ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football KC Super Bowl hosting bid? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277208)

ChiefsCountry 10-08-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10064277)
Thanks, and not enough hotels. They are adding more but if Nashville ever gets a domed stadium then there is a chance if they keep building more hotels.

Last numbers I had seen Nashville had around 36k hotel rooms, KC I think was 26k and Indy was 20k I believe.

Lprechaun 10-08-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10064284)
February in KC? What's that like? I'm picturing:

http://www.funnysigns.net/files/hell...er-400x221.jpg

And the way football should be played time to time. Domes are for sissys. Every NFL city should get a Super Bowl before a city gets two. The NFL cash cow needs to spread that wealth around. The money it would bring to KC and the interest in the city it would bring would be immense.
And if you think Jacksonville would be bad than move the team, its a league of parody and needs to be fair for each city when it comes to the biggest game of the year.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 10064208)
Why exactly? The All Star Game seemed to go well.
I can see Green Bay not getting it just because of sheer size of stadium, NY is NY but I think KC would put on one hell of a Super Bowl week.

For one, there aren't enough hotel rooms to accommodate 100,000+ visitors.

Public transportation is nearly non-existent. The stadium is a long way from downtown and without rail, subway, bussing, etc., it would be a logistical nightmare.

cardken2 10-08-2013 03:23 PM

I've always said that the Super bowl should go round robin to every city of the NFL. I know logistics come into play in some venues, but every fan around the country should have the opportunity to experience the Super Bowl excitement, without going broke on travel let alone tickets prices.

vailpass 10-08-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken2 (Post 10064337)
I've always said that the Super bowl should go round robin to every city of the NFL. I know logistics come into play in some venues, but every fan around the country should have the opportunity to experience the Super Bowl excitement, without going broke on travel let alone tickets prices.

$

RealSNR 10-08-2013 03:29 PM

When the Raiders get a chance to host the Super Bowl, instead of a roman numeral, that Super Bowl will just be followed by a picture of a turd

listopencil 10-08-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 10064299)
And the way football should be played time to time. Domes are for sissys. Every NFL city should get a Super Bowl before a city gets two. The NFL cash cow needs to spread that wealth around. The money it would bring to KC and the interest in the city it would bring would be immense.
And if you think Jacksonville would be bad than move the team, its a league of parody and needs to be fair for each city when it comes to the biggest game of the year.

I like foul weather football but I don't think the NFL will go for it if they don't have to.

Chief Roundup 10-08-2013 03:38 PM

No zero chance. We lost that chance when the removable top was not part of the renovation. There was an exception made for New York. It was part of the stadium deal IIRC.

vailpass 10-08-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10064376)
I like foul weather football but I don't think the NFL will go for it if they don't have to.

Plus you need to have convention facilities, infrastructure, everything for the biggest spectacle in American sports...

gblowfish 10-08-2013 03:40 PM

We had the Pro Bowl at Arrowhead once, before they permanently moved it to Hawaii. I went to the game!

KC native 10-08-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10064321)

Public transportation is nearly non-existent. The stadium is a long way from downtown and without rail, subway, bussing, etc., it would be a logistical nightmare.

This.

Lprechaun 10-08-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10064321)

Roger Goodell as of May 31st of this year said this when it comes to hotel rooms

"It is more than just a game now," said Goodell from the owners' meetings in Boston last week. "I keep emphasizing that. This is a week-long event. We have multiple events that need multiple facilities. We are at [a need for] well over 25,000 hotel rooms now."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013...t-a-super-bowl

Lprechaun 10-08-2013 03:52 PM

Surely KC has better than 25k hotel rooms within an hour drive. (the hour drive is the stipulation put on this)

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 10064425)
Surely KC has better than 25k hotel rooms within an hour drive. (the hour drive is the stipulation put on this)

One hour drive?

:facepalm:

Logistical nightmare.

Lprechaun 10-08-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10064454)
One hour drive?

:facepalm:

Logistical nightmare.

Thats the NFL guideline... it says better than 25k rooms within an hour drive.
An hour long drive in KC is the same as an hour long drive in NY, LA, SF Tampa....