ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cowboys "covet" free agent CB Brandon Carr (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256518)

milkman 02-26-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8400031)
if he even has a decent season in a media darling market like Dallas under a Rob Ryan defense he will easily make the Pro Bowl and become recognized probably more so than Flowers on the Chiefs

that is sad.

I believe that Flowers has reached his ceiling, while Carr is still ascending.

When it's all said and done, with good coaching Carr will be the better cover corner, and was for the last half of last year.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-26-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8400031)
if he even has a decent season in a media darling market like Dallas under a Rob Ryan defense he will easily make the Pro Bowl and become recognized probably more so than Flowers on the Chiefs

that is sad.

IDK carr on hakeem nicks and desean jackson could get ugly for him too.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-26-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8400033)
I believe that Flowers has reached his ceiling, while Carr is still ascending.

When it's all said and done, with good coaching Carr will be the better cover corner, and was for the last half of last year.

Carr was on the number 1 wr about 15% of the time lets see him on the number 1 100% of the time before we judge.

BossChief 02-26-2012 02:10 PM

I'm 100% ok with letting a starting corner walk IF we spend his money on Peyton Manning.

Also, Pioli has been working on Re-signing Bowe for a year now.

Remember when the supposed blow up between Hey and Bowe happened and the report was that Bowe went to Pioli and Pioli said to lay off the players he is trying to re-sign...

I wonder if Bowe is waiting to see what hallens at QB, too.

I'm sure he and Tony G had many conversations about quarterbacks and aykff wins/superbowls.

BigMeatballDave 02-26-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8400032)
You're not tying up $100 million.

You're tying up less than half that in guaranteed money. Flowers got 22 million guaranteed.

Fine. Whatever. I'm over it.

I love Carr, but we aren't winning shit without a real QB anyway.

tk13 02-26-2012 02:12 PM

It stinks but it's the reality of things. No team ever keeps 100% of its guys. I'm sure Carr's agent knew what he'd get in the open market.

The positive is... you don't build teams around CB's. You just don't. A legitimate Super Bowl defense is not built around that position.

ghak99 02-26-2012 02:13 PM

If we're really letting him walk, I hope a bidding war breaks out and Jerry makes him filthy rich.

Marcellus 02-26-2012 02:13 PM

Amazing how its always the teams fault if we don't resign somebody even though we haven't let 1 top tier FA leave in years and years.

Dallas is going to over pay Carr and plenty of teams would be willing to give Bowe huge $. We shouldnt pay both of them insane money when we still have other holes to fill.

I dont think Bowe or Carr ever had any intentions of signing an extension and were going to push for FA or the tag the whole time.

But that is Pioli's fault. OK.

milkman 02-26-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8400035)
Carr was on the number 1 wr about 15% of the time lets see him on the number 1 100% of the time before we judge.

Not judging.

Just expressing the opinion that the recognition that Carr as a Cowboy would get would be earned.

Cephalic Trauma 02-26-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 8400029)
Because we're franshising bowe?
Posted via Mobile Device

Overpay Bowe. I don't give a rat's ass. We have a unique opportunity to hold the cards and drive up the price for a very good, proven corner. I'm curious as to what other people think would be reasonable compensation for a guy like that.

BigMeatballDave 02-26-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8400040)
It stinks but it's the reality of things. No team ever keeps 100% of its guys. I'm sure Carr's agent knew what he'd get in the open market.

The positive is... you don't build teams around CB's. You just don't. A legitimate Super Bowl defense is not built around that position.

Yep.

My feeling now is Carr is gonna get a sick deal from Dallas.

Time to move on.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-26-2012 02:16 PM

IMO the drop off between carr and routt is very little.

Dallas Chief 02-26-2012 02:17 PM

This has been all the buzz on the Dallas sports talk scene since the Cowboys shit the bed at the end of the season. I despise the Cowboys, but I don't blame them for lusting after Carr. Their overpayed overhyped secondary was dreadful last year.

Marcellus 02-26-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8400055)

I agree. I think he is overrated by Chiefs fans because he is a Chief. He is damn good but not great. He and Flowers made a good trandem, being the #1 guy is whole different story.

That being said I want him back but not at $10MM a year.

Cephalic Trauma 02-26-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8400055)

What are the chances Carr becomes Stanford Routt 2.0?