ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith is "the best in the league" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274957)

Dayze 07-31-2013 11:45 AM

he'd better think he's the best in the league, because there won't be much patience (if at all) with him from the fan base. True Fans, the exception of course.

Mav 07-31-2013 11:45 AM

Pederson said, “but over time, Alex has proven he can get it done. He’s a sharp guy, he brings a wealth of knowledge, he’s experienced, he’s a proven winner the last couple of years, and he needs a team to embrace him.”

This is the only part that really made sense to me. Well, the very last line.

Alex Smith does need a team, and a front office to embrace him. They never really did that in San Francisco. It has been pointed out many times that Jim Harbaugh tried several times to replace him. Peyton Manning, letting him dangle like a fish on a hook during free agency, all the while, saying and doing the right things, letting Alex accept his coach of the year award, Alex Smith was his caddy at a Golf tournament, visiting Alex Smiths wife when she gave birth, but truthfully, he never was Jim's guy.

I am not saying that him being embraced by the organization is going to make Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers. But maybe he could be Matt Schaub.

But that is twice now. First, Andy Reid saying he was going to get Alex Smith into the hall of fame, and now Doug Pedersen, saying hes the best in the league. Best at what? I have no idea.......Picking his nose? Putting on his helmet? Dominoes? Spades? Tying his shoes?

But hes the best at something.

ptlyon 07-31-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9847704)
It's a great time of year when every GM and coach is excited about every player and some rookie is the best athlete they've ever seen, and you can ignore everything they say.

I was wondering if other teams did shit like this or this is the only one.

"I have two words for you..."

ptlyon 07-31-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847715)
Pederson said, “but over time, Alex has proven he can get it done. He’s a sharp guy, he brings a wealth of knowledge, he’s experienced, he’s a proven winner the last couple of years, and he needs a team to embrace him.”

This is the only part that really made sense to me. Well, the very last line.

Alex Smith does need a team, and a front office to embrace him. They never really did that in San Francisco. It has been pointed out many times that Jim Harbaugh tried several times to replace him. Peyton Manning, letting him dangle like a fish on a hook during free agency, all the while, saying and doing the right things, letting Alex accept his coach of the year award, Alex Smith was his caddy at a Golf tournament, visiting Alex Smiths wife when she gave birth, but truthfully, he never was Jim's guy.

I am not saying that him being embraced by the organization is going to make Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers. But maybe he could be Matt Schaub.

But that is twice now. First, Andy Reid saying he was going to get Alex Smith into the hall of fame, and now Doug Pedersen, saying hes the best in the league. Best at what? I have no idea.......Picking his nose? Putting on his helmet? Dominoes? Spades? Tying his shoes?

But hes the best at something.

Oh just STFU already

alpha_omega 07-31-2013 11:47 AM

Hope springs eternal in July.

Mav 07-31-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9847710)
Alex Smith, the whole team really, didn't need this pressure point. Sports radio isn't going to forget this comment, and expectations for Alex's individual performance will be raised accordingly. This was a pretty stupid thing to say. No benefit.

That isn't going to affect Alex Smith in the least. For all the bad shit that he does on the field, he is the ultimate professional. He isn't going to let what Clay says bother him, he wont let what his coaches bother him. At the end of the day, Alex Smith knows that its a business. That wont faze him in the least.

Jim Harbaugh called Alex Smith elite, and Greg Roman called Alex Smith a master of the playbook. Never affected him. This wont bother him at all.

Mav 07-31-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9847717)
Oh just STFU already

Why? Discussing the thread topic in depth isn't a good reason to post? Did I gargle too much on Alex Smiths balls in that post for you?

Don't like it, don't read it.......Its the truth.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-31-2013 11:52 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 11:52 AM

If he was elite, we'd win the West.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-31-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847733)

That may come back to haunt you.

Rausch 07-31-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847733)

If he was elite he wouldn't have been benched...

Pablo 07-31-2013 11:55 AM

Where's the truefan.gif when you need it?

Mav 07-31-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9847739)

Think about what you said. Now, go back, and slap yourself. There aren't a whole lot of qbs right now, in the NFL that you would say you would take today over Kaepernick. And I hate the guys guts. Hes that good though.

Today, over Kaepernick, I would take Andrew Luck, and Aaron Rodgers. That's it. Not Brees, hes old, not Brady, not Manning. Kaepernick is that special as a qb, and his future is that bright.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9847739)

C'mon. All of the great ones get sat for one game for a concussion and then accordingly lose their job to a 2nd year gimmick QB.

And, all of the great ones can be had for a 2nd rounder and a conditional 2nd/3rd.

Chiefs coaches are just as ****ing stupid as the fanbase it appears.

ptlyon 07-31-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847727)
...don't read it.......

Believe me, I didn't