ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff Coffee filters are a great value and Springfield rocks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298076)

HemiEd 02-06-2016 07:01 PM

Wildcats!

Dinny Bossa Nova 02-06-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 12067016)
I've only been to Springfield a couple times but I enjoyed both visits. Would visit again.

And my life would suck without coffee filters.

I had a great time at one of them. Would host again.

Got a new coffee maker and some Peaberry (because they keep you going) Kona coffee beans for Christmas. I now make the finest cup of coffee this side of Kansas Expressway.

Dinny

Iowanian 02-06-2016 07:17 PM

Coffee filters are so universally useful.

You can use them to make coffee, clean water in a survival situation, filter meth, prove you are Jewish as a head piece and hold an Amish woman's hair in place.

stevieray 02-06-2016 07:34 PM

They are great for covering food in the microwave.

RedandGold 02-06-2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12067035)

I have a couple that came with our coffee pots, but I never use them. The minimal improvement in the brewed coffee (if any) isn't enough to offset the PITA factor of cleaning it. Unbleached Melitta filters work just fine for my needs.

RedandGold 02-06-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 12067144)
French Press or GTFO

http://i.imgur.com/0DZiMJg.jpg

The pre-ground Verona smells like a litter box. Just sayin'

Buehler445 02-06-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold (Post 12067309)
I have a couple that came with our coffee pots, but I never use them. The minimal improvement in the brewed coffee (if any) isn't enough to offset the PITA factor of cleaning it. Unbleached Melitta filters work just fine for my needs.

Quick rinse does mine. Probably an additional 15 seconds over paper. And it never collapses and fills the decanter with grinds.

I spend less time on it than I do when I rinse the decanter. Plus I never run out of filters and have to go buy only filters.

HemiEd 02-06-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12067322)
Quick rinse does mine. Probably an additional 15 seconds over paper. And it never collapses and fills the decanter with grinds.

I spend less time on it than I do when I rinse the decanter. Plus I never run out of filters and have to go buy only filters.

Sounds like you are happy with your system.

A $2 package of filters lasts me about a year and if you get the container seated correctly, it never fills the pot with grinds for me. To be fair though, my wife won't even make it anymore because she can't seem to get it right.

She uses a Keurig.

srvy 02-06-2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12067012)
I have a bone to pick with coffee filters.

I would prefer to buy the non-bleached filters because I do believe you end up getting trace amounts of the bleaching agent in your coffee.

But the unbleached filters are atleast 3x higher priced... shouldnt they be less expensive since not bleaching them would make production cheaper? They dont have to use bleach and they dont have to take the extra step in production.

Get a French press and do away with altogether. I call it a freedom press.

HonestChieffan 02-06-2016 09:29 PM

French press for sure

Springfield is nice but its really too big a city

Nixa has a great hardware store and Patio/BBQ store

Used to be the best carwash ever next door to BPS but they sold out and it was torn down.

Toby Waller 02-06-2016 09:34 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ORETsvC.gif

TribalElder 02-06-2016 09:43 PM

Large numbers of Coffee filter purchases

You have been added to the watchlist

HemiEd 02-07-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 12067410)
French press for sure

Springfield is nice but its really too big a city

Nixa has a great hardware store and Patio/BBQ store

Used to be the best carwash ever next door to BPS but they sold out and it was torn down.

I have been to that hardware store and agree. We learned a lot about alternative heat sources from them before we made our purchase.

I think Springfield is just right for our big quarterly shopping trip to Sam's. We hit multiple stops when we go and it is very easy to get around.

The health care area was also a very nice surprise when we were there last week.

One thing I have learned after living in Southern Missouri for a while now is that you are in good shape if you are dealing with the natives, it is the transplants like us that can be the problem.

BlackHelicopters 02-07-2016 09:37 AM

Bleached or unbleached, both work well during the meth manufacturing process.

HemiEd 02-07-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12067769)
Bleached or unbleached, both work well during the meth manufacturing process.

Seriously? They are used in that process? I am surprised they are so easy to get then.

One of our son in laws needed some sinus relief a few years ago, he is from Texas, and it was a major deal to acquire some of that type of medicine. It was an all day deal since we were pretty new down here.