ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Wow. Tickets still available for the Jags game. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171435)

Simplex3 10-03-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
Agree to disagree. I'd much rather be good almost every single year than be shitty for 10 years, then be good, then when Peyton Manning breaks his femur, be shitty again.

I guess I'm just used to being a KU fan. I expect to be good every year, and I expect to choke in the playoffs.

I don't understand that logic though. Florida Marlins have won 2 World Series in like the last 10 years. Would you really want to be a Florida Marlin's fan? Granted it's a tad better than the Royals, but pretty shitty nonetheless.

:spock: You would take yearly playoff losses over championships. Uh, Ok?

BWillie 10-03-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
:spock: You would take yearly playoff losses over championships. Uh, Ok?

Meh, not necessarily. With the level the Chiefs are at, and have been for the last 15 years, I am ok with not winning a Super Bowl. Definitely not pleased, but when I look back on the last 15 years of Chiefs football it there was much more good than bad.

Kansas has been a dominant team in the last 60 years in college basketball. Everybody knows their name, and understands the prestige that goes along with it. They have only won 2 NCAA titles, that is it.

Do you know who also has two titles? Florida, Louisville, San Fransisco, UCONN, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, NC State, Michigan State.

I can tell you this, I would probably blow my head off if I was a San Francisco basketball fan.

Simplex3 10-03-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Meh, not necessarily. With the level the Chiefs are at, and have been for the last 15 years, I am ok with not winning a Super Bowl. Definitely not pleased, but when I look back on the last 15 years of Chiefs football it there was much more good than bad.

For me 0-16 is no better or worse than 13-3 and getting your ass handed to you in the playoffs. The goal was to win the Super Bowl and anything less was failure.

BWillie 10-03-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

For me 0-16 is no better or worse than 13-3 and getting your ass handed to you in the playoffs. The goal was to win the Super Bowl and anything less was failure.

I think you should lower your expectations. There are 32 teams in the league, you are going to be unhappy at least 31 out of 32 years. Going to the playoffs is a good year, and should be embraced.

Simplex3 10-03-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

I think you should lower your expectations. There are 32 teams in the league, you are going to be unhappy at least 31 out of 32 years. Going to the playoffs is a good year, and should be embraced.

Meh. It's not how I live my life. Also, I no longer judge how good a day was or wasn't by the outcome of a game.

:)

BigRedChief 10-03-2007 06:58 AM

The Chiefs fanbase wants change from the middle of the pack, never win a playoff game mentality.

When you have great fans like Nzoner giving up their seats because they are pissed about the direction of the team, they should recognize trouble is brewing.

And if they don't. The empty seats will be there for all to see.

Supposely the Chiefs have $11 - 13 million of cap space left this season. Why didn't they use that cap room to pay LJ this season and save cap room in the future to upgrade the team? If they don't sign Allen this season what are they going to do with that money? Pocket it instead of improve the team?

Kerberos 10-03-2007 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
SO when was the last time a Chiefs game got blacked out locally?? IM guessing 89 or 90??

I would think it would be 1988 or earlier since "I Think" the chiefs have sold out every home game since 89.

Nzoner 10-03-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
SO when was the last time a Chiefs game got blacked out locally?? IM guessing 89 or 90??

I'm pretty sure it was 1991

bkkcoh 10-03-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner
I'm pretty sure it was 1991

[edit] Homefield reputation

The Chiefs have played at Arrowhead Stadium since 1972.Further information: Arrowhead Stadium
As of the end of the 2006 NFL season, Arrowhead Stadium has a consecutive sell-out record of 141 games (17 seasons) dating back to the home opener in 1990. The Chiefs have a 102-34 home record at Arrowhead stadium since 1990, the best in the NFL.

From wikipedia

DaFace 10-03-2007 09:52 AM

Damn. I'd be there if it wouldn't cost me three times as much to fly there than it would for the ticket itself.

Hoover 10-03-2007 10:35 AM

I think this is created by forcing people to buy tickets to this game if they want to see the Broncos, or the Packers. This whole 2 game package is effin stupid.

Dartgod 10-03-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace
Damn. I'd be there if it wouldn't cost me three times as much to fly there than it would for the ticket itself.

Get your cheap-assed boss to pay for the plane ticket.

Extra Point 10-03-2007 10:40 AM

So much for the newspaper ad.

Demonpenz 10-03-2007 10:50 AM

carl explained why they can't go to the cap this year. It was something about they would be sacrificing the next 10 years. I didn't understand it but if you got his transcript from soren petro's show he explained it. I don't know if it was true or not but he explained it

Mr. Plow 10-03-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

The goal was to win the Super Bowl and anything less was failure.

:clap: :clap: :clap: