ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Automobile help needed please. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110387)

J Diddy 02-17-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
$800

My math was bronco math.

J Diddy 02-17-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
Put this in your back window

http://www.hqda.army.mil/acsimweb/fd.../window_ac.jpg

But don't stray to far from your house or have a looooong extension cord.

ROFL

That's some funny shit.

Pants 02-17-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:

please do tell me about the responsibilities of being an adult.

Like I didn't take it to a mechanic first.

And, umm, you didn't ask him but instead chose to ask on CP? Whatever you feel like, why are you so hostile though?

HemiEd 02-17-2005 11:46 PM

Quote:

You can spend about a grand and have it installed but you won't like it. If you wanted to spend some serious dough for a street rod set up it would probably be worth more than the truck. Maybe you should consider the $10 option or drop a small block Chrysler engine in it.

Phobia 02-17-2005 11:46 PM

My apologies for my synical response. Sometimes I suck. If you're getting a great deal, I hope you're happy with it. I'm guessing it would cost a significant amount to put air into unless you know somebody who would wanna tinker with it. I don't know shit, though.

Pants 02-17-2005 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
You can spend about a grand and have it installed but you won't like it. If you wanted to spend some serious dough for a street rod set up it would probably be worth more than the truck. Maybe you should consider the $10 option or drop a small block Chrysler engine in it.

Oh, I thought it was broke. NM JD.

Phobia 02-17-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
You can spend about a grand and have it installed but you won't like it.

Cool. My WAG was on the money. I'm smarter than even I give myself credit for....

KCWolfman 02-17-2005 11:49 PM

Quote:

You will only be able to turn on the air going downhill. There is a reason your 90 horsepower engine wasn't originally made with air, it can't handle it.

Mr. Kotter 02-17-2005 11:49 PM

Sounds like you are gettin' a good deal on an older vehicle; sounds like it's in good shape.

Heck, you can probably get it installed for 700-900 bucks at the right place....but that puts a strain on a 4-banger. Unless you NEED air, I don't know if I'd make the investment. If you NEED the air, the 900 bucks is probably worth it to you--asuuming the vehicle will last at least 2-3 years, or more. Your call.

J Diddy 02-17-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
And, umm, you didn't ask him but instead chose to ask on CP? Whatever you feel like, why are you so hostile though?

Because the mechanic I spoke with didn't really seem to interested in this area. Because I like to do stuff myself, that way if I screw it up it is on me. Because that's the way I work.

Pick your answer.

HemiEd 02-17-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Cool. My WAG was on the money. I'm smarter than even I give myself credit for....

See I told you that you were not a moron! Thanks for the change!

Pants 02-17-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

Because the mechanic I spoke with didn't really seem to interested in this area. Because I like to do stuff myself, that way if I screw it up it is on me. Because that's the way I work.

Pick your answer.

Read my last post. I misunderstood.

J Diddy 02-17-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
You will only be able to turn on the air going downhill. There is a reason your 90 horsepower engine wasn't originally made with air, it can't handle it.

So I guess the spray bottle and the window open is the best option then.

I can live with that.

HemiEd 02-17-2005 11:53 PM

Quote:

Pick your answer.

As nice as this unit sounds a street rod set-up ( around $2500) might be worth it. They are small compressor, high efficiency units.

J Diddy 02-17-2005 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Oh, I thought it was broke. NM JD.

It's all good. I like to tinker. Either way I won't have much invested in it if I screw it up.