ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Great buzzer-beater win in UNI-WSU game. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111000)

Saulbadguy 03-01-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I must have been thinking of RPI, next

Yeah, next. Check it when its updated to reflect your home loss vs UNI. I guarantee you it won't be 34.

HemiEd 03-01-2005 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Wrong. So wrong. How many Final Fours have the Shucks been to?

Ever heard of Mitch Richmond? How about Jack Parr, or Bob Boozer? Ed Nealy? Steve Henson? KSU has had a total of 17 players to the NBA. WuShuck has had 9.

Guess my memory is failing, ha ha,. Wasn't Jack Parr the guy that preceeded Johnny Carson? Mitch Richmond is the guard I was trying to think of and I do remember Steve Henson and Ed Nealy. I think the Shocks went to two final fours in the early 60s, how about KState?
Oh, how did the brake job come out?

HemiEd 03-01-2005 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Hell, you can't even spell appalled. I like WSU and K-State equally. They are Kansas schools, remember?

Rep! :thumb:

Saulbadguy 03-01-2005 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Guess my memory is failing, ha ha,. Wasn't Jack Parr the guy that preceeded Johnny Carson? Mitch Richmond is the guard I was trying to think of and I do remember Steve Henson and Ed Nealy. I think the Shocks went to two final fours in the early 60s, how about KState?
Oh, how did the brake job come out?

KSU has had 4 Final Four appearances, 1 national title game appearance.
I'd have to say Mitch Richmond is my favorite all time K-State player, as he was around when I was growing up. Watched him in the NBA as well. IIRC he was the MVP of an all-star game once.

As for the brake job..got the rotors and shit sittin in the back of my car. Hope to get it done this week. :thumb:

Saulbadguy 03-01-2005 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Hell, you can't even spell appalled. I like WSU and K-State equally. They are Kansas schools, remember?

I wouldn't mind WSU if their fans weren't so arrogant. Last year I went to the KSU-WSU game at Bramlage (we won), and the Shocks fans there were just terrible. Severe case of the little man syndrome.

Skip Towne 03-01-2005 08:27 AM

Quote:

Wrong. So wrong. How many Final Fours have the Shucks been to?

Ever heard of Mitch Richmond? How about Jack Parr, or Bob Boozer? Ed Nealy? Steve Henson? KSU has had a total of 17 players to the NBA. WuShuck has had 9.

.....and many more to the Phillips 66'ers.

HemiEd 03-01-2005 08:29 AM

Quote:

KSU has had 4 Final Four appearances, 1 national title game appearance.
I'd have to say Mitch Richmond is my favorite all time K-State player, as he was around when I was growing up. Watched him in the NBA as well. IIRC he was the MVP of an all-star game once.

As for the brake job..got the rotors and shit sittin in the back of my car. Hope to get it done this week. :thumb:

Mitch Richmond would be up there, but Rolando Blackman and Chuckie Williams were truly great players as well. Good Luck with the Brake job.