ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I read two things tonight about the Chiefs that dissapoint me... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107974)

theultimatekcchiefsfan 01-08-2005 01:48 AM

I also noticed that Steve Cheek was a captain the game before we cut him. I thought it was rediculous at the time because the guy was doing crappy anyway.

Rausch 01-08-2005 02:25 AM

Hicks was elected out of respect and for his stretch as a Chief.

He's gone...

OldTownChief 01-08-2005 02:40 AM

I took my 12 year old daughter to her first Chiefs game this season. She has been a huge Chiefs fan since she was 9. I was telling her about the hype before the game and they come up with this extremely LAME intro on the tron and then they introduce the special teams players. What the fuck was that all about? What an embarrassing joke that is for a kids first trip to Arrowhead. That place was nothing like it was a few years ago. Then I got to show her a bunch of drunks fighting raiders in the parking lot 10 Chiefs fans to 1 raider fan.

All she could talk about when we left was, she got to meet FirstDownElvis and RedNeckRaider.

I go to about 2 games a year on average but this was my first for the last two seasons. What happened to the cool intro they had? I could go on and on but I won't. Fans in KC need to pull their heads out of their asses and....well just pull their heads out of their asses.

Rausch 01-08-2005 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief
I took my 12 year old daughter to her first Chiefs game this season. She has been a huge Chiefs fan since she was 9. I was telling her about the hype before the game and they come up with this extremely LAME intro on the tron and then they introduce the special teams players. What the fuck was that all about? What an embarrassing joke that is for a kids first trip to Arrowhead. That place was nothing like it was a few years ago. Then I got to show her a bunch of drunks fighting raiders in the parking lot 10 Chiefs fans to 1 raider fan.

All she could talk about when we left was, she got to meet FirstDownElvis and RedNeckRaider.

I go to about 2 games a year on average but this was my first for the last two seasons. What happened to the cool intro they had?

Who cares?

Years from now, your Son-in-law will kneel down and worship before the man that shaped this woman...

OldTownChief 01-08-2005 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Who cares?

Years from now, your Son-in-law will kneel down and worship before the man that shaped this woman...

She's still a Chiefs fan through and through. I told her, her next Arrowhead trip would be eariler in the season and not a Raiders game.

Shootr 01-08-2005 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58
So you lead the worst defense in the league in pressures and hits. So basically he is the best of the worst. Yea, that's a guy I want on my team. :shake:

OK...so, you want the worst of the worst to be captain, then? :spock:

Dartgod 01-08-2005 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief
Fans in KC need to pull their heads out of their asses and....well just pull their heads out of their asses.

Excuse me?

bricks 01-08-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Hicks was elected out of respect and for his stretch as a Chief.

He's gone...

you really think he's not gonna be a Chief next year? Despite the fact, we just gave him a new contract?

whoman69 01-08-2005 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks
you really think he's not gonna be a Chief next year? Despite the fact, we just gave him a new contract?

It will be hard to cut guys that just signed a contract, but it can be done. Frankly from what I've heard of the talk about Eric Hicks, they don't believe he is part of the problem. Estimates show that we are $10 million over the cap for next season, but most of that can be erased by cutting Vonnie Holliday, who has a huge roster bonus of $6 million for next season along with a bump in pay. I think it should be pretty clear to everyone who needs to get the pink slip next year. Also, signing Browing for starting player salary when he is a back up was short sighted. What am I saying, the whole off season last year was short sighted.

DTLB58 01-08-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shootr
OK...so, you want the worst of the worst to be captain, then? :spock:

As stated in an earlier post, I don't freakin care who the team captains are. My problem was that Vermeil said Hicks had a OUTSTANDING year!