ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Why are Athletes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118119)

Fire Me Boy! 06-17-2005 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Best of luck with that.

I get the impression that you're being very sarcastic, but I recognize that for many it would be something they dread and would never want to deal with it, but what is it bad for someone else?

Earthling 06-17-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
3. Entertainers (especially) musicians get a pass for a lot of stupid crap because it comes with the party lifestyle.

I'll drink to that!

Frazod 06-17-2005 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
I get the impression that you're being very sarcastic, but I recognize that for many it would be something they dread and would never want to deal with it, but what is it bad for someone else?

Not at all. Granted, I'm not going to lose any sleep if you live and die anonymously, but if you can find a way to make your dreams come true, more power to you.

Besides, then I can say I knew you when. :D

But you're right, it definitely wouldn't be for me. Walking through downtown Chicago on a daily basis aggravates me. I am definitely not a people person.

Phobia 06-17-2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

I am definitely not a people person.

Which explains how you can work for those sub-humans.... Heh.

Frazod 06-17-2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Which explains how you can work for those sub-humans.... Heh.

Exactly. :evil:

Skip Towne 06-17-2005 11:49 PM

Quote:

Sometimes I feel kinda famous... I have people sending me free shit all the time. Yesterday I got a sample pack of Grade A Vermont Maple Syrup... and when Sponge Bob came out in the theaters the production company sent me a box of Twinkies.

People want me... they really do.

I know... none of that makes me famous... but I'm trying to up my self-esteem.

Shut up, n00b.

Fire Me Boy! 06-18-2005 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Shut up, n00b.

:sulk:

Rausch 06-18-2005 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
The label of 'role model' has been thrust upon athletes because too many kids need one?

Or because all kids need one...

J Diddy 06-18-2005 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Or because all kids need one...

Not the really smart ones, they figure it out on their own.

Frazod 06-18-2005 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy

I think SR was implying that too many kids need role models because their parents aren't up to the job.

J Diddy 06-18-2005 12:44 AM

Quote:

I think SR was implying that too many kids need role models because their parents aren't up to the job.

I believe that all parents are role models, but let's be realistic. It is society that pushes the glamour on the kids. You could take a kid with a great upbringing, excellent parents and they would still latch on to the athlete. That's how they sell the merchandise.

Frazod 06-18-2005 12:48 AM

Quote:

I believe that all parents are role models, but let's be realistic. It is society that pushes the glamour on the kids. You could take a kid with a great upbringing, excellent parents and they would still latch on to the athlete. That's how they sell the merchandise.

You must live in a wondrous, idyllic place if you really believe all parents are role models. Mine sure as hell weren't.

Rausch 06-18-2005 12:51 AM

Quote:

Yeah, the kids that "figure it out on their own" tend to be great role models...

luv 06-18-2005 12:57 AM

Quote:

You must live in a wondrous, idyllic place if you really believe all parents are role models. Mine sure as hell weren't.

I don't think he specified between good role models and bad. Every parent plays a role. The absent parent teaches the child to depend on the one parent they have left. That parent then plays the biggest part on how the kids ultimately turns out. There are exceptions though. There are kids who grew up with two very lousy parents, yet still managed to make a decent life for themselves.

mikey23545 06-18-2005 04:07 AM

Quote:

I can't even imagine the severe psychological problems and character flaws that would cause someone to want to be famous.