ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Full-Auto Laws Question... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164215)

unlurking 06-08-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Just curious. Why would you want a fully automatic gun? It does not compute with me, sorry.

I thought it would be cheap ($200 plus a spare trigger assembly), and sounded like it might be fun to shoot. My friend has an uncle who is a cattle rancher, and asks people to come over and thin out the prairie dog community. Let's you shoot whatever you want, as long as you don't hit the house! Would be fun with a 50 round clip, at least worth a shot to find out for $200.

HemiEd 06-08-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
I thought it would be cheap ($200 plus a spare trigger assembly), and sounded like it might be fun to shoot. My friend has an uncle who is a cattle rancher, and asks people to come over and thin out the prairie dog community. Let's you shoot whatever you want, as long as you don't hit the house! Would be fun with a 50 round clip, at least worth a shot to find out for $200.

Ok I get it, that would be kind of fun. I enjoy plinking around with a fire arm once in a while, but it has been a long time.

unlurking 06-08-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Ok I get it, that would be kind of fun. I enjoy plinking around with a fire arm once in a while, but it has been a long time.

Yeah, I'm really getting into it. I think mainly because it gives me several hours to "do something" to keep my mind off the divorce. In desperate need of hobbies, otherwise I just sit around stroking my own pity.

So far I've had my pistol a few weeks, and run through about 3000 rounds. I even enjoy the hour it takes to clean the gun every time.

HemiEd 06-08-2007 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

In desperate need of hobbies, otherwise I just sit around stroking my own pity..

Good for you man!

Quote:

So far I've had my pistol a few weeks, and run through about 3000 rounds. I even enjoy the hour it takes to clean the gun every time.

Holy shit! :eek: 3000 rounds!

I have had my 357 now for over ten years, with out shooting it. :banghead: In fact, I can't even remember if it is a S&W or a Colt. This is a picture of one just like it though, that I have saved.

unlurking 06-08-2007 10:08 AM

hahaha!

Well the ammo for mine is only $10-$15 for 500 rounds, so actually spending a couple hours at the range is pretty cheap. Would love to play around with a larger gun like yours, but I can fire 500 rounds before the gun gets heavy in my hands, and no recoil aches. Really would like to get a high level at marksmanship.

HemiEd 06-08-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

hahaha!

Well the ammo for mine is only $10-$15 for 500 rounds, so actually spending a couple hours at the range is pretty cheap. Would love to play around with a larger gun like yours, but I can fire 500 rounds before the gun gets heavy in my hands, and no recoil aches. Really would like to get a high level at marksmanship.

Heck, I have no idea what the ammo costs for mine. I bought a box (50?) when I bought the gun, they are hollow points but may be getting to old.

I used to have a 22 magnum that I shot a lot of rounds through, that is why my ears still ring.

crazycoffey 06-08-2007 12:21 PM

Full auto is sorta fun, but it wears off and you'll see it's just gimicky. Wastes alot of ammo.

PastorMikH 06-08-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

I would be more than happy helping your friend's uncle get rid of those prairie dogs.

:)

If you are thinking that an Ruger Ranch Rifle (or AR-15 for that matter) would be a lot of fun with Prairie dogs you might end up dissapointed. Had a Dr friend out in KS that bought both. He blasted lots of ammo at first but after watching me explode dogs with my Mausers cambered in 22-250 he got pretty dissapointed in his guns. You'll probably go through lots of ammo, but I'd wager I could kill more in any given time slot.

go bo 06-08-2007 01:38 PM

do they have prairie dogs down in ok land?

go bo 06-08-2007 01:43 PM

is the ok red dirt like the red dirt in rural ga?

PastorMikH 06-08-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
do they have prairie dogs down in ok land?

Some, but they are few and far between. Dad and I just got back from Kansas where we shot dogs monday thru wednesday of this week.

PastorMikH 06-08-2007 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
is the ok red dirt like the red dirt in rural ga?

:shrug:

Never been to GA so I don't know.