these are working vehicles. We think they're oil and gas analysts driving to work.

There's one that parks in our building that drives my wife crazy. He's got a reserved spot in the underground garage right in the tightest spot, and it's hard for other vehicles to get around him to their spot.

I have to park my truck in downtown Denver and it’s a real pain. I had to look at 6 different garages before I could find one with enough overhead clearance. My truck isn’t even modified, Denver garages are just really low I guess. Which seems odd to me given how many people have big SUVs with gear racks on top. I did the courteous thing though and scouted the garage for the spot where I have the least impact on the cars next to me. Perhaps your wife should talk to the garage mgmt and see if they can move him?

Nickhead 03-11-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 13462091)
I have to park my truck in downtown Denver and it’s a real pain. I had to look at 6 different garages before I could find one with enough overhead clearance. My truck isn’t even modified, Denver garages are just really low I guess. Which seems odd to me given how many people have big SUVs with gear racks on top. I did the courteous thing though and scouted the garage for the spot where I have the least impact on the cars next to me. Perhaps your wife should talk to the garage mgmt and see if they can move him?

or you could leave a note :D

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...g?imwidth=1400

prhom 03-11-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13462097)
or you could leave a note :D

True, but if Rainman’s wife is parked next to him and he gets pissed then he might key her car or something stupid. If you tell garage mgmt that it’s impeding access to spots or is a safety issue because vehicles can’t get past it then it’ll be anonymous and there’s less chance of retaliation.

Nickhead 03-11-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 13462117)
True, but if Rainman’s wife is parked next to him and he gets pissed then he might key her car or something stupid. If you tell garage mgmt that it’s impeding access to spots or is a safety issue because vehicles can’t get past it then it’ll be anonymous and there’s less chance of retaliation.

considering the lady who left that note was arrested, i would take your route of de-escalation ROFL

Buehler445 03-11-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13462031)
I live in downtown Denver and my wife is often irritated at the massive pickups driving around. We don't think these are working vehicles. We think they're oil and gas analysts driving to work.

There's one that parks in our building that drives my wife crazy. He's got a reserved spot in the underground garage right in the tightest spot, and it's hard for other vehicles to get around him to their spot.

It's probably asshats that think they are rock climbers.

The last time I was down there I saw a shitload of jacked up pickups with reerunedly huge tires that wouldn't climb a rock to save their ass.

So yeah. Douches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13462084)
The louder the truck, the smaller the penis.

Mother ****ers love to buy used Dodge Diesels around here to haul their fat girlfriends around. That's the only load they carry or pull.

Definitely stealing this for when it gets nice again and we can bike.

Rain Man 03-11-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 13462091)

Yeah, she did talk to management, and I think she wasn't the only one. But it's a reserved spot system and that was the spot the big truck driver chose - right on the corner around a tight turn where a support column blocks part of the driving path. The truck driver does everything to minimize impact, backing up right onto the parking block, but the vehicle is just too large, so it sticks out and blocks off one of the paths through. She and about a dozen other cars have to squeeze through the second path around the column, which then makes it hard to turn into their spots.

Honestly, the garage has a really weird design, which doesn't help. I keep thinking there must be a better way to stripe it and design spots, because there are support columns in weird places.

Nickhead 03-11-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13462161)
Yeah, she did talk to management, and I think she wasn't the only one. But it's a reserved spot system and that was the spot the big truck driver chose - right on the corner around a tight turn where a support column blocks part of the driving path. The truck driver does everything to minimize impact, backing up right onto the parking block, but the vehicle is just too large, so it sticks out and blocks off one of the paths through. She and about a dozen other cars have to squeeze through the second path around the column, which then makes it hard to turn into their spots.

Honestly, the garage has a really weird design, which doesn't help. I keep thinking there must be a better way to stripe it and design spots, because there are support columns in weird places.

be careful, we all know what happened the last time someone tried parking their 'truck' next to a 'support column'. :thumb:

srvy 03-11-2018 10:04 PM

When we are out of town working we always look for the Paki Pads and Bangladesh Inn's but so do every other pipeliner. They are nice because you can pull up right to the door of the room haul the valuable gear inside without climbing steps. Welders always seem to have diesels you dont need a wakeup call as the start those noisy bastards 4 to 4:30 am to warm in the cold.

Fish 03-11-2018 10:09 PM

Came standard on my Chiefs red '92 Camaro.